Where's the horse?

GB77

:huh:

So I finally get to town for a truck race.....very few trucks...and no sign of the horse? Been following the stats - is he sick? not like him to lead the pack and then not show up for all the fun!

OK race - just not as sxciting as last year cimpetitors.....

Was the 30 truck there? seems alot of em are droppin out - where they racing?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bigfat

I think he was on a one race vacation for an incident that occured @ San Antonio Speedway. I'll let him fill you in on what that was if he so desires. Purely speculation on my part.

we are running streets. looking real forward to racing for mary ann and brian callaway to support my local track and just have fun.

looking real forward to houston on the 19th of august............and just taking the advice of a wiseman from s.a.s.............thanX

i'm not the sportsman that i hoped to be in certain sittuations , i'll try harder......in a different relm.

it was close to a grenade mickey. reeders red flag might have saved me from bringing one out.

thanX for asking.

ps- the 30 has gone fishing............literally

I was told by Terry Dickerson if I didn't like the way he was runinnig things to get a car and run at THR and that is what we will be doing , might take the crate engine out of the truck and install it in the SS .                                                                                                                                                                           Junior Medlock

What a way to treat drivers who are supporting your series....

10 trucks? Man, I remeber my first ARTS race was on a rainy rainy day at HMP and they still had 15 trucks!

:angry::angry::angry::angry:

Y do they always mess with the things that aren't broke? The trucks seem to have brought most of the crowds - and best racing I saw in years. Looks like the traveling series are all falling apart. Seems one might get the message and fix em! The promoters got to be behind their drivers - not the driver s trying to kiss the promoters butt....gonna sure miss some of the great racing from them trucks....c'mon Terry D - listen to your crowds :angry::angry::angry:

Good luck all you guys - seems I may just be going back to THR to see em race. Never really liked that track - but I hear Mary Ann has mad some changes towards the good. (has she thought of startin a truck series?) :unsure::unsure:

Good luck to "the old gang!) Looking forward to watching some good racing at THR then! :D

As the trucks roll away...... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I remember when i first started hanging out at THR... Watched the 5 and 15 charge to the front many a races...

Glad to have you back... by the way... already had multiple requests for a Photo button of that 5 car... :) seems the fans came back with you... :D

Aaron

Terry has seen the remarks in this thread.

He is concerned about some of the comments that have been made, and he has asked me to clarify several of the issues that have been posted.

First of all, Terry does value each driver and welcomes all drivers to race at SAS and with USRA. Although we all try to meet the needs of our drivers and address your concerns, we can't make all of you happy all of the time. Each of you has a choice of where you want to race, and Terry realizes that some of you have chosen not to race with USRA or at SAS. Again, it's your choice.

Some of the racing series classes were on the brink of extinction when they were purchased by Terry. So far, he has met his commitments to the drivers and paid the appropriate purses. He is still trying to keep the rule changes to a minimum. The Roper engine that was pulled and analyzed was done at Terry's request, and he paid all of the expenses for testing and transport. He is committed to a fair playing field for our drivers.

The incident with Crazyhorse was unfortunate. Many fans saw the gesture and complained to the staff and officials verbally that night, which was especially touchy since we continue to promote SAS as a family sport. And then we got several e-mails the next couple of days. To top it all off, we had a picture that was taken that night. We didn't feel we could ignore the incident, and we felt we had to be consistent with discipline taken in the past for similar incidents.

In summary, Terry understands the frustration many of you feel when things don't go your way. But it's our job to be fair to both the fans and drivers, and we'll continue trying to do it the best way we can.

As we've said before, please contact us if you questions or concerns. In that way, we can see the story from both sides and hopefully come up with a mutual agreement.

:o

Sorry - my bad.

I did not mean all of the traveling series - and I did not intend to bash any person or series. I was just stating an opinion that I feel .....and have heard from many in the stands. The truck series was a popular series.

Some of the racing series classes were on the brink of extinction when they were purchased by Terry. So far, he has met his commitments to the drivers and paid the appropriate purses. He is still trying to keep the rule changes to a minimum.

i beg to differ on this one. ARTS had a great count at the time and adding em as they went into USRA. Look at the stats from history......you had quite a few "National Champions" out of the truck series - now there is NO chance at all to get a national champ. THAT there was all dropped! .....splanations? :blink:

ALTHOUGH I DISAGREE AGAINST THE CALL THEY MADE AGAINST SHAWN PAUL. HIS REASONS ARE PROBABLY BECAUSE HE IS SPENDING MORE THAN HE MAKES AND DOES NOT REALLY CARE WHAT YOU OR ANYONE ELSE THANKS. I NO THATS NOT THE WAY IT SHOULD BE, BUT IT IS THE WAY IT IS. SAD VERY SAD THATS ITS ALL COME DOWN TO THIS. O AND ANDY I PRESUME YOU HAVE NO ROOM TO TALK I GAVE YOUR BROTHER $1000.00 IN THE 2005 SEASON TO RACE , IF YOUR BROTHER IS JOHN GARRETT. JUST TOOK MY MONEY MADE 2 RACES. HOW DO YOU THINK I FEEL. BUT YOU DONT SEE ME CALLING HIM NAMES LIKE T-DICK.

Guest bigfat

If the manangement and owner of SAS didn't care what anyone else thought, we'd still have the AIR.

GB,

Deb said some of the series, she didn't single it out to be the Trucks.

debwill,

It would be neat to see a comparison of the difference in car count before and after purchase being as they were on the brink of extinction. I know at least two of the series have gone way down and are really looking to be extinct. Penalize a driver with points rather than lowering an already dwindling car count by setting out a night. We used to enjoy going to watch the traveling series on our off nights or rainouts, but that was when there was car count.

It did seem like the car and truck counts are down in all the usra series.... The last superlatemodel race at SAS looked anemic... As for trucks and mods those looked low as well but seem like they havent went down anymore then they already were.... It would be nice to have all 3 of these series putting up good car counts, but maybe its just other factors cuasing the low #'s and nothing with management or maybe it is management, point is no one really knows cause of it all yet... I am strickly a FAN of these series and hope it all works out for the best... I think all 3 are some of the funnest races to watch and hope counts rise instead of fall... As a fans perspective on Terry I think he is doing a good job, and it seems like as SAS is concerned he is doing all he can to make the Local Racing seen stick around for a long time to come, and for me who is trying to break into the Grand Stock class I hope he remains to do a good job at keeping local racing alive.... Of course this is just my oponion as a Fan of the USRA series....

i believe that owen used to at cc penalize you 50 to 100 bucks for anything that was considerd not in the standard. or a week to two weeks at home .and i think the money went in to the points fund. atliest you had a choice. its hard enough to get the cars there with all the money it takes on both ends .

Archived