CCMotorspeedway

BMWMPOWER10

.will i love throwing things out there for you to ponder.

i like reaction.good job trying to get my eng secrets . sorry . cant help you on yours .i go for natural asperation

eng raw carb power.suck that air down the in take thing you know.good luck 14

Reading about the FWD vs RWD thing reminds me of the rivelrary between the Fords and the VWs that has been going on for over 30 years.It used to be the rear engine VWs vs the Pintos.The Fords always had the power and the VWs always handled a little better.At Riverside,my brother and I had the field covered.Thats because the Melharts with their Pinto showed us how fast we were not and taught us how to go fast on dirt.The same cars racing the same competetors on the asphalt,the Ford guys showed us what we didnt know and beat us reguarly.The difference was experience with a paticular track.When Horton got fast with a FWD,the first at CC,he was the one that couldnt be beat.I almost quit because he had to be cheating.But wait,I have the same kind of car.I got help from the Super Street guys,mainly Don jr,and with some adjustments,got fast enough to win.Then Horton took me to school and beat me with a slower car with good moves.I finally learned those moves and won some more.Then people were saying FWD couldnt be beat and along came my brother in a RWD Toyota Corolla and not only beat me but set a new track record.Now its Will,Todd,Timmy,EJ,Guage,Ronald,and a few others charging to the front and I have to use everything people have taught me to race these cars.My point is,its not the brand of car or the track surface,its about learning.A race can be won or lost with 5 lbs of air or a qtr inch of toe.My best tuning tool is a vidio camera that stays on my car all the time.I learn where Im getting beat and what adjustments are needed to help that point and where I can take it from.Find the weak spots on the competetion and beat them there.This big race is a great test oppourtunity to find speed.The things you learn can help a regular nite.And I know the Houston guys that read these forums and have raced against me are say " If thats the best they got,this is an easy race."They know mine is just another car.To me,this race is a way for minis in south Texas to show they are capable of having a feature quality race and get paid like professionals,something that rarely happens.Its the show thats important.Wouldnt it be nice someday to race for 5,000 to win and have 150 cars show up?This is how it starts.And the dirt track is a great place to shake down a car before the big race because gearing and suspension are similar.Who will win?The driver that knows his car,has a cool head,and lots of luck.I hope its me but I know better,there are much faster cars when the rules are gone.Im still going to try. :ph34r:

GB we always fight about this and the rules are always changing . but the FWD cars do have a advantage and when ever the rules get close to even the playing field it gets changed again . you cannt make one set of rules for the thunders cause you have to many types of cars in the class it is easyer pulling something around the track than pushing it . but dont the thunders have a claim rule (hint hint ) ive fought this battle for years and probally fixing to do it again

GB  we always fight about this  and the rules are always changing . but the FWD cars do have a advantage  and when ever the rules get close to even the playing field  it gets changed again . you cannt make one set of rules for the thunders cause you have to many types of cars in the class it is easyer pulling something around the track than pushing it . but dont the thunders have a claim rule  (hint hint ) ive fought this battle for years and probally fixing to do it again

cRt racing, I got a dodge neon with your name on it for $1000 bucks. Glad to see your thoughts on the fwd thing and that you are coming around. You will like the the no carb thing and you can throw away that stack of old air fuel mixing devices and never have to worry about the float bowl level ever again. Then you can take that neon and claim one of those pusher cars with a big motor and sell it for $2500 bucks and build two more puller cars and that will in turn increase the car count and make a better show for the fans. After all the fans in the stands probably dont care if its a pusher or a puller they just want to see a good race, and we have had some good racing the last few years a ccms. And you can hang out in the Ghetto.

half-car driver Neon Will

If pintos and mustang are so freakin slow then why keep building them. In fact why keep building them the same as 20 years ago and why keep throwing the same setup under them as 20 years ago, that is obviously what is happening because they aren't much faster.

If pintos and mustang are so freakin slow then why keep building them. In fact why keep building them the same as 20 years ago and why keep throwing the same setup under them as 20 years ago, that is obviously what is happening because they aren't much faster.

As fast as the rules allow them to be. Apples and oranges as always and the argument will never be settled.

Tim

o

good thing about it that pinto .7 car does not have .just

20 year old setups .it has 20 years of setups plus new and

up dated setups.its got up to date parts.that you couldnt get 20 years.thats why it handles so good at sas. kyle ,not bad at cc but didnot . care if it handled that good at cc.we didnt win at sas with just 20 year old teck .

but i know in 20years if your still racing you will still use 20

year teck with up to date.parts

well neil wont mind car count.well steven you your dad and i work hard to rebuild this class in1989 .it lasted longer than i thought it would .if we hadnt rebuilt it then

don .would have not restarted it maybe but who knows .

it would most likely servive some form or fashion.we,ll see.

Archived