7. 96 Todd Farris

8. 28 Jason Smith

9. 44 Damon Bean

10. 21 Kevin Bendele

11. 4 Horelka Backup Car (Driver?)

12. 5 Ronnie Smith

13. 29 Danny Storbeck

14. 11 Tom Grothues

Although 16 cars started the race, an accident on the first lap took out almost the entire field. Only three cars did not pit! I really did a bad job of scorekeeping . . . may be in incorrect order and I only have 14 finishers above. It's a good thing I'm not getting paid for that job! But a lot of cars were pitting, getting lapped, and having problems which made it difficult to track.

Sportsman

1. 29 Billy Becka

2. 12 Tater Mason

3. 15 Tom Casey

4. 0 Justin Oates

5. 20 Marcus Bellino

6. 6 Garfield Shanklin

7. 22 Rodney Rodriguez

8. 33 Charlie Earnhardt

9. 4 Craig Crawley

10. 3 Dwayne Markgraf

11. 9 ?

12. 5 Oscar Solis

13. 44 Paul Delgado, Jr.

14. 00 George Reyes

15. 51 Greg Rohmer

This class also had an accident very early in the race - first lap also, I think.

As you can see, the car count was better tonight in both classes. Great to see!!!

Debbie

Please ignore the results I posted last night. They are way off! They first couple for each race may be right, but it goes downhill after that. From now on, I'll just leave the results to the pros!

Sorry,

Debbie

Deb,

Some news is better than no news! We appreciate your taking the time to post what you saw, even if the results are off by a mile! At least we know that Donnie won and that Larry was second, which is a whole lot more than what we would have known had you not shared with us.

Steve Yung is probably reviewing the scoring since there was some confusion stemming from the big wreck early on. I'm sure he'll be sharing the official results when they're ready.

In the meantime, Deb, keep posting the results, right or wrong. Sooner or later the official results will correct whatever boo-boos you might have.

Nick Holt

Nick I think you mean Steve Jung.... But that was something else after that big wreck on the first lap. I say that becasue the 2 slowest cars on the track the #36 and #32 had to start on the pole. That had to be alot of fun to watch from the stands. Jeff Moore the #36 car that started on the pole on the restart was so excited that he led the group coming into turn one then was kinda on the edge of his seat during the restart. Im sure Mr. Lampton was feeling the same way since these guys are usually in the back of the pack. On another note Jason Smith was involved in the bigone and had all of the fiberglass body of his car ton off except for a small pice along the drivers side of the car. You could even see the tire marks on the passenger door frame where Danny Garcia rode up the side of the car. After all that in the pits Jason's crew took the hood which was for the most part ok and taped it to the roof and taped half of his windshield to the front of the car. Talk about some engineering. They were black flaged as soon as he got on the track. I'll have more info in a bit.

Official San Antonio Speedway results, 6/28/03

LATE MODELS

Scott Jerkins won Heat 1

Danny Storebeck won Heat 2

1. 41 Donny Horelka 40

2. 23 Larry Bendele 40

3. 10 Scott Jerkins 40

4. 18 Jesse Salazar 40

5. 96 Todd Farris 38

6. 32 Michael Lampton 38

7. 97 Danny Garcia 38

8. 36 Jeff Moore 36

9. 44 Damon Bean 17

10. 21 Kevin Bendele 13

11. 5 Ronnie Smith 6

12. 28 Jason Smith 5

13. 11 Tommy Grothues 1

14. 29 Danny Storebeck 0

15. 15 Larry Hilbig 0

16. 4 James Ploasek 0 16

SPORTSMAN

Billy Becka won Heat 1

Charles Earnhardt won Heat 2

SPORTSMAN FEATURE

1. 29 Billy Becka 25

2. 12 Tator Mason 25

3. 15 Tommy Casey 25

4. 0 Justin Oates 25

5. 20 Marcus Bellino 25

6. 6 Garfield Shanklin 25

7. 22 Rodney Rodriguez 25

8. 33 Charles Earnhardt 25

9. 4 Craig Crawley 25

10. 3 Dewayne Margraff 25

11. 9 Chris Hanson 24

12. 5 Oscar Solis 22

13. 44 James Clark 4

14. 51 Greg Rohmer 0

15. 00 George Reyes 0

Marc,

I am sorry that I misspelled Steve's name. I knew it was Jung... why I typed Yung I'll never know..

Sounds like quite a night at SAS!

Were there any RoadRunners there?

Nick Holt

Hey Speedracer/Marc,

Keep up the good work, dude..

Archived