Where's the horse?

GB77

ANDY66, THANKS FOR THE PM I TRIED TO REPLY, BUT ITS NOT FOWARDING. SO I WILL TONE IT DOWN TO A SHORT VERSION TO WHAT YOU SAID. IF A GRAND IS NOT A LOT OF MONEY SEND IT BACK SO I CAN GIVE IT OUT TO SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT SEND A MESSAGE SAYING A GRAND IS NOT A LOT OF MONEY. FEELS LIKE SOMEONE JUST SPIT IN MY FACE FOR THAT REMARK. THE ANSWER TO YOUR NUMBER 2 STATEMENT IS I NOT ONLY SUPPORT TERRY I SUPPORT RACING. TO CLEAR THIS UP LET ME GIVE YOU EXAMPLES. NUMBER 1 I CANT BEGAIN TO TELL YOU ALL WHOM I HAVE HELPED SPONSOR SO I WILL GO WITH THE SHORT LIST, ROBERT BARKER ,DONNYHORELKA , JUSTIN OATES, JASON OATES, LARRY BENDELE, KEVIN BENDELE ,JOHN GARRETT, SAS EVEN WHEN MIKE WAS STILL INVOLVED, DOUBLE 00 BUKOWSKI, I LENT ROBERT WALTON MY TRUCK ONE RACE. SCOTT JERKINS, CHUCK LICATA-THUNDERHILL AND MANY MORE. SO I WILL CLOSE WITH THIS STATEMENT DIRECTED TOWARDS YOU ANDY FROM YOUR PM TO ME,

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GB77

"Brink of exitinction" doesn't necesarily mean that the car count was off.

Suppose a series owner made it perfectly clear to many in the industry that he could not carry the financail load any longer. And suppose someone came along and paid that owner good money to purchase the series?

There is usually more to any racing story than what you hear from disgruntled folks.

Nick Holt

CARRIED OVER FROM EARLY POST--- IM NOT THE BEST RACE CAR DRIVER, NEVER CLAIMED TO BE , I AM NOT THE BEST CHASSIS MAN, NEVER CLAIMED THAT EITHER, BUT WHAT I CAN TELL YOU FOR CERTAIN, IS I LOVE RACING AND EVERYTHING ABOUT, I REALLY DO TRY TO HELP ANYONE THAT I CAN. NOW BY YOUR REMARKS ON YOUR PM. IF YOU OR YOUR BROTHER EVER GET BACK TO RACING PLEASE MARK ME OFF YOUR LIST OF PEOPLE TO HELP SPONSOR YOU. I DID HAVE 2 CHOICE WORDS FOR YOU BUT, I AM NOT GOING TO CUSS AT YOU OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT, SO SIR. YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY, Matthew Gunar Howell

ANDY66, THANKS FOR THE PM I TRIED TO REPLY, BUT ITS NOT FOWARDING. SO I WILL TONE IT DOWN TO A SHORT VERSION TO WHAT YOU SAID. IF A GRAND IS NOT A LOT OF MONEY SEND IT BACK SO I CAN GIVE IT OUT TO SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT SEND A MESSAGE SAYING A GRAND IS NOT A LOT OF MONEY. FEELS LIKE SOMEONE JUST SPIT IN MY FACE FOR THAT REMARK. THE ANSWER TO YOUR NUMBER 2 STATEMENT IS I NOT ONLY SUPPORT TERRY I SUPPORT RACING. TO CLEAR THIS UP LET ME GIVE YOU EXAMPLES. NUMBER 1 I CANT BEGAIN TO TELL YOU ALL WHOM I HAVE HELPED SPONSOR  SO I WILL GO WITH THE SHORT LIST, ROBERT BARKER ,DONNYHORELKA , JUSTIN OATES, JASON OATES, LARRY BENDELE, KEVIN BENDELE ,JOHN GARRETT, SAS EVEN WHEN MIKE WAS STILL INVOLVED, DOUBLE 00 BUKOWSKI, I LENT ROBERT WALTON MY TRUCK ONE RACE. SCOTT JERKINS, CHUCK LICATA-THUNDERHILL AND MANY MORE. SO I WILL CLOSE WITH THIS STATEMENT DIRECTED TOWARDS YOU ANDY FROM YOUR PM TO ME,

i can never figure why a driver will take money from someone and not run but twice . that is one reason it is hard to get sponsors .and if what i say makes someone mad then you and only you know you are guilty of that sin . i had sponsors turn me down becuz of getting burned buy other poeple . . you know we have raced and cost us money we didnot have just to atliest get that sponsor some of what he paid for and if we didnt give him everything we said we would give .we carried him over to the next year free . and we would atliest tell them why we could not make the races .so i give usra 23truck . a thumbs up to you .

ps im not after you money :lol:

oldtimer I'm with you. I could only run part time the last few years so I spent my money. The 2 sponsors that did give me money I carried over for another year without asking for more money....but if they offered my wife told me not to say no :D

Ahhhhhhhhhhh the good old days of Speedzone are back.. All in 1 post.. Guess the calm before the storm is over…

So what happens if Touring series dies? Will those racers go back to local series? We have seen a few do that.. But not many…

Well the Touring shows was what drew the large number of fans to the tracks… So what happens to the local tracks attendence now....

Sounds like it puts more pressure on the local track to keep it out of the red..

Not a good situation…. And Nobody wins…

Next thought.. what happens if a track dies to touring series...

Is the fact that USRA is only racing at THR and SAS this year contributing to the low counts?

How many of our drivers last year were from Houston... and CC...

The company I used to work for based out of Houston had a Late Model car, not sure if it ran at the Houston track or some higher touring series... Anyone ever seen a Freightliner of Houston Late model running out there at HMP? I got to sit in that car one time, and man it was a sweet looking ride....

oldtimer I'm with you. I could only run part time the last few years so I spent my money. The 2 sponsors that did give me money I carried over for another year without asking for more money....but if they offered my wife told me not to say no :D

we are running out of pocket .national bank we have a new sponsor who helps with what he can and we didnot go looking for him he looked and found jessie.an old friend he helped years ago .so far we have spent 600 dollars just to show up and get rained out at thr .that was one reason we could not make it to sas .and we will spend about 150 just to get there next week . why do we do it .insane i quess . and i know alot of you guys out there spend alot more than we do . and if it wasnt for lalo loneing us this block we probly would not race at all this year .600 dallors just to replace pistons and that s just four of them . .we kinda wanted to take a year off .so we didnt push for sponsor s .so we go as we go .id bet there are alot of rusty spoons like us out there . no silver spoon for me .

Guest bigfat

Regardless of what any promoter, owner, general manager or official does, there will always be someone crying. There will never be a time when every single driver will be happy. EVER. The first words out of their mouth will be I'm taking my car to that other track. They say that because they know that it's all about car count. The guy they're telling knows it's all about car count. I'll cry about the claim rule, so and so will cry about a call, so and so will cry about a rule change, so and so will cry about the tires and Keith will cry that he ran out of bisquits and gravy. Sooner or later we will run out of tears.

I'll try to address a couple of issues that have appeared since I made my last post.

We really don't care to discuss the disciplinary issue on a public forum, but it looks like we need to make yet another explanation. The driver who made a hand gesture at the end of the race was given a choice of disciplinary measures - either lose his points for the night or miss the next race. The driver chose to miss the following race.

Also, we didn't specifically single out trucks as being on the verge of extiniction. As Nick stated above, more than car counts are a factor in the direction of a series or track.

On a side note, Terry does know how to use the internet and he uses it frequently in his dealings with his equipment business. However, he doesn't know how to type very well, so that's why he's asking me to post his comments. They are coming directly from him.

Terry is in favor of race discussions, etc., on TSZ, as long as the rules are followed, e.g., no bashing, personal attacks, obscene words, etc. Discussions such as the one above actually help our numbers. We met with a representative from SA Express-News yesterday who handles the mysa.com website. He was really impressed with the numbers on our website hits.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Maaannnnn, Crazyhorse----all I asked was where you were in the trucks on Saturday! Guess they don't call ya crazyhorse in the streets! Didn't know you caused this much camotion,huh? Wow you must be the guy to get things startyed up on! :D:D:D

Looks like all the old gang is going to be running Street Stock again.

Shawn Paul,Mickey M,Stan Easty,Charles B,where is Terrible Tim.

Anyways - will be looking forward to some good racing at THR streets with that old group all going back there! C'mon lets see how many more of the good ole boys can we get back there! IT BE A HELLUVA SHOW!!!!!!

Intemidation might be the word I'm looking for when I mentioned one of you guys, huh? Man, everyone gets rubbed wrong - sorry guys! JEEEZ! I just love the racing - and i mean the real racing....not politically correct racin! Crowds go in for the racin and all that goes with it - not the so-called politically correct drunk dudes telling someone else what to do and say! Ya know what i mean? :ph34r: Ya go to a race track - ya know what youre gonna prbably see and hear....Man, you guys oughta hear what theeir saying up oin them thare stands!..! OMG! I get blushed up there! :o:o:o:o

See ya'll at the track! GodSpeed!

There is usually more to any racing story than what you hear from disgruntled folks.

Nick Holt

i hope we are not the disgruntleds that you are referring to , we are not upset. just moving on.

if i haven't thank them enough........thanks to ARTS & USRA and terry dickerson for what they aloud us to accomplish last year.

...........and just because it was brought up again , any issues (i) have are not with the 40 truck.roper has been a good friend and it's gonna come down to a 2 truck shootout and i hope he mops the floor with an unsaid certain somebody.

we were given a choice by usra of a week suspension or a 50 point lose at the end of the season. the decision from myself and my grand father was for the better of our equipment and that of the unsaid somebody to take a break , because my emotions were out of control after the third wreck(not accidents) with this individual in an 11 race stint. because there was gonna be a 4th but there would never be a 5th.

once again thanks for being interested enough to ask about us....................we will be at THR , HMP on the 19th of august , and hopefully if i can convince the old man South Txas Speedway on th 11th of nov.

-good luck to monkey boy this weekend.........in the #85

Earlier it was stated that the some of the touring series was near distinction. I do not know the inner workings of all the series and the particulars of the financials, however, being a fan and also a racer I cant see how the modified series was near the distinction level. When there was constantly a mid 20+ plus field and now you might get a little more than 14. Some might say that are now two different series. And I agree there are. But when you push away racers for any reason you might lose them forever and then who really suffers? The fans, the series, or the track. Everyone. The track looses the money at the gate, the series looses another competitor and then the fans loose another car on the track. I dont care who you are its a lot more enjoyable to watch more cars on the track cause theres more action. I challenge every racer in this area to go to Five Flags speedway at least once for one of the special races. You will see a lot of action and the fans will be in the stands. I have gone there several times and have raced once there. All I can say is I cant wait to go back. Why is this, because I was treated with a lot of respect and personally thanked by every official.

All I have to say is that if you dont respect the racers then they will not respect you and choose not to race. We all do what we do for the love of the sport. Some promote, some race, and then some officiate. I can tell you that some of my dads business is down due to the fact that THR has a limited schedule. All I can say that if my series doesnt pick up to the levels that it used to be I might as well start drag racing where I could complain about the car count plus you could go anywhere and race if you get mad.

On a side note Im sorry that the horse is out of the truck series. A few months ago he was trying to sell the street stock so you know what he really wanted to be doing.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

So ok, when do the streets run again? Is everyone going to THR this weekend?

What is August 19 in Houston that the Horse was talking about?

Keep us posted.

:ph34r:

GB, we run again this weekend (Sat.)

The Aug 19 deal is a THR Street Stock race that Mary Ann has been trying to put together in connection with a TSRS race there. We're all hoping it works out. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Well this thread has taken several turns AND not all of them left first off I’d like to say that many people read Texas speed zone and it kills me to SEE THE bashing going on in some of the threads oh by the way my name is Doug O’Neal I own Hill Country Wireless & Satellites Inc. which is a major sponsor of San Antonio Speedway. The incident that occurred with crazy horse was a shame the penalty was laid down and we all have to deal with it. On the night this occurred there were 7 people from DirecTV in the stands that night who were there to determine next years contracts with the race track and/or series Sponsorship. They had flown in from as far as California and it was upsetting to me as a sponsor this occurred on that night or any night.

So point 1.Is you NEVER know who is watching the RACE so as our mothers said always be good.

Point 2. Terry Dickerson and the staff at San Antonio speedway and USRA do work hard and there has been a lot of improvements to the track and series. I know for a fact the truck series was going belly up if he did not purchase the series.

As a race fan I don’t always agree with everything but you just move on.

Shawn I am disappointed that this incident will keep you from coming back to SAS in the future, I enjoyed watching you run and I liked your style of driving (your there to win not finish to second).

So I hope to see everyone at the races

P.S. Those who are looking for sponsors should ask this question to themselves

“WHAT CAN I DO FOR MY SPONSOR, NOT WHAT MY SPONSOR CAN DO FOR ME”

So point 1.Is you NEVER know who is watching the RACE so as our mothers said always be good.

Point 2. Terry Dickerson and the staff at San Antonio speedway and USRA do work hard and there has been a lot of improvements to the track and series. I know for a fact the truck series was going belly up if he did not purchase the series.

As a race fan I don’t always agree with everything but you just move on.

Shawn I am disappointed that this incident will keep you from coming back to SAS in the future, I enjoyed watching you run and I liked your style of driving (your there to win not finish to second).

So I hope to see everyone at the races

P.S. Those who are looking for sponsors should ask this question to themselves

“WHAT CAN I DO FOR MY SPONSOR, NOT WHAT MY SPONSOR CAN DO FOR ME”

:huh::huh::huh:

by george - i beleive you just bashed a driver. if you read the thread - i beleive the horse apologized and stated facts that it was not the penalty that he chooses not to race the truck at this point. Re-read the thread sir.....there's alot of people that read that also. Don't believ the horse ever bashed SAS or TD. :blink:

talkin about #@$%^$%^$& (blocked out by self!!!!) :ph34r:

Archived