Texas drivers at P'cola Five Flags

Snowball

In Mader's defense, he has won all over the country including the Snowball Derby. I like Casey, Dave, and Augie! I'm sure in time all of this will blow over, and these 3 will have plenty of great races between them. It was a great race Friday night with an unfortunate ending.

you right TQ,never know,I may even be related to Mader.I remember growing up there,my Papa told me dont ever start a fight,BUT,if somebody calls you a Sum#%&*%,you better come home with a blackeye,because they calling your MAMA a bad name.

Good news for Budman, TQ, Tommy33 and all...

Casey Smith is scheduled to appear in The Motorsports Zone this Saturday morning at 10 a.m. Central....

Just got off the phone with the Kathy Smith...she confirmed Casey WILL be in-studio this Saturday...

Casey said he'll be happy to answer ANY AND ALL questions fans want to ask him about what happened at Pensacola/Five Flags...in fact, he encourages people to call in because he'll be happy to explain some circumstances that were NOT in the media...and let's face it, we ALL know that unless you're right there you may not know all the facts about a specific incident....

And no, i'm not saying - nor is anyone saying - that the media reports are wrong, slanted or otherwise...

just take the time to call Casey and ask him about anything to do with last weekend...

The station number to call in is 512.390.5483...

If you have any questions about the show, you can call me on my cell...512.417.9414

Can this be picked up over the internet? I'd love to listen to it!

Snowball...

Yes it can. You can get it at www.am1300thezone.com - the streaming has been working just fine the past few weeks, too..

Also..we have the Chat Room - live and interactive - at txracing.com, if you'd like to participate that way...but don't hesitate to call in and ask questions...

Looks like ole "never has been" has fast time. Seriously, in time I hope Casey will come to realize that sort of off-track activity and childish public statements about his fellow competitors are counter-productive to what he wants to accomplish.

got to realize a lot of this stuff happens in the heat of the moment, Casey was pissed and just probably wanted to give him a piece of his mind, but he got shoved from the back by one of Mader's crew and then it was on, and bet all this crap was said after the that occurred. Someone would have been arrested if I was in the pits. :P Has there been more times that Casey has been out spoken or is this the only time? Think this happened right in front of Young's and Bendele's crews, but couldn't see what was going on, but it got separated fast. At tech, 2 home town guys went at it also, think that one was a lot worse and were arrested, maybe they are related, "all in the family".

Remember at I-70 a few years back, Dave Mader set a track record at the World Cup. I was like that's so cool and happy for him, because he was from the South, vs the North. They found something illegal in the fuel, then that ticked me off. Makes me wonder how many drivers from the past that won all the time and were considered great, got away with a lot more crap, not saying he cheated for his great accomplishments, but I know there had to have been several others that just knew how it was done and I cheered for them, it's just a little harder to get away with things now, way to go tech guys....

Marc,thats some old school stuff too.I know guys that were using it in the late 80's and early 90's cause I sold it.I paid $45 a gallon for it from Klotz.Just had to increase jet sizes with it..Also had other forms of liquid oxygen.

yep.before nitropropane,in the south,some were using mothballs.They had some potent chemicals in them and a bag in the tank would give some gas a kick in the butt back in the day.The gentleman that introduced me to that process used to whip on everybody in 2 lane blacktop racing back home on the country roads.

Hard to say Marc.It's really not good for long duration motors because of the heat build up.Good for drag racing.It's tricky stuff to figure out and the rule of thumb is on the jetting to go "1 jet per 1 percent of NP". So figure if you are running 70 jets and add 10%,you need to go to 80's all around or you'll lean it and blow it.NP is a "pro detonate",when it's lean it explodes instead of detonating.Alot of racers from the younger generation come to me and tell me they just purchased some of this n2o in a can and are going to try it and when I tell them what they need to do and what will happen if they dont,I get the deer in the headlites look,but one of their friends will tell them to just pour it in and guess what,KABOOM.If tech guys at a circle track pull bowls off carbs and look at jet sizes and notice alot of cars have similar sizes within a few numbers and then you have a few cars with jet #'s way off the charts,I'd probably suspect something. JMO

I really felt bad for Casey Friday night at FFs. To me it just looked like one of those racing things. If not for the late caution, Casey would have run away with it. The caution allowed Grill and Mader to get new tires. The incident looked to me like the way Snowball described it. Then of course we sit next to each other at FFs. Casey's Dad was spotting from right behind our seats, and he became visibly upset by the incident. We were both rooting for Casey at the time.

Archived