news flash bbs

lbeaver087

I figured it wasn't going to happen anytime soon, the track

is looking like it did before the planned opening.

I hope you are able to get whatever funds back that you may have

put forth towards the track .... may try some of their other

business #'s if they are avaliable..

Louis,

Please enlighten me. What money did you put into BBS, or what funds did you send them?

Thanks...

Louis,

You were just hoping, like all of us were, that BBS (in spite of its new name) would be like a breath of fresh air for the racing community. So many of us have tons of memories wrapped up in that place...

While we don't know why Mr. Miller suddenly stopped work at the place, it does seem odd that someone who reportedly spent 800k on the place would pull out over some electrical work that needed to be done..

Perhaps we will get the whole story at some point.

In the meantime, I hope you get your money back. If you're anything like me, every dollar counts these days.

Nick Holt

nick

i spent most of my life at that track ,and i was crushed when i got back home after a few years gone and finding the track was closed ,i gess know one will ever open it back the y just get every body read and then they let you down . but i gess it how life goes . and yes every little bit helps when your taking care of your mom too.

well guys that property has been becoming a Wal-Mart and/or

HEB for many years, according to speculation.

I knew at one time both of those outfits had lost interest in that

patch due to zoning regs that would require all of the sewer/

sanitation to be overhauled completly. Maybe they finally gave in,

that spot is a goldmine no foolin' there....... I'll hate to see it go

whether they plow it or it just sits there in disrepair.

If they plow it under we should all get together and have a cold

soda water one last time @ that bullring......

how know2 if he realy does or not .it would be one of the biggest money makers if some one would take the time and effort toupdate the track and race on fridays ,and run the rules that thr has or get together for rules that would work for both tracks.

Hey Rodney...

Two questions, bud...

(1) Are you from Luling, Lockhart, Leander or Lithuania? (private joke)

(2) I have it from a VERY reliable source that Mr. Miller doesn't own the land..this "wild goose" story that he bought the land for $800-k apparently isn't true at all..

As has been said before, another sad story thrown on the local-racing scrap pile... :(:angry:

Well Chuck,

This week we're going to say Lott, Texas !!!

For awhile we lived in Convict Hill but I figured

I'd just stick with the L's !!!

I can't understand how this guy would throw down

that many bones and just decide it was too much to

mess with.

Thinking about it, the grass was cut, buildings were cleaned-

up etc, other than that what was done? They were using

resources they already had (backhoe etc)... when it came down

to throw the $ down for boards and electrical stuff is when

it all came to a grinding halt. I bet Ms. Kisman still holds the deed.

Just another flake.He and other people like him are one of the big problems in texas racing right now.Has no idea what the hell there doing, taking money from people just to scam them.Far as i know this guy had never been involved in racing just thought he was going out there and be a promotor and people was going to give him money with no intention of helping racing or racers.These type of people are hurting the racer they have no credentials to sponsors ,all they do is show sponsors that there advertising dollar is not going to get a return, so when a racer walks in to get sponsorship they have no chance at all.Good bye BBS thank god another flake is out of racing.

a Scott Holland sighting???

Hey, you know what---I DID SEE a big, brown rug fly by with this windy weather...now I know why!!!!! (haha)

Cruel To Be Kind by Nick Wilder

If I could just win the lottery, I 'd love to buy a south/central Texas paved track and develop it into what I know it could become. I have seen how NOT to do it several times over. And thankfully I have seen how to do it the right was several times over too (I grew up around Oxford Plains and Beech Ridge).

One of these days...

Nick Holt

Archived