USRA This weekend @SAS

marvinmcgee

With the race being 150 laps... Will that require a fuel stop?

They usually go 125 don't know if that extra 25 laps will be an issue in the fuel cell..

anyone know?

Rick Rapp went 198 laps at SAS with a SLM during an All-Pro race. Led the race until the last two laps...

150 should be within easy reach.

Nick Holt

If a full field does not make it is the purse reduced.

If so will you reduce the grandstand ticket price ??

I've never seen Terry reduce the purse. We've reduced the number of laps due to low car counts in the past, but we've never reduced the purse.

oldtimer.. I think just like nascar... it keeps it interesting..

Right now if someone looses a lap.. they in a sense give up.. on the win..

Imagine the racing if you knew you could have a flat tire.. go a lap down, and get a shot at getting back on the lead lap.. either by inside row.. or lucky dog...

Little harder on the officials.. but Better show..

To me the luck dog deal isn't a bad idea, but I'm not a fan of lap cars starting on the bottom. I'm pretty sure last 25 laps cautions won't count. Fuel should't be an issue but tires will.

Will we by chance see 2 wide restarts with laped cars to the inside.. or maybe a "Lucky Dog" ??

Maybe in the future we can look into this but for know we'll keep doing what we've been doing. Around 25 cars hopefully some great action. See yall there.

Personally, I hated it when NASCAR introduced the "Lucky Dog" - and I still do. I certainly hope it doesn't come to short-track racing. I want to see those guys work to get back on the lead lap - not hang around waiting for a yellow so they can be waved by.

I think the "Lucky Dog Pass" is a good idea, I think Pass South uses it. If a car goes a lap down, he will not get his lap back unless he has the fastest car on the track. I know it's racing, but let's say a car goes a lap down who was running in the top ten. He lost it because he went in because a tire was going down. Under green he will definitely go a lap or two down, especially at THR. Some times they lose a lap when they are in the pits during a caution, because the pace car is racing, I've seen it a lot. It's not like if these guys get paid a lot and they do not have a NASCAR pit crew to get them out quickly. Or even when the leader laps a car of a group of 3 or 4 racing together, the yellow comes out and the others get saved and get a free pass all the way around, while the lapped car lines up behind the leader, this guy will never have a chance to improve his spot, unless if cars drop out. Maybe a once per race, but not 2 "Lucky Dog's". How many times have you seen a car unlap itself, maybe 1 or 2 guys, the only one I could think of is Brandon at SAS, very few elsewhere, maybe Houston. The lapped cars lining up on the inside is a good thought also, they do it at all the other series that I've seen out of Texas, except the last 10 laps. That's why you hear stories of a guy coming from 2 laps down and having a top 5 or 10 finish. The inside will not work at THR. I don't think any guys are hanging around, not racing and depending on a yellow. The only time is when they are getting a flat or some thing, hoping for a yellow, so they will not lose a lap. JMO

Archived