CONCESSION RUNNING ON EMPTY

Yes STS Personel what is the deal with the concessin always running out of goodies:

PIZZA, WATER,COKE, SAUSAGE, ETC.... THERE HAS NOT BEEN A TIME I HAVE BEEN THERE AND YOU GUYS HAVE NOT RAN OUT OF GRUB AND THE BEER SALES HAVE NOT EVEN BEGAN. WE AS LOYAL FANS AND DRIVERS ARE DOING ALL WE CAN TO GET AS MANY FANS IN THE STANDS TO HELP PROMOTE OUR OUR LOCAL TRACK. AND IT SEEMS LIKE YOU GUYS ARE DROPPING THE BALL ON CONCESSION SALES BY WAY UNDERESTIMATING THE AMOUNT OF HUNGRY AND THIRSTY PEOPLE !! I CAN UNDERSTAND WHEN YOUR GETTING CLOSE TO THE END OF THE SEASON BUT THE SEASON HAS JUST BEGUN SO ........ COMMON GUYS LETS MAKE SOME $$$ WHILE THE MONEY IS THERE TO BE HAD AND TRY TO PUMP UP THE INSTOCK CONDITION IN THE CONCESSION STAND!

YOUR FRIEND the BHC :ph34r:

Whats been the fan count at sts . I believe the concession.is decided by your average fan base and what you exspect to have in the stands .that i am sure is very tough to calculate .so see.ing the track is new agan owen hasnt got really anything to go on .that will take awhile for them to get ahandle on and sence they are probly running on a shoe string .i know don had the same trouble for a short time at cc .as you or i would if we ran the tracks but i am sure owen likes your imput.

I could not agree more with helping the bottom line and yes i completely understand that it is a guessing game I have been in the retail business for 26 yrs and know what is is like to guess but cant sausage be refigerated as well as sodas and water i know for a fact they ran out of coke and water right after the feature anyway im not bashing in all honesty im trying to help the track and make them profitable!!!

P.S. WHERE DO I GET APPLICATION AT AFTER ALL MY MY INFORMATION IS NOT FOR FREE HAHA IM JUST KIDDING. keep up the good work guys and BOOGITY,BOOGITY,BOOGITY LETS GO RACINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!

YOUR FRIEND BHC. :ph34r:

does the track run the electricity all week, or only flip the switches on the weekends..........if they run electricity all week i wouldnt see why they couldnt refrigerate some of the items to keep from having to toss them, but im sure they only use the electricity on race nights........

Glade to see that you have brought to our attention that we are unable to keep up with the concession stand demands. Every week we add to our order, but I guess we still haven't kept up. Pizza is a on delivery basis and we have tried to make sure the pizza is hot. many a night we have gone in the pits after the race and sold the pizza at cost to keep it from going to waste.

We have electricity, but the food permit does not allow us to keep food from one weekend to another (more tha 72 hours). We have address the need to have more windows open to shorten the lines and are working on an area for candy only to keep the young ones from holding up the line trying to make up their minds.

All comments are welcome and you are right this is a new season and we are doing the best we can and learning form comments like yours.

Own does not run the concession stand his partner Gary does. So if you need anything please feel free to talk to him at the races, he tries to stay in the stand area as much as possible to handle things just like this.

I think everyone when appreciates its when our advice is adhered.We all dont have the best advice sometimes(i know i dont) but its good to know yall care.Once again,i see an improvement every week! But PLEASE let me bring my own Coors light LOL,its much cheaper. Good job guys,keep it up! FRED

Im so impressed that no matter what the topic is, there is allways a responce and someone on here to adress the issue, thats whats going to make the track grow, the constant crickets and no responce from track owners and promoters up here in San Antonio area is why the tracks in this area are hurting and going down hill, congrats and kuddos to STS and all involved.

Im so impressed that no matter what the topic is, there is allways a responce and someone on here to adress the issue, thats whats going to make the track grow, the constant crickets and no responce from track owners and promoters up here in San Antonio area is why the tracks in this area are hurting and going down hill, congrats and kuddos to STS and all involved.

maybe you can get all those track heads up there to read what we say .i know everyones got imput good bad or whatever and like me sometimes put my foot in my mouth .well maybe alot .but the bottom line is .we speak here .does.nt build up and blow up out there .great place to get it out .i holed nothing aganst anyone .that my friend is what our armed forces fight for .our freedom.

The new San Antonio Speedway GM, Rick Day, has been very responsive to the concerns of fans, teams and sponsors. His phone number and email address are readily available and he makes it a point to address all concerns. In addition, TD has that cell phone of his working non-stop. All you have to do is give him a call if you have input you want him to have.

What neither of them do, though, is get involved in public forum debates with people who have a point of view they are trying to promote.

Nick Holt

Mr Perry,I want to voice my complaint or suggestion,its hard to do with so many wonderful things going on.This is the best run,most effecient ,best paying dirt track I can remember racing at.The track keeps its integrity week after week and I dont know how except it must be getting worked more than just Sat.It never starts out super heavy and goes dry slick and rutting out.In fact its almost as consistent as asphalt.My comment is about the pit parking.You found it necessary to sell and reserve most of the parking spots so that cheap people like me and guests are forced to cram in one lane where there is no light while many choice spots go unused.The McAllen guys were stuffed against the wall between the driveway and fence and the non paid guys are crammed along the back fence.Im sure you did not antisipate the great numbers of guest racers you are having and that is a good thing but I wish you would eliminate the reserved parking.It should be first come first serve.If the few remaining spots were sold people will have to park outside.That little bit of parking money cant be that important.This is just my opinion,its tough loading in the dark.Thanks,G.B.

I'd like to say thanks for the $20 paid parking so I don't have to get there wayyyy early. Also for giving my family and friends a DIRT track in Corpus to watch awesome racing. I haven't been to a dirt track yet that I didn't need a generator. That's what we use for light on the second row.

IS IT SATURDAY YET!!!!!!!!

We are always ready to hear any comment GOOD or BAD, that is how we learn. If you were there for the first couple of races you can see that the concession has come a long way, but we will continue to improve with your feedback. We know that we have several things to improve on and we have several ideas in the works. We try to keep not only our drivers but also our fans happy. We have discussed having drinks and chips, candy etc sold in the stands by "stand vendor". The extra window and the "Candy Shop" will keep the lines down. The strange thing is we never run out the same thing. One week Dr. Pepper, the next week A&W, who can tell.

Gary works the track every day. He is either watering, maintaining, or packing so that even when you practice you have a "good track". Glade to see that you notice his hard work. We at STS want to make your Saturday night of racing as enjoyable as possible.

Owen is in charge of the parking spaces. We know we may need to add lights and are also talking about moving the fence out to add more spaces. We are glade to see the continued support that the drivers have given us and we know that we need to try to keep the system running smoothly. Owen works really hard to keep the races going, drivers driving fair and still give the fans the "Thrill" they come for. Comments from you allow us know where improvements are needed and for that we THANK YOU!

GB, problems as yours need to be addressed to me as I handle the pit and race track side of the business. As for pit parking maybe we can do exactly what you wish in the future, one comment and the reason I do sell pit parking is so my local racers that support my track every week will always get their preffered spot. For instance Lawrence Mikulencak parks on the front row in his spot each week and knows he can get there at 6:30 and still get his spot, he has supported STS every single weekend the facility has been open, now if he did not own that spot and say Joe Johnson decided to drive in out of Houston for a one time appearance and he gets to the track at 4:00 sharp then goes and parks in the spot Lawrence parks in every week then Lawrence feels like man I support the track every week and I have to park in the back because my truck had a flat I could not get here until 6:30. See what I am saying? Something that may help you out a little is like this week the Super Stocks are not on the schedule to park in a super stocks spot, if you don't know who they are just come ask me when you get there and I will be happy to direct you to a spot for the weekend.

Selling parking for $20 is about supporting your local racers, we could sell them for a 100 and people would buy some of them but the ones that buy the 20 dollar spot appreciate the fact they can park in the same spot each week and it only cost $20.

I hope this helps, sorry for the lighting maybe we can improve on that in the future.

Selling parking for $20 is about supporting your local racers, we could sell them for a 100 and people would buy some of them but the ones that buy the 20 dollar spot appreciate the fact they can park in the same spot each week and it only cost $20

sas used to charge $100 for the paved spots in the middle and $50 for the dirt along the back stretch........and they were all sold spots.........they did away with that paying for parking this year, but i can see what you mean..........that is actually a good reason for having it and $20 is very reasonable........sounds like sts is the track to be at this season, and it will only get better with the cooperation from the management listening to the concerns of the people who pay the bills........good luck on the season, if it keeps up you will have over 100 cars in the pits every weekend.........

i will say one thing about sas though, since rick has taken over there i have seen him respond to questions or comments on here so that is a pleasant change in things.......

ford truck man come on down to Corpus I dont know where you are from im assuming San Antonio well its not taht far JUST DRIVE FASTER you will see what an awesome track this is and see what all the HOOPLA is about this wonderful track and well ran operation is being ran here!!!!! keep up the good work STS.

Your friend,

BHC :ph34r:

Archived