CC Speedway Past Champions

Flyin34

I was checking out the list of SAS past champions and thought I would try to think of as many of CC's past champions that I could. If anyone can fill in any of the blanks, go for it. I will try to go through some old programs and see if I can come up with some more

82-Stocker-Greg Carlucci Sr.

83'Super Stock-Bruce Beddoe

84'Super Stock-Bruce Beddoe

85'-Super Stock-Bruce Beddoe

86'-Super Stock-Bruce Beddoe

87-?

88-?

89-Super Stock-Bruce Beddoe

90-Modified Stock-Greg Carlucci Sr.

Super Stock-Bruce Beddoe

91-Modified Stock-Greg Carlucci Sr.

92-Pure Stock-Mike Carlucci Jr.

Modified Stock-Larry Smith

93-Modified Stock-Larry Smith

94-Modified Stock-Larry Smith

95-Super Sportsman-Greg Carlucci Jr.

Pure Stock-Mike Carlucci Jr.

96-Super Sportsman-John Witsche

97-?

98-Limited Late Model- Greg Carlucci Jr.

99-Limited Late Model-Greg Carlucci Jr.

00'-Street Stock-Steven Doty

01'-Street Stock-Bill Stephens

02'-Street Stock-Greg Carlucci Jr.

03'-Street Stock-Greg Carlucci Jr.

04'-Street Stock-Greg Carlucci Sr.

05'Street Stock-Greg Carlucci Jr.

Pure Stock-John Heinaman

Texas Thunder-Will Robertson

Edited by Flyin34

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

As you can see I just became a member a few days ago and I have been reading some of the topics from a while back so I am sorry I could not add to the discussion when it first came out, but I have heard better late than never. I pulled out the 1987 Official Program from C.C. Speedway and as you can see the winner of the Super Stocks was Jeff Janak.

post-8023-1198813286_thumb.jpg

post-8023-1198813304_thumb.jpg

double 0 car was our.s finished 5 th .not bad seeing we didnt have the money those others had ..we would run the pull off.s from the leaders .. i dont remember us ever haveing a new tire till 1989 .. i forgot i raced in two races that year ...flagman was raceing the tank back then ..lol

Edited by oldtimer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
As you can see I just became a member a few days ago and I have been reading some of the topics from a while back so I am sorry I could not add to the discussion when it first came out, but I have heard better late than never. I pulled out the 1987 Official Program from C.C. Speedway and as you can see the winner of the Super Stocks was Jeff Janak.

I never saw that program back then!

Lets's see.

Mini Outlaws

Eric Wilson moved to North Carolina after the '88 season last I heard they started a company building creepers.

The Carters were from McAllen. Last time I was in that area I was told they were still racing.

John Meenghan still lives in Ingelside and the last time I went buy his house the #14 was still setting beside the garage.

John Gunn was still in Aransas Pass and married again.

And I moved to Houston in late 88 and ran at Battleground, Big H and the Alvin track until 92. I then quit racing and moved back to Rockport. In 96 I got the racing bug again and got into radio control stuff at the request of my wife. I built a track and ran it for 5 years then bought RC Pro Series in 2004 which I still run. We now sanction events in the US, Canada, Caribbean and South Africa. In 2006 we moved to Waco.

Carlton Eppes

Edited by fuzzy1

• 3 weeks later...
I had seen the picture Gene, but not the caption. I knew it looked like Billy, but the "Sonny" on the seat confused me. Looks like he dropped his goggles.

I have yet to find out who or what the SONNY refers to. Archie never had a driver named Sonny, just Billy as far as I know. >> The goggles look like they fell out of his brain bucket. Knowing Archie, if he stepped on them, it probably came out of his paycheck.

I had seen the picture Gene, but not the caption. I knew it looked like Billy, but the "Sonny" on the seat confused me. Looks like he dropped his goggles.

I have yet to find out who or what the SONNY refers to. Archie never had a driver named Sonny, just Billy as far as I know. >> The goggles look like they fell out of his brain bucket. Knowing Archie, if he stepped on them, it probably came out of his paycheck.

Looks like a good light for the camera. I read some references about the track lighting, or lack there of, at CC Spdwy. But, I would like to know about the name on the seatback.

Looks like a good light for the camera. I read some references about the track lighting, or lack there of, at CC Spdwy. But, I would like to know about the name on the seatback.

I'll bet another Sonny could shed some light on the SONNY mystery. See the forth photo down on the "Archie link" page;

http://home.earthlink.net/~snyayers/earlys...cars/index.html

Edited by 4PROP

• 1 month later...

If I remember correctly Super Stock champion in 1991 was Monty Nichols II. Bruce Beddoe finished 2nd. According to the announcer that night Monty Nichols didn't even have to win the feature race to become the track champion of 1991. Somewhere I have a picture of that car. I'll post when I find it. Watched him terrorize the hobby's & super stock classes at CC Speedway in the late 70's & all I can say is that he was BADDDDD! Anyone know where Monty was racing say, 1980-1990?

• 1 month later...

In 1984 I just happen to be working in the scoring booth of the Circle Track at Speedway Park. So In my possession are the point’s sheets from 8-18-84. (I have know idea why I have just this one week), anyway I thought I would share them with you. A few interesting things I would to point out are, on some of the sheets it is written circle track, for those who might wonder why, it is because Speedway Park ran Motocross, Mud Drags, and Stock Car Racing all at the same time. The next thing to point out is the top class is called Hobby, the next class is called Stock, and as you can see Charlie Heflin is leading in the Monthly Points and the Yearly Points. I do believe by the year’s end he is overtaken by Bruce Beddoe. The Pure Stocks were started midway through the season that is why the points are so much less than the other classes.

The photo is from the Corpus Christi Caller Times in an article for the start of the 1985 season. It is not stated in the article but as I recall it is the Winners of each Class from the 1984 season. One last point to make is new class names for 1985. (Super Stock, Modified Stock)

post-8023-1212960278_thumb.jpg

post-8023-1212960303_thumb.jpg

post-8023-1212960334_thumb.jpg

post-8023-1212960356_thumb.jpg

post-8023-1212960388_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chillaxing

• 12 years later...

James Mikulencak won 3--4 from mid 70's to early 80's in Super Stock and I'm pretty sure Dennis McClain won two super stock champ.  in the 80's. Monty got a couple  late 70's to early 80's, Dub Rollins several thru the 60's into early 70's and  I'm guessin  Rick Rapp and Slick Yeomen may have each had  a couple from 75-83

Edited by dragracerkma

On 3/19/2008 at 8:20 PM, 4PROP said:

Just thought you guys might enjoy this one: From CC Speedway, October 1954. Caption reads, "Dick Lundstrom presents trophy to Billy Wade 1954 Mod. Stock Car Champ". The photo is from the Archie Lacy collection.

post-3523-1205975895_thumb.jpg

worked with dick after taking the track back along with frank .. dick was always nice to deal with .. 

On 6/8/2008 at 12:43 PM, Chillaxing said:

In 1984 I just happen to be working in the scoring booth of the Circle Track at Speedway Park. So In my possession are the point’s sheets from 8-18-84. (I have know idea why I have just this one week), anyway I thought I would share them with you. A few interesting things I would to point out are, on some of the sheets it is written circle track, for those who might wonder why, it is because Speedway Park ran Motocross, Mud Drags, and Stock Car Racing all at the same time. The next thing to point out is the top class is called Hobby, the next class is called Stock, and as you can see Charlie Heflin is leading in the Monthly Points and the Yearly Points. I do believe by the year’s end he is overtaken by Bruce Beddoe. The Pure Stocks were started midway through the season that is why the points are so much less than the other classes.

The photo is from the Corpus Christi Caller Times in an article for the start of the 1985 season. It is not stated in the article but as I recall it is the Winners of each Class from the 1984 season. One last point to make is new class names for 1985. (Super Stock, Modified Stock)

post-8023-1212960334_thumb.jpgpost-8023-1212960278_thumb.jpg

post-8023-1212960388_thumb.jpg

1991  jeff bought david evans old outlaw ... in 1992 i took an old street pinto and put davids outlaw head and his cheater flywheel  in the car ... wow that thing took off till i speed shifted to third  gear and missed it .. boom right in front the old meat packing company on 44th street in corpus .. . fun while it lasted .. i destroyed every rocker arm and snapped the crank in two ....all in 20 seconds of fun ...two days of work to pull that stunt .. i was building that car to go outrun fat mans orange pinto .......miss old david ..

Edited by HiTech