Feedback for SAS/USRA

abrungot

I have one issue with some of the press release's such as today that SAS/USRA has put out...

To me it seems like they are bragging about how much advertising they are doing...

Let the advertising speak for its self... Stuff like this:

"The United States Racing Association (USRA) and San Antonio Speedway had just launched an extensive advertising campaign earlier this week that included ads on a prime television station (WOAI-TV) and a couple of the country music stations (Y100 and KKYX). In addition, over 5,000 flyers were distributed all over San Antonio, and kids’ free discount coupons were offered at all of the Express Lube locations. Media coverage was also scheduled for this evening by KABB-TV."

Keep it simple:

" USRA and SAS will reset their current advertising plan for the rescheduled event to be announced on (such a date)"

I feel giving all those details make one look like they have to proove something to someone....

Do they?

Atleast they are telling us what they are doing. It may be overkill but now we know they are putting forth a good effort at getting people in the stands. I say good job and thank you to USRA and staff. Living here in Round Rock I never heard any of the ads, but it is good to know they are advertising.

NO, WHAT THEY ARE TRYING TO TELL YOU IS THAT THEY REALLY HATE TO CANCEL THE RACES. THERE LETTING YOU KNOW THEY SPENT SOME COIN ON ADVERTISING THIS RACE AND DID NOT TAKE THE DECISION LIGHTLY TO CANCEL THE RACES, BECAUSE OF THERE LOSS IN ADVERTISING DOLLAR GOOD GRIEF. " O HERES A QUICK . DAM LOST MORE MONEY ON ADVERTISING TO HELP RACING AND TO GET NOTICED---NOW LET IT RAIN BABY.

Thats their "FORTE"..... To tell how much money they put into it........ I guess all the teams that came to practice yesterday did it without spending a dollar.....

IT WAS CANCELLED DUE TO THE WEATHER, EVERYONE LOOSES MONEY NOT JUST THE TRACK......

Aaron,

We're not out to prove anything. We've heard tons of negative comments over the past years about the absence of advertising. So, we're letting everyone that we are advertising and where.

It's not bragging, but rather that we're trying to show why the decision was difficult on our part - especially with the cost of such an advertising campaign. Bottom line, we pay for advertising up front whether or not we race. If you do the math, we took a 100% loss rate on our ad campaign. If we reschedule the advertising for the makeup race, we get to pay the entire cost again.

Call it what you want, but it was a tough decision on our part. Maybe we should have included all of the hours that were dedicated to putting this race together, just to have it all go down the tubes.

art,

We know it also hurts our race teams financially . . . and that factor alone makes it even tougher to make the decision. But if race teams incur travel expenses for a trip to SAS and then turn around and head back home, it also affects their pocketbooks. It's a no win situation no matter how you call it.

Important Thought:

If put your head in the mouth of an Alligator... who had his eyes taped shut...

1 drop of sweat from your head would cause that beast to snap his jaw shut..

Your head between the teeth...

Don't ever let them see you sweat. Just hold your head up no matter what.

Two key words in the situation.. Empathy, and Resolve.

Feel for the situation.. we all know it effects many people... and not in a good way...

Resolve.... Make it right... which i am sure TD will...

If your advertising was effective it is not a 100% loss.. You have created brand awareness for San Antonio speedway.... This brand awareness should direct people to the SAS website.. so you could post

make up dates... and those customers could reset their expectations..

This "Rain Delay" Only gives you more time.. which we all need to make the Show/Car/Truck/Experience Better.... Use the rain delay to your advantage...

With your head down.. and pride busted.. you will be looking at the fallen...

With your head high.. you will see the sunrise.. and the next opportunity on the horizon...

Man.. what did my wife put in my OJ this morning!!!!!!! :P:P:blink::blink::)

TD ,I KNOW HOW MUCH MONEY YOU HAVE SPENT, FRANKLY I REALLY DO NOT THINK ANYONE CARES, I DO THOUGH. I REMEMBER WHEN FRANK AKA DAD, SPENT 125,000 ON REPAVING THE TRACK BACK IN 1996. PUT ON ALL THOSE CONCRETE WALLS UPGRADED THE GRANDSTANDS, PUT IN THAT PRESS BOX RE-PAINTED IT MADE THE REST ROOMS A LITTLE BETTER HE SPENT AROUND 750,000 TO DO THAT AND I JUST CANT HELP TO THINK HE COULD HAVE DID SOMETHING ELSE WITH HIS MONEY, BUT LIKE YOU HE LOVED RACING. NUMBER 1 HE DID IT BECAUSE HE HAD THE MONEY TO, NUMBER 2 HE LOVED IT. MY MOTHER GOD REST HER SOUL CLEANED THE RESTROOMS BACK THEN, SHE DID NOT HAVE TO DO THAT BUT IT WAS A PET PEEVE OF HERS. I GUESS WHAT I AM SAYING ,I KNOW YOU HAVE SPENT CLOSE TO 500,000. AND YOU DONT EVEN OWN THE PLACE. HATS OFF TO YOU AND YOUR FAIMLY. I SAY STOP GO BUY YOURSELF A NICE RANCH IN TOWN. THAT PLACE IS A MONEY PIT, AND ALL YOU ARE EVER GOING TO GET IS GRIEF FROM SOMEONE ALL THE TIME, BOY ITS A GOOD THING I DONT OWN IT I HAVE A NICE D-8 BULLDOZER I WOULD TAKE TO IT RIGHT NOW, AND LEVEL IT OUT, THEN I WOULD HAND THE KEYS TO MRS RAY AND SAY SEEEEEEYYYAAAA. LET ME NO I HAVE THAT HIGH DOLLAR RIG SITTING IN MY YARD RIGHT NOW, I I DAM SURE KNOW HOW TO RUN IT.

Wonder if the SE Series schedule was still on, who would have made the decision to reschedule? At least we have several open dates in the near future.

Think TD will spend most of his money on advertising and bringing in more series, if he spends any more to make improvements on the track and this thing don't work, that will be even a greater loss. Thanks TD and staff for trying to keep racing alive at SAS and even though every one will not agree with a lot of the things going on, at least there is a place to race at this time.

YES SIR, AND YOUR A HELL OF A NICE GUY, GLAD TO SPONSOR YOU. ALL I AM SAYING IS HE REALLY IS ARE LAST HOPE FOR SAS NOT SHUTTING DOWN FOR GOOD. AND THATS A FACT. SO WHY BOTHER THROWING ALL THAT MONEY AWAY, GO BUY SOME LAND BUILD ONE LEAVE THAT LEASE ALONE TELL TED CARLSON TO STICK IT AND LET MS. RAY SALE THE LAND. GO BUIL A BETTER ONE. JMO

Why not sell that HIGH DOLLAR RIG and pave the parking lot, then you would be at the track racing instead of on here whining about all the money that is being spent.

$500,000 to one might be $1000 to another. So the $1000's of dollars the racers are spending doesnt count since its not in the $100,000's.

Take all the teams that were at practice last night and add up all the money they have in racing and you might see a higher number then your $500,000......

ALL I AM SAYING IS HE REALLY IS ARE LAST HOPE FOR SAS NOT SHUTTING DOWN FOR GOOD. AND THATS A FACT. SO WHY BOTHER THROWING ALL THAT MONEY AWAY, GO BUY SOME LAND BUILD ONE LEAVE THAT LEASE ALONE TELL TED CARLSON TO STICK IT AND LET MS. RAY SALE THE LAND. GO BUIL A BETTER ONE. JMO

That makes perfect sense!!!

ARTS 22 "WHATEVER" AND I LIKE THAT HIGH DOLLAR RIG ,YOU PAVE THE PARKING LOT. and your right i have spent well over 200,000 in race cars, trucks ,sponsorship, my father used to sponsor beaver, audie howell ,jason oates, ray becka , gary chappell , gene couch, wtf does that have to do with having a place to race at. that was well over 500,000 right who gives a rats ass.

As most threads do..

they start with ONE topic and spawn off at LEAST 3 more...

I'd like to put in 2 cents about the Howells....

Frank--Awesome man...put his heart and soul into SAS, I think he helped take it to a new level...

Mrs. Howell--didn't get to know her as well, but man she was supportive of the track and the local racers!

Matt--Pretty much a chip off the old block. Huge supporter of local racing (including funding some of my efforts in the past--thanks Matt)...He's not a bad driver, either...

Archived