Labonte's Return to Texas Racing

First off good job to all the winners from last night. Steve Whiteaker Jr. did a great job and was very impressive in his 3rd victory of the year.

Great night at South Texas Speedway including Justin Labonte racing on dirt for the first time in his career. He ran the 87x car owned by Lawrence Mikulencak and Randy Young, he finished 7th in the feature and did a great job for his first time in a modified and his first time on dirt. Can't wait until they come back for more. And yes they will be back, my understanding is Justin and Terry had a great time at the races and look forward to doing it again.

Sorry no press releases were put out but we were asked to keep it silent so they could come out and enjoy themselves instead of being mobbed for autographs. Keep watching the results for when he comes back to race with us again.

Thanks

Owen

Yesterday on KSAT12 sports, they showed a piece of the 1/4 midget racing at Comanche Park. They mentioned Terry and Bobby getting their start there. The one they interviewed most was a little 6 year old girl with the last name Jerkins. It was some good coverage, hopefully it caught the eye of new people to racing and we can get more racers developed here in the local area.

It was great seeing the Labontes out enjoying themselves with some Saturday night short track racing. And, I am sure they appreciated everyone giving them some "privacy" so they could enjoy it. Hopefully they will be back soon.

Riley,,,I agree with you it was great having them out there and knowing they were having fun. For the same reason I never made it over the talk to them. I wanted them to enjoy our track and I am sure we will see them in the future.....

I am sure with the name "Labonte" they know how to take the public.... But I hope that STS was able to keep it enough down low that they will want to come race out here again.....

While I was in Ft.Worth at TMS, Philippe Lopez with DLP told me that he and Terry talk a lot about this season coming to SAS and doing some fun stuff! This was all of the record, but when I mentioned if he comes back to SA often, that is when he told me this! :D

• 2 months later...

a friend of mine has an old cc speedway program from 71 or 72 in great shape .im going to get it and copy it on the web here it has bobby and terry pictures in it and a few others yah will remember . he took it up to texas . and got terrys and bobbys. pit crews rolling over with laughter . so while bobby and terry were strapped in thier cars they got them to autograph

Edited by oldtimer