hmp sat tonight

nascar99

watch out for the 000 car in the pro late model as dj and i know him well as his dad, he has an awsome car and can drive the crap out of it after tonight give credit where credit is due 16 years old and dad as a set up man , put your money on him see ya there + good luck stephen if any one from outside houston comes see if you can beat his fast times just look at the houston web site to see them

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the kid is fast no doubt about that, as well as the 11 car. i thought eddie wallace put on a heck of a show staying outside the 11 car for 5 or 6 laps with no contact. all in all it was a good race despite the problems we had, the car is getting faster.

big john

I’m not a big fan of bashing and from a business point of view I understand how hard it is to run a racetrack. So, I apologize upfront to the people at HMP that I’m going to offend. HMP is a beautiful facility, but WTF is going on out there. Someone told me I should call the Bakers and let them know my opinion of what I saw take place at the track, but I would like to post it here because maybe I’m just clueless!! :blink:

If there was ever a case to make for the all involved rule, Saturday was it!!! Dan Pasterini, not only did he not try to save the car from spinning the first two incidents, he brake checked in the middle of the turn. Sending two cars to the rear of the field for rough driving. Then when the 28 go next to him cleanly, he chopped down and cut the 28’s right front tire. Finally when the 04 went to pass him again cleanly he wrecked him. I don’t agree with the 04 taking matters into his own hand, but how many cars does the Paterini have to wreck to get the black flag.

Then there was the pro late model race, HMP could not have tried any harder to have the 00 car win. The start of the race, they waved the green flag, a lap into it they caution lights came on and then a few second later the green lights were back on half the field slowed up the other half kept racing and HMP just let it go. Then the 02 passed the 00 cleanly out of two, led past the line, then there was a caution for the 000 spinning going into turn 1. HMP waved the yellow, at which time the 02 was leading. In my book, when there is a yellow you go back to the last completed lap, not two laps. As for the 000 spinning, the 11 car helped him after the 11 cleanly got position on the 000 in turn3 and the 000 chopped down blatantly nearly wreaking them both.

Nick if this needs to be edited,I understand

JMO

Common Sense Racing - The truth to the wreck was 000 spotter asked the 11 spotter if he could just back up a little they both could pass the 02 that holding them up. They were both clearly faster. The 11 spotter (his dad)agreed and then when 000 slowed to get a run through the corner the 11 jumped inside. The 000 got back to the inside of the 11 and the 11 pulled down on him. I have watched the 000 drive many times and never once seen him drive out of control or intentionaly take another racer out. There was a lot of agreesive driving but it was not from the 000. Just ask the other drivers that acutally raced. The begining of the race was very aggravating but honest mistakes are going to happen. I want to thank Graham and Randy for their efforts. They have a thankless job. I hope they continue to keep moving forward despite any set backs or criticsim. We are not always going to agree with them, but I truly feel they are trying very hard to do the right thing.

as far as going back two laps that did not happen, we only went back to the last completed lap, if it looked like 2 laps that is because if one car does not cross the start finish line that makes the lap incomplete....it can be the last car on the track but the fact of the matter is, if not ALL cars cross it is not a completed lap...Sorry...

Common Sense Racing - The truth to the wreck was 000 spotter asked the 11 spotter if he could just back up a little they both could pass the 02 that holding them up. They were both clearly faster. The 11 spotter (his dad)agreed and then when 000 slowed to get a run through the corner the 11 jumped inside. The 000 got back to the inside of the 11 and the 11 pulled down on him. I have watched the 000 drive many times and never once seen him drive out of control or intentionaly take another racer out. There was a lot of agreesive driving but it was not from the 000. Just ask the other drivers that acutally raced. The begining of the race was very aggravating but honest mistakes are going to happen. I want to thank Graham and Randy for their efforts. They have a thankless job. I hope they continue to keep moving forward despite any set backs or criticsim. We are not always going to agree with them, but I truly feel they are trying very hard to do the right thing.

Your right, they were faster, but apparently not fast enough to pass him. You’re also right that the 11 came down on him after he came down on the 11 in turns 3-4. As far as any agreements that were made, apparently the 11’s spotter neglected to tell the driver about the agreement. I never said the 000 was out of control, in turns 3-4 the 11 had the position and the 000 came down into him, THAT’S ALL I SAID.

Mistakes happen, I understand that, when the caution lights come on there should be a yellow thrown, not let just go back to green. You’re also right about the Baker’s and Randy having a thankless job, I not trying to take anything away from them, but I have to disagree with you about the racing, in my opinion it’s getting worse not better. It’s too political and there is way too much favoritism at that track if your not famous or a Bumbera!!

JMO

as far as going back two laps that did not happen, we only went back to the last completed lap, if it looked like 2 laps that is because if one car does not cross the start finish line that makes the lap incomplete....it can be the last car on the track but the fact of the matter is, if not ALL cars cross it is not a completed lap...Sorry...

Correct me if I’m wrong but if the leader crosses the finish line and there is a caution, the race is over. HMP was counting laps under caution, the 02 passed the 00 coming out of turn 2. The 02 crossed the start/finish line, which means he was the recorded leader of that lap. When he came back to the start/finish line the yellow was out. So let’s say 00 lead lap 65, the 02 passed the 00 and lead lap 66, then the yellow came out for lap 67. How is it that the 02 didn’t have the lead?

The "last completed lap" rule is interpreted different ways by different racing organizations. Some use CSR's interpretation (if the lead car crosses, it's a completed lap). Some say that it's a complete lap if at least half the field crosses the line before the caution comes out. Some say that the whole field has to cross before it's a completed lap.

Different strokes for different folks. I guess as long as they use the same procedure every time there should be no problem.

Nick Holt

Some say that the whole field has to cross before it's a completed lap.

That would be tough if you have a slow car on the track that is a few lap down wouldnt it? Or maybe its all the lead lap cars? I by no means am familiar with the rule but if the rules are explained that way going in, ya can't really complain.

Last completed green flag lap, has always been that way at HMP. It is my understanding that is all cars on the lead lap cross the line, it is considered a lap.

Freeze the field on a short track? I don't think so, that is not cost effective as you suddenly, now have to install loops on the track. It's never been a problem before, I don't understand what the commotion is... Lets go back to the days of manual scoring and see how some people like it....

All tracks go by the last completed lap. It is the only way to get the line-up in timely manner.

I understand that, what I’m confused about is the 02 passed the 00 coming out of turn 2. They crossed the start/finish line, so the 02 would be recorded as the race leader for that lap. Then the caution came out on the next lap, if you go back to the previous lap the 02 should have been the leader, that’s just my opinion.

I also don’t understand the announcer telling the crowd in the last laps of the pro late model race that the 00 was the fastest car on the track when the driver in the 11 car was clearly running the 00 down.

Good, bad or indifferent, wherever you stand, people make mistakes we all understand that. What I saw Saturday other than the caution lights flashing weren’t mistakes, it was clearly favoritism and special treatment.

JMO

Archived