will the vets help the rookies?

postell69

just wanted to know if there are any vet racers out that are still willing to help rookies i remember when i first started in the bomber class in 1999 robert ponce and greg jr of the flyin34 helped me out i only raced until 2002 then moved now im back and im putting a ss together not to much exp in that class just want to have fun and stay out of troubel bad spelling i know but would take any advice that comes my way good or bad thank yopu for your time

wow hadnt heard that name in a long time robert poncie others names of drivers that i havent heard in awhile jeff meyers, jeff yanac, frank cerver, bobby winston , scott sulivan , john sullivan, mike forgus, all these retired drivers im sure im leaving out a lot i still hear of rick rapp but i wonder if he will get back in a car

well i have heard of the sullivans , but robert and greg sr and jr helped me alot even though robert wasnt racing anymore it just seems that if you dont hang around certain groups then or if your new nobody is willing to help you like back in the day when if you was new and neede some freindly advice the old drivers would help now it just seems to be alot of bickering

well postell 69 im. with steven he and i raced together for .

years .we built two champion cars together .steven .can help you if he wants to i bet he would just ask him .and .other drivers in that class should be happy to help. you have ask.for help in a first class way .and dont .

forget bruce .chuck slick. flannagins. troy larry.hardcastle.and many others.

The only advice i can give you is to get in the car and drive it like you stole it. When you clime in a race car you have to want the win or do good. The only advice tha you can really ask for is how can i get my motor to run better or what can i do to get the push or loose out of the car. As far as asking what line to drive everyone has a different way of driving the car.

oh and mister robertson 14 will cant leave out your dad he was a very good racer.i mess those days boo hoo . :D

Dad is still a very good racer, and has been land speed racing motorcycles. Looking for 190 next month at the Texas Mile and then with the aid of a turbo he will be shooting for the "200mph club" this fall. Neon Will

well i hear they sold 1 of them and the other one is still in the barn along with the two mini outlaws but i havent talked to scot or john and mike a lot of people you listed are still racing , bruce- chuck- larry - flanagans and i think troy is still in jail

thank you all for the input im not to worried about driving or fighting if need to but think when accidents happen people are a little to eager to start fighting i mean come on when i was in the bomber class things happened i know the ss has lot more money in the cars im learning that really fast but instead of fighting we need to talk and find out how we solve the problems lets just race for fun and the fans im pretty sure you will all know me soon ill be in the 07 car

i have met alot of drivers when i used to hang out with my brother in law kevin sullivan like i bought my first bomber car from larry smith talked with rex ,sam duncan,bruce bedoe, jessie vega , so any body in the ss dont think im being nosey if i ask yall questions just trying to learn so i wont be in the way on the track

Archived