hmp sat tonight

nascar99

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CSR, I would have to agree with if the track announcer was saying that the 00 was the fastest car. The lap times on mylaps.com tell a different story. Sounds like they have the Danica Patrick syndrome (by the way I am a Danica fan so I am not knocking her, well... I would if I could, but not the type of knocking I was talking about before. OH NEVER MIND!).

whats up with the accusations CSR?

I don’t know if I would call them accusations, I’m stating what I saw. I admit I could be wrong, that’s why I was looking for other people who were at the track Saturday to give their opinions.

These are the incidents that I saw, I would like other people to verify or negate my statements, either way is fine by me.

Modifieds:

The number 7 car causing four separate incidents that brought out the yellow flag and he never received the black flag.

1. I don’t remember the number of the first car that was sent to the back of the field for spinning the number 7, but what I saw was the 7 practically stop in the middle of turns 1-2 and the guy in second place doing everything he could to slow his car down. I’ve seen plenty of people drive through the guy in front of them, this was not one of those times. JMO

2. The 3X car, came through the field fairly cleanly and then as soon as he made it to 2nd place decides to dump the leader, just doesn’t make sense to me.

3. The 28 car got under the 7 in turns 3-4, the 7 car chopped down and cut the right front of the 28 car giving him a flat.

4. Last the 04, which from what I understand was the points leader gets under the 7 coming out of turn 2 and gets wrecked by the 7. Still no black flag for the 7, the 04 hits the 7 and give him a flat, then the 04 gets the black flag. I disagree with what the 04 did and I would have black-flagged him too, but I definitely understand why he did it.

Pro Late Models:

1. Start of the race, green flag waves then the caution lights start flashing, half the field slows the other half keeps racing. I understand things happen, but the race should have been restarted, announce HMP had a problem with the lights, I believe everyone would understand, Sh*t happens, but the track just let them keep racing.

2. Then the 02 passed the 00, crossed the start/finish then a yellow came out for the 000 spinning. In my opinion the 02 was the recorded leader for the previous lap and should have been race leader for the restart.

3. As for the incident with the 11 and 000, someone stated that there was a deal made between them, but apparently the driver in the 11 didn’t know about it or didn’t care.

4. The 02 may have been holding the 11 and 000 up, but he was racing for position and I never saw the 000 attempt to pass him. Last time I checked passing was part of racing, not I run a fast lap time so you should move out of my way, because if I try to pass you on the outside I might loose my position. If your faster then the car in front of you, PASS HIM, if you can’t then you finish behind him.

5. Last in the closing laps the announcer stated that the 00 was the fastest car on the track, yet the 11 car caught her and passed her. So, how was she the fastest car on the track?

I understand you can’t make everyone happy, I don’t think HMP should even try, just be fair and consistent. They have a very difficult and thankless job operating a racetrack, but what I saw Saturday in my opinion was blatant favoritism towards certain driver/teams.

JMO

CSR- No one that I know, especially the 000 team wants people to move out of his way. If you have ever raced at HMP it takes the right time and the right place to pass, which basically means you have to set them up and get a run through and off the corner(backing up a little). The 000 spotter asked the 11 car spotter for a little room to try a pass since the 11 car had his nose underneath him and banging the 000 even under cautions. They were close enough together to freight train him anyway. The 000 could have easily used the nose of his car like other drivers do in this class, not mentioning names, to make a pass, but he was trying to do it the right way without tearing his car up and others in the process. That is called respect for other drivers on the track! I understand the fastest car does not always win, so don't come back with that. This is a totally separate issue.

Only thing yall agreed on was the comment about the announcer, and I'm not disagreeing because I didn't hear him... but he may have been just saying that for excitement. I highly doubt the announcer is watching the computer, and for 1 lap, 1 lap, the 00 may have been faster and the then 11 crushed that lap time...

Only thing yall agreed on was the comment about the announcer, and I'm not disagreeing because I didn't hear him... but he may have been just saying that for excitement. I highly doubt the announcer is watching the computer, and for 1 lap, 1 lap, the 00 may have been faster and the then 11 crushed that lap time...

That and the flashing yellow lights, but forget about the pro late model race, do you honestly think that the #7 car didn't deserve the black flag? And that he didn't wreck the 04 car?

I don't know about the yellow lights, asked around and no one saw anything... Doesnt mean it didn't happen?

Do I think the 7 took a cheap shot on the 04?I didn't really see what happened clearly enough to give you an answer...

With answers like that, you have a great career ahead of you as an official or politican. lol :D:D:D

All I know is when I posted in this forum on July 31 it had been view by 300 people, now it's over 1450. Hope we are entertaining everyone!!!!

:blink::P:D;)

There is no favortisim on part of the scoring, I do not know either driver, team or crew. The computer is set, when the caution comes out, it gives me a line up, from the last completed green flag lap. I do not pick which lap it goes to..The computer pops up a little screen that tells me, line up, and who is out of position. And the last completed green flag lap, does include lap down cars, it includes all cars on the race track.

I don't know about the yellow lights, asked around and no one saw anything... Doesnt mean it didn't happen?

Do I think the 7 took a cheap shot on the 04?I didn't really see what happened clearly enough to give you an answer...

With answers like that, you have a great career ahead of you as an official or politican. lol :D:D:D

All I know is when I posted in this forum on July 31 it had been view by 300 people, now it's over 1450. Hope we are entertaining everyone!!!!

:blink::P:D;)

I'm running for office!!!

But yeah, I'm with you on the entertainment factor!

Bandit, I've never stepped foot on a race track during an actual race.... I'd probably get run-over....

CommonSense,

As the score keeper for the last race, after your questions I have reviewed the race results and lapchart. Here is an explanation of your concerns..

On lap 65 Car 00 was leading the race

Car 02 passed 00 during this lap

Car 02 lead lap 66, HOWEVER the yellow flag was thrown toward the end of lap 66 and although the lead car had crossed the start/finish line, four other cars had not. They were car numbers 16, 5, 67 and 6. In order for a lap to be complete ALL cars must cross the start/finish line.

I hope this addresses your concerns, if not please feel free to come and see me in the tower August 19, prior to the race and I will show you the lap chart.

Thank you,

Amanda Neer

Fair enough, the reasoning behind my thought process was:

Car 02 lead lap 66, HOWEVER the yellow flag was thrown toward the end of lap 66 and although the lead car had crossed the start/finish line, four other cars had not. They were car numbers 16, 5, 67 and 6. In order for a lap to be complete ALL cars must cross the start/finish line.

Car 02 lead lap 66, the yellow flag was thrown toward the end of lap 66 and the lead car had crossed the start/finish line, so when he came back to the finish line for the yellow it was lap 67. I understand your point, my question is why does HMP count laps under caution, but doesn’t really count them? Most tracks if the caution come out they reset the lap counter to the previous lap, HMP doesn’t it lets the laps count down.

I’m not trying to argue it’s just something I’ve never seen before.

Thanks for your explanation. :D:D:D

At all tracks i have worked for have the same rule. We go back to the last completed green flag lap. Yes yellows count, but they do not fall into place when it comes to lining up cars. Laps count but positions are held to the last completed green flag lap. This is true at Houston, Kyle and I believe San Antonio. I have never seen it any different.

Archived