New Promoter at MMS

Vir

It is rumored, by a reliable source, that Terry Dickerson has taken over the controls of Montgomery Motor Speedway. Friends from the area are happy to hear someone like Terry is coming to run things. The racetrack is a beautiful 1/2 mile facility that is known for drawing big name shorttrack drivers. The crowds last year were sparse, but with the right promoter MMS could become a premier track again. Good luck to Terry and best wishes for bringing the track back to where it was when Bob Harmon was promoting races.

It is rumored, by a reliable source, that Terry Dickerson has taken over the controls of Montgomery Motor Speedway. Friends from the area are happy to hear someone like Terry is coming to run things. The racetrack is a beautiful 1/2 mile facility that is known for drawing big name shorttrack drivers. The crowds last year were sparse, but with the right promoter MMS could become a premier track again. Good luck to Terry and best wishes for bringing the track back to where it was when Bob Harmon was promoting races.

i think Terry should focus on SAS and USRA first.

Webmaster

Site Admin

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject:    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Montgomery Motorhead,

At this point the only additional info I have is that a fellow named Terry Dickerson, who I believe is out of Texas, is leasing the track from Bill. And I feel certain that Mr. Dickerson knows the importance of posting a final schedule as soon as possible, so I'm thinking he and his team (whoever that may include) will move on that fairly quickly.

Hope that helps.

Matt

The web guy

From Montgomery Motor Speedway website.........things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm :o

I have heard Terry was recently at MMS scoping things out. This came from someone who talked to him and is in the know at MMS. By the way, my friend was very impressed with Mr. Dickerson. There is some concern among the fans that SLM's are not high on Terry's menu.

saspeedracer,put it this way,when he rides in the boat with us,we own the lake,cause everybody seems to dissappear for some reason-he's on the tv news alot there and the hillbilly's know who he is-make a pass along the banks and by the campgrounds and come back by an hour later,everybodys gone-lol

They have the BAMA Super Late Model Series raced there about 8 times, average about 20 cars. The Pro Late Models class raced about 8 times also, similar to the ASA series. The NASCAR SES and the Outlaw Modifieds raced there. According to this years schedule, they have the Hooters Series and Georgia Asphalt Series on there scedule, not sure about the ASA race. They had Uncle Bob Memorial All Pro 250, but only 11 SLM's showed up on the results page, $15,000 to win???

http://www.montgomeryspeedway.com/

I talked with Terry tonight. Here's what he told me.

He said that he had been on the road for the past two or three weeks, mostly on his equipment business, but also taking care of racing stuff. He was at the ASA banquets and the ASA Southern drivers' meeting and visiting several race tracks where he had contacts. He said he learned a lot in a very short time.

He emphasized that SAS and USRA are his "first objectives" and that any discussions he had with various racing organizations are simply that. Discussions.

Terry is a business man and is constantly looking for any deal that might present itself. Anyone who has spent any time at all with him knows that those two cell phones are going all the time with some deal or other.

But, at this point any talks are simply that. Talks.

And before we hung up, he wanted me to say it again. "My 1st objectives are San Antonio Speedway and USRA."

Nick Holt

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the latest.

Montgomery Motorhead

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:43 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buddy is the new promoter going to be Terry Dickerson for sure. If not, then who will it be?

Early Bird Classic.....Birmingham Int. Raceway.....February 25 & 26, 2006..............30th Annual Rattler 250 March 3, 4, 5 OPP, AL..

Buddy Pitts

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:13 pm Post subject:

motorhead I just heard thru the grapevine that the track has been sold to Mr. Dickerson, if this is true maybe they will tell us something here on the web site,

Live life to the fullest, treat others as you want to be treated. A smile gose a long ways. Hope everyone has a great summer this racing season.

Webmaster

Site Admin

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:32 am Post subject:

Buddy,

I just saw these latest posts here and wanted to let you know that I have had no new information since my last post in this thread.

Matt

The web guy

Supertex,those southern boyz take the draggin serious,they got a race in memphis april 1st pays $100,000 to win and the next weekend in huntsville alabama a race for $50,000 to win-I'd like to be the n2o and fuel supplier at those races.Aint going to be no little 100 shot cars i can tell you that,Going to be the biggest,baddest systems you can put on a car.When they prime the lines before they stage em,they will be putting a hole in the ozone for sure.