Fuel Injection

Since this post is about FI, lets take a look at the FI vrs. carb thing. Does FI have an advantage over a carb car? If we look at the feature results last year at CCMS the class was dominated by two cars. One car that was proly made in the 80's and had a carb. The other was made in 98 and is FI. The old carb car won 1/2 of the feature events and the FI car won 1/4 of the features. The other 1/4 of the races won by other cars, only one of them was FI. So does an FI car really have any advantage over a carb car? My point is carb cars won almost 3/4 of the races last year so why penalize or restrict an FI car?

We sould all run on 5'5" tires that would be fun! HeHe!

I don't beleive the fuel injected cars have an advantage at this point. I think you will see many more in the future. Tom, yes I know Don is the tech man. I think he has a better chance of solving global warming than making all these guys happy. That is why I mentioned the thunders

policing themselves. And Neils class is ProSedans, these guys don't want to run ProSedans at this point.

tim how much money you got in your motor . :D 5. 7 rods .wesco pistons . roller cam high dollar head . just asking why did you spend that much on a eng . cuz you want to go fast .i suppose . or is it becuz just like us we need it to keep up .and yes we do have a good set up on our car .never will be perfect .but a good one . and i am having fun with tears in my eyes . oh and dont forget yours and ours flywheels and clucth es im with you on somethings . lets go burn rubber . :P

Oldtimer out of my pocket i spent maybe $1000 dollars on my car. The rest was sponsor money that my uncle goes out and gets us. Not tryin to down anyone just try to tell them maybe if you work hard like my whole group does and like Will does you might get somewhere.

I don't beleive the fuel injected cars have an advantage at this point. I think you will see many more in the future. Tom, yes I know Don is the tech man. I think he has a better chance of solving global warming than making all these guys happy. That is why I mentioned the thunders

policing themselves. And Neils class is ProSedans, these guys don't want to run ProSedans at this point.

.Dont know of anyclass that everyone is happy with thier rules not even that great class thats called nascar theirs is done behind the seen s not out in the open like we have in this wonderfull web sight.not one persons ideal s dont count here no matter how far out it is .atleast if you get mad at someone you.ll get over it soon ..and the track owners and the like gets maybe some ideals from here .so thanks for reading my 1 cents worth. cuz its not worth 2 cents

probably around 50-65lbs

Perfict, we could just bolt one of those to the floor board of the feature winning car. Every time a car gets a win you add one cylinder head. That would eventually even things out LOL!

i agree with tim. ive been trying to catch up with the guys in the lead as best i can. last year i spent approximatly 6 grand on my car and best i ever got was a 1st in a heat and a third in feature (only got it cause will and ronald decided to not play nice on the track) by the way thanks for that cause i got my highest paycheck ever cause you two didnt finish.lol there is no way to get everyone equal in such a deverse class. you might get it close but it will never be equal. hell you can take the top cars out there and put differ drivers in them and they probley wont finish in the top. its a combination of the drivers skill and what he knows his car will and will not do. if you dont like spending the money to keep up then get out or move to bomber class. like tim said everyone quit bitching and get racing.... by the way the only rules that need to be changed if a car, no matter the driver, keeps tearing up other cars who work there ass off to keep looking and running good needs to be fined or elimnated from competitoin and yall know which car im reffering to ... #2 DARRELL KENNEMER :angry:

JMO...Increase the weight to 2100#. Its not going to hurt any of the FI's that I have put my hands on. We started building these cars to come out on sat night and have fun. THE KEY WORD IS FUN. So with this in mind and picking probably one of the smallest cars around, it is built with my saftey first (that means one hell of a cage). I also decided not to have anything to do with sponsors because I did not want to have to answer to anybody but myself. Everything is out of my pocket (also paying for college that means the pockets are very shallow). That being said the car cost me about $1500, and yes it runs like a $1500 should. I have had good nights and also bad nights,but still on the good nights the car can be competitive(need to work on the driving skills). I know blah, blah, blah my point is last season the number 42 honda crx top the scales every race at 2250#. So go ahead and raise the weight to 2100#, it will not matter these FI cars are not as light as you may think.

Archived