Trucks for sale

poorboy

I know I am getting old and my memory is fading along with some other things, but I think I remember the three races that we did run last year. The first, in SAS, the 66 was passed by a crate engine going into turn one on the first lap but the 66 passed the crate coming off of turn 4 on the first lap and was pulling away for the win when the timing chain broke (Cloyes double roller hex adjust by the way). At the second race we attended in Kyle the 66 and the 30 ran away from the crates until they got tangled up and had to go the back. At the third race that we attented at Kyle the 66 passed 2 crates down the back straight on the first lap. Of course then we got upside down and I sh_t my pants.

The crate engines were the same then as they are now if they are legal. So if you 305 guys have your engines and setups correct and make the cam and compression upgrades that are now allowed you should and would have about 25 to 30 more hp than the crate engines and more torque. The good 305's ran with them and beat them a little over a year ago running under the old rules. What has changed.

Work on your trucks guys. You can't do it on the keyboard.

Mike Garrett

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What has changed r u kiddin the torque hooks up off the corner with the 350 crate making it stick better everyone should know that, treads make it a level playing field come race that 66 truck with slicks see how you do, you might make it into the top five, you will not win. I will even pay for you guys to come down in august all expenses paid buy your tires, fuel pit passe etc. come on and show us how it is done. If anyone can do it you guys can get it done.

I will need a pull truck, trailer, compression upgrade, and cam upgrade. If you pull that off, we might be there. Come on Matt, Colt ran better times in the Ford with the Hoosiers. It's not the slicks. They are not that much better anyway. It's not the 305's either. If you can chassis dyno 260 to 265 you can run with the crates with a good setup and driver. If you still run in the middle of the pack with that then you will still run in the middle or worse with a crate engine in the same truck and with the same driver. Work on your truck. It will make a difference.

Come on, Mike. Everyone knows if you aren't fast enough, it's always the motor and never the driver. I've seen too many guys come out and run their first two or three races, get dusted, and say the only reason they're not winning is they don't have enough motor.

Learn to drive? Hell, I'm the best driver that ever was; I'm a natural. What do you mean, learn to drive?

Set up? What's that?

I just need more motor.

I never said what Roper dynoed. No one has told me. If after making the upgrades to your 305 you are not around 350 hp then you had a pile of crap to start with. If you want a 305 with 350 hp after the upgrades are made, then buy my truck and you will have one. I will give you the setup to go with it. However, the best answer for you so that you don't have to go to all this trouble is just buy a crate engine, set it in your truck, and you should run up front immediately. That is the cheaper way out and a lot less work. Matt, I am trying to help you. I am not trying to be a smart as_. Just work on your equipment and you will see a change.

Mr.Garrett Are you comparing colt to the rest that boy is dam good he also set that time in the cold wheather not in the heat of the summer. lets see what the pole times will be in the octoberfest. I am not trying to be a smart a$$ either crates will be in ther next year. i have a sheet here, when arron aka abrungt was helping us we had the 3rd fastest race lap in the race and they where all 3 where running 21.40 21.407 21.409 timed by the arts transponder, we know the frame was bent after my nephew justin wrecked it it was down 1 inch and a quarter on the spring pocket on the left front, just found it hope the frame shop made it better. now that time really does not mean anything, just that the field was tighter the best it has ever gotton this year was a 21.70 in practice. and we have thrown everythig at it to try to loosen it up it just will not turn, It is very frustrating. hopefully with allens and big johns help along with the framr being straightned it will be better.

Colt is a good driver. However, there have been other good drivers in this series. Colt did not win every race he was in. Several of us won a few of those too. I thought you said it was all about the powerful crate engine. Now the driver is in the mix. What gives?????

What gives, I give up trying to explain. so ill leave at this when we put crates motors in you will see an improvment, until then we will try. so what your are saying is that the 350 crates that ran 21,20 last year with treads on same truck and drivers running 20.90 with slicks really what gives.I predict some 20.80s on october and if colt was in it and had a 350 crate you might see some low 20.70s. Note there has note been a 305 yet to post in the 20.90 this year even with the upgrades. and one of those was the 30 truck which gives everyone stiff comp.

USRA23Truck, why in the world would you think that was directed toward you? It was a general statement that nearly every racing driver thinks he's being "out motored," even the rank novices who just don't understand how little they actually know about driving.

Haven't you talked to people with no more than two or three races under their belts who are simply being outdriven but who, because they think they are the best driver ever even though they have no real experience, complain that their competition is "cheating" and that "if I just had more horsepower, I'd win"?

As long as they let us run the 305 we'll run it. I agree with Garrett that the 305 can be as good if not better than the 350. I've had 350's that got off the corners better than me (usually while lapping me ;) ) but they couldn't pull me down the straightaway. I agree with TQ that my biggest problem is the driver, although when we replaced all our rear suspension peices 'cause they were all bent the truck was like new. It never turned at THR and on the 15th that baby would turn.

Mike, some of that is true, but i have seen a couple of 305 guys change to crates and have been .4 faster and one of them set fast time at sas this year. you have a very fast 305, but not everyone has had the amount of experience, knowledge and $$$ that you guys have had to put into r$d to get to where you are now and the tires suck they are very sensitive to everything. As far as drivers go I wouldnt want to race with any other guys out there, So Matt bring it on brother i will race sise by side with you any day.

As far as drivers go I wouldnt want to race with any other guys out there, So Matt bring it on brother i will race sise by side with you any day.

that pretty sums up my view too, I like all of the truck guys too. It really is a bunch of guys having fun.

i know thats right rusty, we have been there before, inches away from one another, I just have not been there in a while, all the truck guys pretty much try to show each other respect see yall saturday. o i am puttin 100.00 to the fastestqualifier, another hundred to the fastest 305 qualifier. good luck R Mirth , good luck C. Moore

You guys (Jon, Mike and Andy) are always throwing sh&^ my way which is fine... You don't like what I say thats your business...

I made a decision last year that if I couldn't find sponsorship then I wasn't going to run.

Now, Matt since you have money to throw around or anyone else for that matter. Buy my truck and I'll move on to the other things I have going on... Notice I have the go cart and a few other things for sale also...

I bought the truck after Pancho bought his and had every intention of running it... Now my focus is my family and for fun my street car...

Anyone else care to send me a PM bashing me feel(sp) free...

Oh Matt, double AA is an awesome driver he put a great move on Eric three weeks ago. Also Justin is an awesome driver and I wouldn't take a thing away from either one. Oh lets not forget Kevin Bendele either.

Archived