Unofficial USRA SLM at THR results, 4/29/06

NickHolt

Unofficial Results of the USRA Super Late Model "Texas Speed Zone 125" at Thunder Hill Raceway, 4/29/06

1. (99) Casey Smith, Austin, TX, 125 Laps

2. (41) Chris Davidsion, Pearland, TX, 125

3. (96) Greg Davidison, Pearlans, TX, 125

4. (49) Bradley Riethmeyer, Hutto, TX, 125

5. (19) Kent Baltzell, Spring, TX 125

6. (36) Johnathan Beason, Broken Arrow, OK, 125

7. (03) Matt Merrell, Portland, TX, 123

8. (115) Lloyd Alexander, San Antonio, TX, 122

9. (54) Todd McLemore, Austin, TX, 96

10. (16) Danny Pike, Red Oak, TX, 95

11. (81) Brandon Bendele, San Antonio, TX, 63

12. (9) Gary Buchanan, Helotes, TX, 44

13. (04) Cory Roper, Vernon, TX, 41

14. (27) Jason Young, Houston, TX, 26

15. (35) Greg Davis, Waxahachie, TX, DNS

Felton couldnt make it because he is still getting over his injury after his wreck at MIS. Was told T. Wade and his 2 cars didnt come because they had a funeral to goto and didnt work on the car much during the week. That would be 18 cars since Greg Davis didnt start. John Kelly wasnt here but only makes it up here (THR) once and awhile. Sure it would be nice to see 20 cars start at THR but how long has it been since they had 20? Yes it isnt ROMCO anymore and if Dickerson hadnt come along there wouldnt have been a ROMCO/USRA either. I find it funny that Jason posts more on here than he does on his own anti-Dickerson site, has answers for everything and only serves to stir the pot. Anyhow I was tired of watching this stuff for so long and felt it needed to be said.

Dave

As far as my "anti-Dickerson" site......I'm sorry you feel that way but everyone has their own opinion. It is not an anti Dickerson site. Sorry people expressing their opinions and feelings give you that idea. I have been on both sides of this fence, and I am very happy where I am at. Me posting over here more than over there? I have lost interest in this type of racing. I can give you a long list of why but I stay home now and support my local dirt track. Don't forget who made this place. If I wanted I could make that other site way bigger and better but I do not have the time nor the interest. I guess you could say I have a life now. I keep hearing this "if so and so hadn't come along we wouldn't have this or this"...Are you serious? There are several others who would have stepped up and filled the void. The Dickerson's have been very good to me in the past. I do appreciate it all. I just dont really agree with the way things are going. Bottom line is these series are not better off than they were over a year ago. Sorry you feel the way you do. If you would like, I can provide a few stats for you.

I will not reply again to this subject. Sorry you feel the way you do.

Edited by Jason

I agree, I think that he has his hands in way too many areas right now.

You cannot enter a series such as TAMS, change their name and give them new rules, see that there are not enough cars, and then change the rules back.

My opinion is maybe he should have just purchased SAS and really not gotten invloved in these series. I really use to enjoy watching a 24 car latemodel show or a 15-24 TAMS car show.

It just doesnt seem that there is enough stability with these series. I would be scared to build another TAMS car but to only have them change the rules once again.

The series are definitely not in a better place now.

I agree with Jason.

Edited by blueoval

just a young chump

you mean chimp............

the chimp that pimps the multy colored speedo on the beach you warn your daughters to stay away from.............i'd go with an spf150 white boy.

LMFAO @ Crazyhorse!!!! :lol:

Jason......you can't compare apples to oranges either. Go back and look at the stats from when TIDA folded and Robert Mullins first took it over, not how it was. EVERY series goes through growing pains under new management. Look at the ASA deal with the TESAR backlash. Gas wasn't nearly $3.00/gallon two years ago either.

Besides those that didn't attend that were listed here are a few others. Two teams from Okla. and two from Missouri that no longer make the trip down or might not even race anymore. Doug Hooks, I believe sold his stuff. Colt, Robert Richardson and JC have moved on. Don't know why Tommy, Tuffy or Eddy weren't there. How about the two Corpus guys that had Late Models? Do they even have cars still? There are several others from 2004 that may not even have cars, too.

Your site.......I won't even go into that, even though you can't censor me here like you did with my signature on your "UNBIASED" site! You can't tell me with a straight face that you didn't make your first comment without stirring up crap on your mind.

Enjoy the beach, I personally recommend Port A beach 1 or 1A for the ladies, Mustang Island beach 4 for seclusion if you're taking a lady. Watch out for all the damn jellyfish. There was a boatload of them suckers on Friday washed up.

Let"s run down a little about who was there or not--

Welch (2 cars)--Lost a crewman in a highway accident.

Grimes--Sold old car, new car is not complete, and he is heavy into college classes while working in the shop he and his father own.

Hudson--Broke an engine in Pensacola.

Felton--Hurt in Mobile. Still on the mend.

Wallace--Was intending to run Kyle, but had a practice crash two weeks ago and the car is currently going back together after a rear clip replacement. Lost a little work time, as he had to work two weekends.

David JR.--Ran with USLMA last weekend, probably taking a long hard look at travel cost from Midland.

Umscheid--Waiting for a little money. (His words to me at Kyle)

Kelly--Only runs a partial schedule. In talking to him and John JR, I think he is starting to enjoy building street rods more.

Buescher--Ran ASA in Kentucky.

Stewart--Car is in pieces, and has not decided what direction he will take his racing.

Draw your own conclusions on the car count issue at Kyle.

Edited by txtom

And let's not forget defending USRA SLM champion Heath Stewart who is s taking some time off. New house, kids, a race car that was all but destroyed at the end of last season. When I talked to him earlier this season he said he may make a few races later in the season.

Nick Holt

I keep hearing this "if so and so hadn't come along we wouldn't have this or this"...Are you serious? There are several others who would have stepped up and filled the void.

Would love to see a few of those names....

Nick Holt

Congradulations Casey! I am just glad there was a strong field of SLM last night! Your win at SAS started the topic of who all was not there and who wasn't now the thread is reversed the ones that were in San Antonio and not a THR. It was a great group of racers and a good night of racing at THR!

Brandon and Lloyd had a racing incident.

Brandon got into Lloyd a little bit, and As Lloyd was gathering it back up, Brandon tried to tuck under him.

They made contact, and Brandon' car spun into the wall.

The drivers talked immediately after accident, and it is a done deal.

Congrats to Casey Smith!

Marc was that you on the bike out there? :lol:

2006 2 races 15 at THR, 18 at SAS. Could have had 5-7 more cars.

2005 ??? No stats, unless you look and find at Texas Speed Zone.

___2004__________2003___________2002__

_1 THR_26________ HMP 32_________THR_30

_2 TMS_35________ THR_25_________CCS 27

_3 CCS_22________CCS_22_________THR_30

_4 HMP_29________SAS_26_________SAS_29

_5 TMS_ 24________HMP 28_________THR_22

_6 THR_ 23 _______ TMS_34_________TMS 28

_7 CCS_14________ THR_24_________CCS 22

_8 HMP_26________CCS_18_________SAS_24

_9 SAS_ 19________SAS_ 22_________THR 28

10 CCS_15________CCS_ 15_________CCS 19

11 HMP_15________HMP_24_________HMP 25

12 THR_ 21________THR_ 21________ THR_32

13 SAS_ 19________SAS_ 19________ SAS_23

14 _------__________HMP_28__________------_

AVG*___21____________ 24____________ 26

*Did not average TMS events

2004 ------ 30 or more - 0, 25 or more - 3, 20 or more - 3

------------- 19 or less - 5 times

2003 ------ 30 or more - 1, 25 or more - 4, 20 or more - 5

------------- 19 or less - 3 times

2002 ------ 30 or more - 3, 25 or more - 4, 20 or more - 4

------------- 19 or less - 1 time

2001 avg. 23, 30 or more - 2, 25 or more - 3

------------- 20 or more - 4, 19 or less 4 times

2000 avg. 25, 30 or more - 2, 25 or more - 6

------------- 20 or more - 4, 19 or less - 1 time

From ROMCO's old website(Great site with all stats, hint.)

Enjoy the beach, I personally recommend Port A beach 1 or 1A for the ladies, Mustang Island beach 4 for seclusion if you're taking a lady. Watch out for all the damn jellyfish. There was a boatload of them suckers on Friday washed up.

i still prefer rockport beach park..........the beach is always cleaner than port a........it is a shame that rockport is getting so touristy..........i liked it a lot better before all of the dang businesses came along......really ruined a nice little town...........jmo

LOL no bike here but I wish I had waders or some knee high boots... lol Other than that it was a good night...

If I am reading the table correctly the SLM's car counts have been steadily declining even before Terry bought the series. Plus when you consider that the *June 2000 average for regular unleaded gas in Texas was 1.48 vs. 2.93 on April 24th, it could be easy to see why it is getting harder for the teams that came from further away and or on a strict budget to make it to a race down here as well as the fans.I know that isnt the sole reason for decreasing car count but it is a logical reason as to why they are not showing up. Hopefully we all can get back to working together and we can get the cars back on the track but its going to take time and paticence not criticizing every move. Whats the answer? I dont know. But if I did I would try to do something about it.

Marc

* Department of Energy Spreadsheet found at http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/oog/ftparea/wogir.../pswrgvwstx.xls

Us old-timers, as some of ya'll like to call us, have seen all this before.

In 1980, when we had the second "energy crunch", the cost of gas escalated to a point, that adjusted for inflation, equaled a cost of approximately $3.10 a gallon in today's economy.

It deeply affected the amount of traveling that race teams did. I know the guys I worked with at that time scaled back to local shows.

Now, gas is not the only reason for the lack of cars, and all factors have been well documented on these forums.

Edited by txtom

>>>Don't forget who made this place.<<<

Want a cookie?

>>>If I wanted I could make that other site way bigger and better but I do not have the time nor the interest.<<<

But you had the time and interest to come on here to launch your new website sounds more like a slap in the face and biting the hand the fed you. Sure people have opinions some are well intentioned but at what point do you learn to stop banging your head against a brick wall. It must be nice to have 'opinions/criticize' but dont want to be involved when it comes to new thinking to try finding answers.

>>>Me posting over here more than over there? I have lost interest in this type of racing.<<<

Then why are you making the back handed comment about there only being 14 cars and it not being ROMCO anymore. If you have no interest in whats going on then why waste the time to comment.

>>>I keep hearing this "if so and so hadn't come along we wouldn't have this or this"...Are you serious? There are several others who would have stepped up and filled the void.<<<

Really who? Teague? Mary Ann? The Bakers? Or were you on the verge of getting a loan and running them all yourself.

Have a good night dont get caught playing with the sand crabs.