Fuel Injection

OK,heres the deal.CC Speedway is still wanting to find paridy between makes and is looking at several things.One thing is using restrictor plates to even out the horsepower to weight thing rather than spec carburators.Its inexpensive and adjustable as competetion dictates the need.This means being able to use any carb on any car as long as the restrictor is used by weight class.The problem is the injected cars.Some say theres no way to put a restrictor without harming the FI system.Others say it doesnt matter because the restriction will not be tremendous,only what it takes to be equal to the carb cars in the same weight class.Some smaller throttle bodies will not be affected at all because of their size.It is important right now for anybody with knowlege of fuel injection to figgure this out,have an alternative or maybe end up in the highest weight class or be eliminated from competetion.Please any knowlegeable people post any useful information on this subject.CC wants everyone to race competetively and no one left out.Now is the time for positive imput to build car count.Time is short,the rules posted will be final soon if compromise cannot be found.We need the injected cars.This has never been done before that I remember.

I think there should be a front wheel drive class, a rear wheel drive class, a front wheel drive fuel injected class, a rear wheel drive fuel injected class, a rear engine class and a rear engine fuel injected class. Also a class for old timer, he is in a league of his own. LOL

I think there should be a front wheel drive class, a rear wheel drive class, a front wheel drive fuel injected class, a rear wheel drive fuel injected class, a rear engine class and a rear engine fuel injected class. Also a class for old timer, he is in a league of his own. LOL

Hey i rezemble that remark :lol: that was good .yes i cant help it im .one and only one i hope like me .lord help us if theres another one of me.s

i say run what you brung and if you want to spend 15,000 or 20,000 on car for few hundred to win then must be nice to throw money away like that and i bet the guys that only spend 500 to 2000 wil have more fun and less stress jmo

How about you run anything you want. We already have no motor rules anyway. Any carb on any motor, and FI. Just change the tire rule from 7" to 6.5" or even 6". Maybe insted of adding wieght or restrictors just limit the tire width. Say a 2300# car would have a 7" tire, a 2100# car a 6.5" tire and a 1900# car a 6" tire.

Here is another one. How about a "no lope rule". That means your motor has to idle smooth at the rpm that your car is suposed to idle at from the factory. That would keep things cheap. And then use that tire weight rule, either way it is easy to tech. Weight and tire width and rpm.

How about this one. Every night after the feature every car is put on a portable dyno and tested for peak H.P. Then adjust each cars weight so that every car has the same power to weight ratio. This process will have to be repeted every weekend to keep things fair. Then when that is all said and done with put restrictors and more weight on the two fastest cars to make it fair for every body else lol.

OK,those who want 2100#s need to explain how thats fair for cars with small engines in the 1500 to 1800cc range and how thats going to improve car count.I believe thats why the beetle owners walked out of the meeting.Also what about the 42 car?The CRX has a 1600cc engine.Eliminating a segment of cars can improve car count?As far as a lb per cc,thats the general formula used the most but that means using a P&G meter which requires pulling the cam or a teradown to measure bore and stroke.The tire deal sounds like the most fair size by weight not sure about the formula.Im in favor of anything that gets lots of cars,car count means money.I was looking at the 03 rules and they say one carburator,the 32/36 Holley/Webber,pump gas, no minimum weight,and a 800$ and swap claim rule.At this point it looks like CC Speedway will decide for themselves what is best suted for their needs since we cannot offer anything useful to them.So whatever they decide,dont anybody gripe.Its time to race now.You have 2 options to race at and no other city in Texas has that that I know of.Most minis around the state race for small purses except for Gator where they run 1 time a month.We really are very lucky.

.There is a reason why tps has a weight and left side weight rule .alot of thier motors are high powerd .some are stroked some have large heads cams some cars are tube frames some are stock .some are all full after market race cars some fiberglass bodies most motors are 1500 to2338 .a wide assortment .and for the most part on any given track most of them can win . as for as the thunder cars which the most of you guys have enough car to run with or out run most of the tps cars on any given night .heck even the vw bug 53 .is on his way to winning you dont believe me check out where he has finished this year .very fast for a bug. even got a chevy in there they have atleast 22 cars show up at race night .so whats the problem .no one wants anything done that might slow thier car down .i dont but in all farness .it has to be done to even it out and .atfirst the rules maynot help you out .but as always they can be adjusted .now the thunders have been ;) perty close on what they are running now and gb you have ran along enough and me to know that . The bottem is get started and figgure out what you need as you go cuz they are already close now . except on the dirt now i dont think a rwd has won on the dirt this year but they will im sure .am i am not knocking tke dirt at all just a fact .as of now .good day .

I'm going to start trouble here but oh well. The track should wash their hands of this class. Allow the 4 cylinder guys to make their own rules, get their own tech man, even collect their own purse. Then they could go to each track and work out a schedule. This class is way to hard for a track to deal with. Sorry for pissing anyone off.

BUT on alot of nights they have more cars than the rest of the classes.not trying to make anyone mad .some of what you said is true they need to have there own teck man .worked before .even thow we are a pain in the butt .kill the class thats alot of poeple who wont be in the pits and believe it or not we do have quiet a few fans who go out there .

I'm going to start trouble here but oh well. The track should wash their hands of this class. Allow the 4 cylinder guys to make their own rules, get their own tech man, even collect their own purse. Then they could go to each track and work out a schedule. This class is way to hard for a track to deal with. Sorry for pissing anyone off.

Bruce,

I think Neil Upchurch did that for the 4-cylinder class about 30 years ago and, as you know, the Texas Pro Sedans are still going strong.

Nick Holt

No what needs to happen is everyone needs to stop crying and work on there cars more and maybe they would do better. I have a decent car because i work on my car everyday unlike some people who race just go out tear it up then put it on the trailer till saterday night and race again the same way it was that last weekend. Gb and Will can be beat so stop craying about weight and FI cars and do your math and work on car then you can beat them both like i have.

tim how much money you got in your motor . :D 5. 7 rods .wesco pistons . roller cam high dollar head . just asking why did you spend that much on a eng . cuz you want to go fast .i suppose . or is it becuz just like us we need it to keep up .and yes we do have a good set up on our car .never will be perfect .but a good one . and i am having fun with tears in my eyes . oh and dont forget yours and ours flywheels and clucth es im with you on somethings . lets go burn rubber . :P

This has already happend, my dad "Roger Rotory" used to be vice president of the South Texas Mini Stocks back in the 80's. They made all their own rules but the track still took care of the purse and schedule. And no, you did not piss me off.

'm going to start trouble here but oh well. The track should wash their hands of this class. Allow the 4 cylinder guys to make their own rules, get their own tech man, even collect their own purse. Then they could go to each track and work out a schedule. This class is way to hard for a track to deal with. Sorry for pissing anyone off.

I Agree With Nick Here...Neil did This and still is Doing This...

Besides Thunders @ CC Speedway have a Tech Man...Don Yocum....

And Hes Just Trying to Work out the Kinks the best to suit everbody...

See Yall At the Races

Tom Creacy

Archived