sas?

racecar25

heard there was some controversey at sas? did tony umphers the head flagman at sas really get fired after the races last night? and also i heard that justin oates won..but was one of his springs illegal? sounded like i shoulda been there and also in kyle because of the track improvements.

dont know if the flagman got fired but i know he was mad because when donnie horelka spun out all by HIMSELF umphers thought larry bendele hit him and wanted to send him to the rear but larry wasnt even close to him. dont know about justin but him kinda whooped up on them that race good job justin.

Yeah it sure was a full moon weekend!

Jim did have a hot night, his car caught fire when his fuel pump broke, tough break. I am just glad that he made it out safe, it was sure scary. Guess now your prepared for the hot seat on the show who wants to be a millionaire? Seriously, glad you made it out ok Jim, the car is fixable but your not replaceable. :) Bobby Labonte pulled the same thing as you today in the Winston Cup, that looked real bad. Glad he made it out ok too! Hope to see you back soon Jim!

I heard in the pits last night that the flagman was fired because of the argument. I didn't see the incident in #2. But I want to say that the races were good and I think that as entertainment for the fans, it was much improved. They had an autograph signing on the front straight during halftime ( I know it is intermission, but I am a football fan too) They also changed the race order as well. Sportsman was the last race. don't know the reason for that, but it worked out good even though I was sleepy by then :lol:

All in all, good crowd, carcount and show

Guest stick2it

why does it matter if the springs r old or not the rules say that they have 2 be same diam and size there should not be any questions

We should all congradulate Mike Sepach for changing things and tring something new .It was good for the fans and I had a couple of nice things said to me during the autograph session.Can't wait to see what the next thing he does to spice things up.Way to go

As far as credit being due for last nite. It should go to Paul Lozano. I understand it was his idea to do a few things. And great call on donny. I like him. He's a good driver. nobody want to admit that you spun by yourself though. Dont get me wrong, I would have liked to see him win. As far as tony ump.... any official that openly bad mouths a call (spreading hate and discontent) should be gone. Official's must have one voice if they are to be respected, even when they regretably have to stand by a bad call.

I was replying to everyone praising the THR official, I had

a guy come to the pits last night telling me he would not race

@ THR because he gotten the shaft on a tech call @ that track.

As for me, after looking at my car today and the way I ended

up on the wall, I am OK, but I am also VERY upset !!

As for Paul and the SAS officials I am dealing with, I think they

doing a great job. Things appear to being good for SAS.......

I'm upset because I now have to rebuild a car... It's one thing to have hellacious crash in a corner but when somebody turns another guy

going down a straight, that's crap... as for the THR guy I spoke of

earlier, I could care less what happened, that lovefest going on @

the time just didn't coincide with what he said.

jim,

As DebWil explained in another post, a group of us got together a week or two ago and had a huge brainstorming sessions led by Deb. We came up with almost 100 ideas that could help Mike put fans in the grandstands and cars on the track. Mike was there as was Paul Lozano. I'm pretty sure at least some of those ideas will make it into reality since there were some pretty good ideas on the list.

Hopefully the meeting at THR will be as productive for Brian.

Nick Holt

Archived