I-37 Drivers Meeting Results

Rainbow Man

We had a good Drivers meeting. IMCA Modifieds will be sanctioned, Limited Mods we will get a Sanction Ruling as some as they get with IMCA , they will run them though. Track Classes will be Pure Stock, Limited Late Model which includes street stock super stock cars the rules on the web site will change just a little to clarify and they will be Rules for 2006,2007&2008 so 3 years aleast under sames rules. We will run Friday Nights first race April 7 2006. support classes will run on a bi-weekly basis , Texas Super Coupes, TOMS Mods . A mini stock class in under consideration at this time. When the rules are corrected they will be posted as final set on website www.i-37speedway.com. Thanks to all the drivers and owners that came out we all look forward to aSuper 2006 Racing Season at I-37 Speedway. If you are in Pleasonton on 281 on south side of town check out the track new sign it's great. next test&tune will be 3rd Sat in January 2006. To all have a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year see ya in 2006.

Hope to see John Lawerance run the track all year, it kind of worries me that Owen wrote the class rules and Ed went and made changes, but guess yall will work it out, Sport mods need to be IMCA sanctioned or they will have no cars for that class, sounds like there are a lot more for this year, and who gave Jamie Campbell the driving lessons, lol,lol, looked good in that mod Jamie.

Guest RandyBorlace

i agree on the sanction of the imca sportmods, let's say waco gets rained out where else do the sportmod guys go to get points on fridays? you will lose more then gain without the sanction.... buck already said his isnt hitting the track unless its imca...

John is going to call IMCA and check on the Limied Mods and will get with track owners and then get the word out on the issue it will be addressed so wait for the answer. Your points are well taken. Jamie did ok with as lttle water on the track. thanks again to all drivers, owners and cars that did come out. The updated rules will be posted along with if IMCA Limited Mods will be sanctioned or not soon, IMCA Modifieds will be sanctioned for sure.

Yall need to get with owen at South Texas and convince him IMCA is the way to go, he will have the car count, that way the cars from San Antonio south can compete for a National IMCA championchip or even be in the hunt for IMCA points, which means more cars for 37, more cars for South Texas.

Glad to see I-37 sanction the mods for 2006

Fridays there---Edna saturdays for IMCA points

Just went out to South Texas Speedway---track and improvement are looking good

BUT

sure dont think they will sanction IMCA for mods--had some conversation

about that happening and its kinda like talking to my ex wife

But we can always hope they will sanction

Edna purse is guaranteed--regardless of number of cars

At least it was last year and am sure will be this year

The limited mods didnt have a very good car count but the

racing in that class was very good

I look for that class to expand ti a decent number of cars there

when they get started this year

Txhotmod / Al how was it like talking to your ex-wife?

We didn't drop all our plans and do what you wanted so it is like talking to your ex-wife.

We are going to do the best thing for our track finacially to stay alive long term. We are also looking at every option, txhotmod if you are offering to pay all IMCA fees from start to finish as a sponsor we are definetly interested.

Give us a chance to get this thing going before we start spending money. We are going to follow the IMCA rules. Maybe at the meeting I will ask how many drivers plan to race twice a week for every week during the season chasing a national championship in IMCA, if half my modifieds agree then we may have to sanction.

We do want to work with I-37 and hope that both tracks have great car counts.

Thanks Owen.

THEN I GUESS THAT MEANS YOULL JUST BE AT ONE. EVERYONE WANTS A SANCTIONED TRACK SO THEY CAN RUN FOR IMCA POINTS. WHAT A JOKE. WE RAN PLENTY OF PLACES AND THAT DEAL IS HARD TO RUN THE ONES WHO ARE PLANNING ON RUNNING FOR POINTS OR SAY THEY WANT TO ARE THE ONES WHO WOULDNT HAVE A SHOT IF THEY HAD 7 TRACKS, TEN OF THERE OWN CARS, AND RAN ON EVERYDAY OF THE WEEK IN THERE BACK YARD. THEY WOULD NOT HAVE A SHOT. ALL THESE GUYS HAVE HAD PLENTY OF "IMCA TRACKS" . YOU WANT POINTS RACIN THEN TRAVEL. ALL I CARE ABOUT IS A GOOD TRACK WITH A GOOD PAY AND GOOD RUN SHOW AND I THINK WE R GONNA HAVE IT.

ONE STEP FOWARD,FIVE STEPS BACK!!!!.....hope something POSSITIVE HAPPENS REAL SOON......THINGS SOUND CONFUSSED.what good came out of the meeting?whos incharge?get the cars ready by what rules?i remember those days!!!!!!.....i thought they were over....hope we have a track to support.hope someone steps to the plate that knows what to do.the hard core supporters are trying to support,but its confussing to understand whats up.were going to santion maybe?well i am going to race!.if you cant get it done,i will go where they can.i love this sport.and i want to race CLOSE TO HOME.but you have got to do your job also.....WHOEVER it may be.FRANK T.

Nothing came out of the meeting good but a reading of the house rules when hard questions were asked they could not reply as it stands the rule are almost posted as pitman put out for the turky shoot in the pures they need to add the G-60 which they say we can run, but was taken off the rules and ??marks on 15 and younger may not be able to run..........I just dont understand what happen to purestock ant that like rookie class?? As for the Street stock well there limited late models and thats almost open on the rules completly......what ever happen to a super stock class?? the big change there is 100 lb off w/ 8in tire.........Will they be SCALES at the track? ////////////////And not but the best for last no sanction for sportmod.........??? I agree w/ Frank

Richard the G-60's tires will be addes to the rules and the age for drivers is being checked with the track insurance . The limited Sport Mods they are checking with IMCA on Sanction. As far as street stock or Super Stock they were combined for more cars and to keep the length of the show down to 3 hours and they are tring to work out problems . Yes the rules were wriiten by Owen and changed some by the track after Owen wasn't going to be running the track so short notice. Bear with them they are tring hard and want to put on a good show in a timely manner. When the rules are in final form they will be good 2006,2007,2008 so no changes when set.

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

Rainbow

That wasn't me that what Abraham (Charlie) that make the comments.

But I also agree with Abraham and Frank in their comments, no one like being in the dark.

After talking to a few folks at the meeting, I only hear negative comments but I can't say one way or the another as I didn't attend the meeting

The only things that really hit us was the rule about under 15 year old . Now if I'm not mistaken the insurance is only good if you don't have private insurance, so if you have insurance what is the big deal.

No super stock class, now that really SUCKS

Richard

1 Step Foward and 5 GIANT LEAPS BACK!!!! We are heading back to the old I-37 Days. No sanctions for Sports Mod is Stupid alot of guys are going that way and now we have to travel. I just cant believe The past 2 years were good and now the next Three are going to $UCK!!! Good luck to all but my support will probably go to Corpus or Killeen.

Thanks I-37 For Making things $uck again!!!!!

Guest RandyBorlace

things might not be so bad IF they get the sanctioning for the sportmods, because racing outlaw sucks! IMCA pays back to the driver, for competing, it may not be much, but with no guaranteed points fund, it can atleast buy a new RR tire.....

Randy , there are a lot of if's here, I say give them a chance, its a great track, and hope the old is out and change is in, but I do have to say, the only one from the owners that was there was Nell, I would have thought all owners to be there to answer any and all questions, rather than " Im just the spokesman for 37" from Mr Lawerence, and Ill get back to you on this, 3 months will go by fast, and need to know soon on whats going on. The owners have made there decission on not having Frank run the track and we all will have to live with whats presented to us and like it or go else where. It is a local track and a place to race close, Maybe the owners have learned from the past and learned a thing or two from the past 2 yrs, one good thing to here was they have to be done by midnite, the horses across the backstretch are complaining they cant sleep standing up very well with all the race motors running.Too be honest , that was a wasted meeting they had other than to add a few adds to the rules, but it was a start. Where was anyone from the redneck racing camp??????

Guest RandyBorlace

I'm going to give it a chance IF it's IMCA, if not they just lost another car..... hopefully Lawrence will stick around and instead of being the s"spokesmen for 37" he can be the promoter, I think he did a good job at TDS as well as i-37 a while back.. If it were me who owned the track, I think I would run off Joe and Frank's coat tails, because they had something good going on. I bet half the state would show up if there was a winter series for the points guys, you know HWJ would be there weekly, and he usually has a few cars following him. I think if they are waiting for a car count for the sanction, they will keep on waiting, there is only around 6 or 7 sportmods locally, and i am sure most of them will want IMCA too.

It's senseless to attempt putting a car together at this time with the games that are being played. The off season is the time for rebuilding your cars and freshening your motors. This all takes time to be done right. Most drivers strive to have a good looking car and be competitive. With the rules up in the air and unknown promoter it's impossible to begin any work. For example: the motor rule for the street stocks and limited late models has always been a 360 cid max for chevy, now it appears to be open on the cubic inch rule, so now you'll see strokers, 406's and 413's cid's being run. Is this fair? If you build one of these motors where else can you run legally if this track shuts down or never opens. What ever happened to keeping the classes affordable!!! The payout sure isn't there. What will the payout be at the start of the season and what will be the next month's and the next month's be? I do want to race this season but lets all get on the same page. Look at the new rules close for the adverse effects that can be created. Most cars around are already built to the old rules, so maybe they should be tweeted a little and be enforced. The spectators and racers want fair and equal racing and a chance for each and every driver with a chance of winning. My opinion has now been expressed, Thank you Gary Hunter LLM #14

Archived