Priceless

ford12

$500 pistons, $400 rods, $865 assembly. $300 worth of parts for head. ECT.... Winning first race out at STS priceless man. Wouldnt it be nice.

Timmy,

Yessir it would be but....

-$800 on stock Dodge FWD Neon with 148,000 miles

-cramming my fat ass into a 15.5" Kirkey seat after bending everything out of the way on race day

-winning both heat race & feature on third outing on dirt and beating some of the best drivers around...

PRICELESS!!!!

:D

Anybody can win at STS if they have the grapefruits to drive it in hard and control the car in a 4 wheel drift.I think I am getting over my fear of loosing grip but it took 6 races.In asphalt racing loosing grip can be deadly. ( oldtimer,thats what getting old does,changes fearless into fearful,falling hurts longer) I wish my car was a rear wheel drive,its hard to drift a FWD.STS is different than Gator or RGS,I tried both setups to no avail.The H.O.T. setup did not work eather.Maybe it was me.Tod and Will got it figgured out,probably because they started practicing early.No substitute for seat time.All Rick needed was a car but he drove it so hard he broke it.Dirt certainly is an equalizer with the constantly changing surface but thats where Nascar car owners ar looking for future drivers.I think some of the best asphalt drivers come from the dirt tracks.Thats why I am anxious for Jessey Jr,Lisa,Tommy,Danny,Nelly,and the return of Skinner to enhance their blooming skills as well as others who are in the early stages of their driving carrears.Master this track and you can drive fast anywhere. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

i agree gb i didnt run dirt for long . you made a remark to me one day after following me in stevens car .you said you thought i was your brother . buy the way i had that car completly sideways and drove out of that problem .i havent forgotten

that day . i thought it was somthing that you would conpare me to your brother .cuz that man can drive .and i should have not help him set up his car with info .bad to the bone but your right i learned that on the dirt .and i can still do it .

Bountyhunter,is that an old Volvo in your little picture laying on its side?The red and white one?I used to race against one like that when I started.I was driving a Peugot 403 that looked like a 1940 Ford.The VW bugs were the monsters then,I would get lapped 3 or 4 times in a feature.I still finished 4th in points that year because I always finished.I much prefered being the slowest car on the track rather than the fastest car in the pits because I had the best view of the race.STS reminds me of Almeda Speedway where I started because its so big that a slow car can run his own speed without being in danger of getting involved in a wreck with the fast cars.This makes it a perfect place to start a new driver and not be afraid of him/her getting hurt.It worked for me.BTW,I bought that Peugot for 50$,pulled the head so I could beat the piston down with a 2/4 and trans fluid because it was frozen from sitting.I made a little exaust pipe exit straight up out of the hood.After about 15 laps it would spit water out on the spark plug wires and misfire,and it made smoke rings.Everyone laughed at my car but I didnt care,I WAS A RACER.On the last nite of the season I painted the car and totalled it after running all season without problems.I guess I should not have used GREEN!!!!!!!! :o The year was 1969

gb, 1969 reminds me of my very first sponsor. gerber came on board in 1968 then in 1970 pampers offered me a better deal so i jumed on it.lol. by the way i was running one of those sucky fwd cars then to. i guess that d veit guy can't read the race results for the last two years. like they say, if you can't beat em, beat on em. :unsure:

if thats the old car pappy never looked better .except when you flipped over the back of steven.s car .,pappy had the only car that could flip and keep on going .on numerous times .fun to whatch .david horton fliped his dayly driver vw bug at riverside .and drove it home after the races. missing a tail light .

Archived