Trash Can Battle

debwill

Ben Magnum shared this picture with me from the July 29 race at San Antonio Speedway. Fortunately, he also shared the story with me. He said someone had thrown away some lifters . . . and several drivers were battling for them in the trash can. I see Mona Turner, Jamie Evans and Erik Knudtson, I think. I don't know who's leaning over the trash can . . . . maybe someone else can identify the other person in the picture.

post-2-1154994350_thumb.jpg

I can identify them all. Of course Jody may be able to identify Tator's butt better than me. The one we were looking for the lifters for was the guy that drives the 07 truck, sorry, forgot his name. That was him there instead of Eric.

The story goes like this: I had found an old lifter on the ground that had fallen out of Tator's pick-up. Tator told me to just throw it away, so I did. Later, the guy that drives the 07 truck came looking to borrow a lifter. We went digging for it in the trash can for him to use.

Moral to this story: someone's trash is someone else's treasure.

Maybe someone should start a thread about the things drivers and crews have done to make a race...I cut and welded a driveshaft that was too long to make a race...vibrated like hell ! Also welded a broke tie rod back together to make a race.... :) ...I'm sure there are a few good stories out there.

i spent 32 hours non stop trying eveything i could to make the last race of the year .500 to win race .the problem .headers were glowing .changed out three heads four carbs distributors .plugs .fuel pumps and every darn thing you could think of .had six other poeple look at it.who knew what they were talking about .and no one could figure it out so i ran the blasted motor .and it lasted long enough to finish. well the rest of the story .was not the motor .the { GLOW WAS BURNT UP HEADERS>} pipe burnt to thin . go figgure . :lol:

Archived