Some old SAS Pictures

racerjim2

i think the 24 was jim blevins jr, and i thought the 3 in the same picture was jim creech...........and the 58 in the first picture was ronnie krueger before the monte carlo and isnt the 3 in the same photo lance gaither? is the red 3 in the sunset picture russell deckert?..........all just guesses........

Mel you ,Debbie,and Brad are all correct with the exception of the #1 car it was Jerry Galoway good job guys Larry Honnycuts # was 7. Robert you are correct on the # 21 it is Scott Offinger and the# 24 is Jim Bevens Jr . thanks for responding

yes he was injured driving this car it was totaly destroyed when he belw his enging and was coasting around the track and another car hit him from behind and knocked him into race traffic. He had some kind of arm injury because he released his seat belts before the crash. He bought Gene Couches car and raced it once when his wife found out she made him sell it back to the Howells.It was several years later he was killed in a highway crash with an 18 wheeler.

I still see Gene at the track from time to time he works for H.B.Zachary and is married to Justin Oates's mom Cindy.Maybe someone can drag him out of retirement.

• 6 months later...

Archived