pay day

honda 46

Anyone received a check yet? A BIG guy at this nice bar says I owe some money for some kinda dance or something....I don't know what he's talking about but I need to give him some money!!

No Clue Marc. All I know is last year we had terrible car counts and no one in the stands. Now we have 2 tracks so divide it by 2 and we will be lucky to have 1 track open at the end of the year. 2 years ago didn't they have to run a B Main for the real bomber cars? My biggest question is what ran off all the racers? I could give you my theory but it would just piss people off to hear the truth.

Anyone received a check yet?  A BIG guy at this nice bar says I owe some money for some kinda dance or something....I don't know what he's talking about but I need to give him some money!!

You mean you had to pay for that dance? But we already paid him to dance with you LOL!

Owen and Bruce,

For the simple fact that I am not really a regular at any of the tracks and probably won't be next year either I really have no right to point fingers since I will probably not be helping with a solution.

I do agree Whataburger Field and the American Bank Center put a big hit on the track. How can it compete with the huge advertising budget of the Hooks? Unfortunately, it can't. $3.00 gas doesn't help either.

Owen, there were things at the track that I saw that I didn't agree with. I will be happy to let you know in a PM. Please don't take it as an insult or anything just constructive criticism.. Just my view on the outside looking in and hoping racing will survive down here in Corpus past 06.

Jason

Jason,I also would like to know what happened to all the V8 cars.The only way to know is to find them and ask them.Lots of times its about not feeling important to the program.We all see and hear from the top 5 or so teams but see little about the rest of the field.We hear a lot about how lap cars cause so many problems,but the only real problem they cause is if they dont show up.You never hear from these guys,they just leave.Is funny really when you think about it,racings future depends not on the "heros" but rather on the new,underfunded,inexperienced, or not quite there yet teams which is the majority of the car counts.I have been on both sides and its easy to quit when you do your best and dont get respect for your efforts.It doesnt take much effort to complement a team and it means a lot.You want car counts?Work on 6th back and see what they need.Maybe more start money,more notarity,some time with a microphone,a few photos on the walls,some interviews etc.EVERY TEAM DESERVES RESPECT and there is a place for everyone.We are all of equal importance to the SHOW.Premadanas are a big turn off. Thumper

ok people here is my opinion ( cost ) its why i had to get out. and as much as it cost to build a V8 . the payout needs to be a lot better and not just at the top some of the guys at the back are sinking a lot of money in there cars too . the reason the mini's are getting bigger counts is cause it cost a lot less to build them . but sponsers are hard to find down here .at least ones that help out a lot you can a lot of small ones . but you never make money racing but to race it takes a lot of time and a lot of money . and if the purses dont help out people cannt afford to race so that means lower car counts

but thats my opinion

steven

Archived