Desert COP Hangs On

Desert COP

:P To ALL,

Can't be there to race with the big dogs so I guess this will have to do. 2nd place in the Akratiri Cyprus Go-kart Grand Prix. After 25 laps of this type of racing I was worn out. The young guys beat me on the race to the car but I caught all but one of them. Our start was 100 yards from the cars and I had to run with a bunch of young pups. They gave me a hard time but I came back to get second place with another cart on my back bumper. It was a lot of fun. I look forward to trying my skills in the dirt. :P

:ph34r: Dennis in the Desert (Cyprus) :ph34r:

WAY TO GO DESSERT COP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Hope you come soon. Take good care of yourself, while you are out there taking care of us. You troops are in our prayers. BTW great picture. Too bad there was not a fence for you to climb. (lol) Maybe ther will be one when you get 1st. :lol:

He could of swung on that no smokeing door .thanks for the pic . nick you forgot to make the pic smaller .

It was 1.2 megs when he sent it to me. The shrunken version I posted is 46.5 KB. That's about 24 times smaller!

Thanks for keeping me on my toes, Mike.

Nick Holt

WHAT!?!?!?!

FIRST LOSER???

Just Kidding DESERTCOP

Good Job, sounds like you'd have won it if it weren't for the running part.

25 Laps?...thats a lot for a Go-Kart

Glad to hear you guys have something to keep you sane "over there".

I'm curious.....what type of facility was it, or did ya'll scratch a track out in the sand?

And how much did the gas cost!?!?!?

COOL PICTURE

Dennis, that is really cool! Glad to see you are getting some racing in over there. I think you could have won the race but 100 yards with boots on has got to be tough LOL! Please send us some more pics if you have them. And while we are on the subject of racing, do they race cars over there? Congratz on a podium finnish, keep up the good work. Neon Will

WHAT!?!?!?!

FIRST LOSER???

Just Kidding DESERTCOP

Good Job, sounds like you'd have won it if it weren't for the running part.

25 Laps?...thats a lot for a Go-Kart

Glad to hear you guys have something to keep you sane "over there".

I'm curious.....what type of facility was it, or did ya'll scratch a track out in the sand?

And how much did the gas cost!?!?!?

COOL PICTURE

B) DJ,

It's an asphalt track and it's 1.3 kilometers long (a littleover a mile I think) with lots of turns and twists. The gas over here is only 28 cents a liter and it takes 3 liters to make a gallon. Cheaper than a mop to fill up your car. Half the worlds oil is right here.

Will, I have more pictures and will post them as soon as I can shrink them a little bit. I'm telling you that I was totally worn out by the time the race was over and even got to lap a few cars. Felt good because they were all saying "Grandpa can't drive" and then I beat all them youngsters by a big margin who were talking smack. I even Luched one for Jr. for cutting me off and got away with it, HA, HA! . Great time, but I was sore as hell for about a week after. B)

:D Thanks Everyone!

Can't wait to get back and try my luck. The dirt will be a little tricky as a test for me, but I'm willing to try. Thanks for all the words of encuragement, emails, most importantly the track management and K.O. Graphics for hooking me up with the DVD's. I'll be retired before you know it and back in Corpus Christi. :D

:ph34r: Dennis in the Desert (Cyprus) :ph34r

Yeah, but how do you think he learned how to drive without his close racing friends lol. Dennis don't worry, I think by the time you come back, you'll have two options to race at, hopefully. I mean that in the best ways, it would just be nice to have both tracks be successful, no disrespect to the dirt track, I think they're doing a great job over there, enjoyed the three times I've made it out there.

B) Top Shelf,

I've driven out there with some of the best seasoned drivers (i.e. Robert Ponce and Mike Riley) during the mechanics races. If your building a car for that class, you better hold on to your P's and Q's cause they're faster inside the car than they look like from the stands or from the pits in my case. B)

:P Love to see you out there regardless of the type of car you run. I know your other obligations too, so by all means keep up with them first and for most. They grow up really really fast. :P

:lol: Now 17 months and counting till I retire. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

NO NO NO NO, I wouldn't dare start in that class. If it would be a local class it would probably be Bomber/Pure Stock or maybe the Four Cylinders. I see a problem with the four cylinders (no disrespect to any of those guys) but those things go as fast as your wallet can pay for. Very few guys can go fast with those things relatively inexpensive. Yes, she is my primary obligation and she does grow so fast. Can you believe she'll be four in December? Well you saw her at the Reunion, wish I could have gone but had to work. In a perfect world, I'll get in a dwarf, just like those things but have my considerations with that too (travel and constantly switching from dirt to asphalt setups). Although if I was rich enough, would love to have a late model and modified just sit in the yard and piss off the neighbors every once-in-awhile by starting them up at all hours, but some of our neighbors wouldn't be bothered by that as there have been several race cars in our neighborhood throughout the years. We'll see what happens and how this job thing goes, my career choice doesn't leave alot of spare time on my hands except for the summer months.

Archived