More from Austin

see86go

• 1 year later...
I've been busy getting the Legend ready, so I haven't had a chance to post old photos in a while. Here are a few from Austin:

Glenn Schwabe - This car was silver and orange; it was really nice looking and one of my favorites.

gschwabe.jpg

I ended up with a piece of this car when he wrecked at Speed-O-Rama. I remember back then I thought I was on top of the world. Glenn sure did keep it lookin' right.

Kent Lewis

klewis.jpg

I don't remeber ever seeing this rig - where was Kent from?

Glenn sure did keep it lookin' right.

The funny thing about Schwabe was the car usually always looked good, but you didn't dare step foot in his transmission shop with shoes you wanted to keep. That shop had the filthiest floor ever known to man.

Kent Lewis is still active. He and Kent Lewis Jr. race sprint cars around Houston and in the ASCS Gulf South series. He lives in Willis, north of Houston and Conroe.

Thanks Bobby.

Ironic, isn't Tom? Can I ask you a stupid question? Is Schwabe still alive?

the link is to another thread were Txtom states that Glen is still alive.

couple of austinites

Thanks for the info Nathan.

I've been busy getting the Legend ready, so I haven't had a chance to post old photos in a while. Here are a few from Austin:

Glenn Schwabe - This car was silver and orange; it was really nice looking and one of my favorites.

gschwabe.jpg

I've got a color photo of this car I'll post and it's sharp.

Who's this fella' drivin' the Chevy II?....

I remember Wayne Rutland driving a little Chevy II, and I believe it was #67.

Rutland later drove a Camaro that Bob York built, #82.

• 1 month later...

gschwabe.jpg

I'm not sure but I might have taken that picture. Does it have Raceway Photos on the back of it?

Archived