Tatum Raceway to reopen Friday Aug 18th

rebelracewriter

Tatum Raceway is opening its gates Thursday night August 10 for its first playday under new ownership and new management. The track will be open for practice from 5:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.

Tuesday, August 15 will be another playday with the same hours.

Friday, August 18 will be Tatum Raceway's first race.

Classes will be;

Modifieds(non-sanctioned)

Limited Mods (non-Sanctioned)

Southern Stocks

Factory Stocks

The new management welcomes everyone to come visit TATUM RACEWAY!!!!!

For more info call Michael Burge at 903 431-2776 or Glenn Daniels at 903 746-0514

actually speedracer24 heres the just on that song.

I've Been Everywhere

The song "I've Been Everywhere" was written by Geoff Mack and made popular by the singer Lucky Starr in 1959.

It listed Australian towns. It was later adapted for North American (primarily United States) place names and by John Hore (later known as John Grenell) with New Zealand place names (1966).

The song was a number 1 hit in Country Music in November 1962 in the United States for the recording artist Hank Snow. The song was also recorded by : Lynn Anderson (USA 1968); Asleep At The Wheel (USA 1973); Johnny Cash (USA 1996); the Countdown Singers; Chip Dockery; Ted Egan; the "Farrelly Brothers" from the television series The Aunty Jack Show (Australia 1974 (parody)); John Grenell (NZ 1966); Rolf Harris (UK 1963); Clifton Jansky; Willie Nelson; and the Statler Brothers.

If the name were something like Seguin Speedway we might B) be able to figure out the location without explanation. But Tatum (?)- for all we know it might be named after the promoters wife, daughter, dog, boat, motorcycle, or whatever.

In situations like this, telling the public the basics would help a lot.

If the name were something like Seguin Speedway we might  be able to figure out the location without explanation. But Tatum (?)- for all we know it might be named after the promoters wife, daughter, dog, boat, motorcycle, or whatever.

In situations like this, telling the public the basics would help a lot.

Tatum Speedway is named for the town of Tatum, the closest town to the track.....................................

That is my point. If you live near Tatum you don't have to ask. But when the post is Internet-wide .........

Not trying to start anything, but think about that statement' then revert back to this one:

If the name were something like Seguin Speedway we might  be able to figure out the location without explanation.

How many people outside of our area would know where Seguin Speedway is?

That is why we have sites like this:

Chasinracin

If I don't know where it is, I call them, ask someone, or reference this site or Chasinracin.

And Tatum is on there.

Archived