Trucks for sale

poorboy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had fun in the trucks for 5-6 years...doing TSRS...and dabbiling in USRA SLM'S..

Not to many people I didnt like in the truck's.

Got to thinking about it, the real question should be....why are none of em selling????

because there are some REALLY GOOD ONE'S FOR SALE.....66-26-30-32(former 50)..all have won, probably 20 or more win's between the 4 of em. two of em are championship truck's??????????

looked it up 32 wins between the 4 truck's 16-66 champion

10-30 champion-overall champion

4-26 (1 with Bradley driving)

2-32(50)

/

As Gunnar said, bunch of great people... Terry D and the group do a great job... For us, we have been focusing on Sportsman car here at SAS and work.... Primarily work has kept us busy to a point where personal life has been at a minimal... As Tommy33 mentioned in another post, my family has also taken front seat and at some point things suffer...(Hobbies)

To anyone looking for a series to run in, I'd look hard at USRA Trucks... Good guys to run with, some great family's out there and all in all lots of fun driving one of the trucks... If times were different and not so many irons in the fire, we would be keeping our truck... We are giving looking at Sponsorship chasing one last chance, if it comes through truck will be Red and Yellow(hint)...

Mark

I know iam going to get a lot of heat for this, but here it goes, for drivers looking for or thinking about a truck. what if they allowed you to move the motor back to get some rear weight more like a race car has 49 50 rear weight instead of 44 43percent. also mandate sway bar, schocks, all 4 springs the only thing you are allowed to ajust is cross weight and stagger. how do you mandate schocks that can be re-valved simple, schock tester if your schock is supposed to be a 9/7 on the right front it test different you are dq. And please do not get on here and bash this idea, because that is all that it is an idea. I get that this is not nascar it is local short track racing that even the winners do not make money at, that being said, I do believe that it would tighten up the field, driver comes more in to play. and for guys thinking about moving from a lower series to a series like the trucks they would know that there springs , schocks, sway bar would be the same. giving them more of a head start in a higher class, again just an idea, feedback welcome. Matthew

No termite I dont know him, I just sponsor his latemodel, his son brandon was my best man at my wedding, and I also built a truck for his younger son kevin. So I quess you dont know.

Ease up a little on him Matt. He doesn't develop the knowledge of who's who by spending hours on this site each week like most of us do. He works his butt off every day in the heat and doesn't have the luxury of a computer at a desk. I'm sure he was just taking up for a guy who has helped me learn a lot over the years, not knowing the relationship between you two.

Matt, how would you determine which shocks and stuff to use, then you got to get it balanced as to not use up tires, then you have to take into consideration driving styles. I think it could work just need to be able to get some sorta of testing on packages and determine which is the best and finally what about different tracks would you want to use same combo or a different one? as a note the new engine combo is a real step foward. only a few of us left on the 305's and i am willing to help them get up to speed with the crates just have to ask? See ya on sat.

I noticed a difference in the way West Coast Pro Trucks builds their trucks. There is an extra bar behind the rear end that looks like it gives some extra adjustments... They also run catch cans on everything...

Do they use a 3-link rear with a panhard bar?

as a note the new engine combo is a real step foward. only a few of us left on the 305's and i am willing to help them get up to speed with the crates just have to ask? See ya on sat.

I agree with the new 305 engine rules, I really noticed a lot of difference when we made our change. After our wreck at SAS we had to change all the suspension pieces and built a brand new rear-end and it was like driving a different truck. I know that if an experienced drive hopped in my truck right now, they could threaten to win. Unfortunately for me I'm still on the rookie end of the learning curve.

We have had a lot of help getting to where we are right now, and I haven't forgotten who has helped us. Rusty is in that list. That's a great thing about the trucks is people are so willing to help you out.

I noticed a difference in the way West Coast Pro Trucks builds their trucks. There is an extra bar behind the rear end that looks like it gives some extra adjustments... They also run catch cans on everything...

Do they use a 3-link rear with a panhard bar?

Go here and it's the 17th picture under production line. WCPT Website

Sorry I couldn't get it to give me the link for right page...

No termite I dont know him, I just sponsor his latemodel, his son brandon was my best man at my wedding, and I also built a truck for his younger son kevin. So I quess you dont know.

Sorry dude,I like to chew on my foot from time to time. :D

There's nothing that needs to be changed on the trucks. The engines are back far enough, Springs are cheap, shocks are cheap, and swaybars are cheap from the junkyard. Why changes the rules for a few people that can't figure out or ask for the right setup. The new small engine rules should put those trucks ahead of the crate motors. Run street stock if you want to run stock suspension. It's not all about driving, it's about figuring out the best engine combination, and the best setup. I came from dirt when I started, and it took us a year to be competitive. But after we figured out what to do, we were just as fast as the guys that had been running them for years.

PS - Mark, quit with the idle threats that your ever going to race that truck. You've had that truck almost as long as I had mine, and I can count on my fingers how many times you've actually raced it.

- Jon Garrett

Look i do not want to piss anybody off but, ill say this, first jim albert put a 350 crate motor in more torque showed up with it a san antonio, set the pole with the 350 crate not the 305 Jim albert "qoute was it has power where i need it vs the 305 end qoute"next terry macoul spelling incorrect runs a 21,40 with what else a crate motor. hmmm. and to the people that say if the 66 ot 10 was there they would be up front, well you cant say that because you are not there, so ill quess well never know. show me first make me change my mind if not shut up. kevin bendele is not a bad driver was a street stock champion set poles in the late models at sas--- so let me make a prediction i assure u next year he will have a crate motor, them we will see how the finishing order lines up. next craig roper nice guy runs consistint 21.20.s on treads throw in the torque same motor on slicks, go back in time and tell me was ther ever a time him or steve green ran a 20.90 something ever ,the answer is no. so to me the proof is in the pudding, until i am convinced otherwise i really do not care what anyone has to say show me some proof then we will talk and i will back down. and as for the 31 jon I agree he is a nice guy, but he sure does not run his truck. Ps Allen alexander will be driving the Number 2 truck Saturday, we all know he can win the frame has been straighted at alamo paint and body, he is good so lets see how he does.

Archived