San Antonio Speedway Ramblings

SASPEEDRACER24

I was just about to say, SAS resembles IRP an awful lot... If Terry's serious about bringing in touring series, the investment into a new pit road configuration may not be a bad idea. If Mansfield Motorsports Park got a CTS date, I dont see why SAS couldnt. Nick, I'm not an engineer by any means but I am a draftsman, so if there are some CAD files floating around of SAS, I could alter them to reflect possible changes. I'm sure sketching the place up in CAD off of some paper drawings wouldnt be too hard either.

Horsepower,that is a good plan,but the pits still have a lot of wasted space. Make it similiar to what Devils

Bowl has in Mesquite with a entrance or exit in each corner,would help with line up and pit congestion,keep the pit road area like you have it,that would be good,maybe move the scales to help in the congestion problem also.

I think I can probably get pit road done for you guys for $10,000. If you think you're interested send me a PM. and I'll give you my personal information. It will not be state-of-the-art, but pretty close and I need the money up front.

Donald Teague

Texas State Auto Racing (formely Texas TracGroup)

:lol::lol::lol:

Well, as long as were wishing out loud, might as well throw in too. Drop the whole pit area 8 to 10 feet so the fans will be able to see over those big rigs in the infield!

I know that would be too expensive, but would be cool.

Mel

Lose the infield pits all together. Move the main pits outside the track, between the track and Hwy 16. (Pave the other section outside the track, and there would be plenty of room for spectator parking.) Extend pit row (as mentioned several times above) for use on big races with pit stops, and add a second 1/4 -1/3 mile smaller track inside the 1/2 mile, sharing either the front or back straight. Run the slower classes on the smaller track, faster cars on the bigger portion. (Better racing for the fans.) Could also add a few paved connecting road sections inside the oval and create an on demand road course, that any class could utilize, as well as possibly attracting racing bikes, carts, etc. safely.

This eliminates the blind spots that prevent seeing the back straight, and opens additional avenues of revenue and racing.

There is a track a 1/2 mile track in Northern California that is set up in this configuration (Altamont Pass Raceway I believe.) With this configuration, not a bad seat in the house!!

Food for thought,

Lloyd

actually putting the pits outside might not be a bad Idea when big events are in town... be like the snowball and sell passes for fans to pull there vehicles in the pits... more seating, more money,

be a pain for teh racers, but if it helps bring in more money and better recognition for the track Im sure no one would have a problem with it... we have to unload our stuff half the time anyways

• 1 month later...

Archived