Resignation

ccmotorspeedway

From a fan in the stands point of view thank you Owen for bringing a lot of touring series and special events more than has ever been done by anyone before you. I wish you luck out at South Texas ,Saratoga or whatever it will be.Although there has never been a problem getting cars out there in the past getting fans in the stands has been the challenge. I'll go where the car count is. And history shows the dirt gets that.The real challenge goes to whoever runs CCMS to get car count.Let's just see if all those drivers who have been saying they don't run there because this and that show up now.Good luck to you Owen and to your replacement as well.

Donnie,

Will, Todd, Carl, BJ, & GB will be holding a "ghetto managing" seminar on proper set-up and maintenance of track ghettos next Saturday night. Anyone interested are to bring a case of cold beer, BBQ pit, fajitas, and a bird dog to the class.

Topics for discussion...

-proper behavior in the ghetto

-conversational "ghetto talk" 101

-proper technique of downing a beer

-fajita cooking "ghetto style"

More in-depth topics such as

-proper dark lighting for ghettos

-ghetto fencing

will be discussed in other classes.

Owen, thanks for two good years at CCMS. I am not even mad for the two times that I got sent to the back for spinning people out. See, that is two "Ghetto Dwellers" telling you that they are not even mad for you sending them to the back. I bet you don't here that one every day LOL! Good luck on your next adventure, I am sure that it will have another positive effect on the texas racing community and it will add to your long list of accomplishments. And thanks for the after the races entertainment, that was great. I really enjoyed watching ya'll blow a motor up on a car, and giving Rick a ride through fire that is awesome. Sorry to see you go. Neon Will

Owen, thanks for two good years at CCMS. I am not even mad for the two times that I got sent to the back for spinning people out. See, that is two "Ghetto Dwellers" telling you that they are not even mad for you sending them to the back. I bet you don't here that one every day LOL! Good luck on your next adventure, I am sure that it will have another positive effect on the texas racing community and it will add to your long list of accomplishments. And thanks for the after the races entertainment, that was great. I really enjoyed watching ya'll blow a motor up on a car, and giving Rick a ride through fire that is awesome. Sorry to see you go. Neon Will

Just wondering if the Ghetto will return to CCMS or follow all the fun, great managment and true fans to the new South Texas Speedway...

I don't see why there cannot be something worked out with getting a ghetto fenced out at the new track for you guys....

Just an idea!

is there anybody left there? (ECHO.....echo...echo..)..........TESTING 1. 2.

good luck owen

dont want to get on a dirt or asphalt deal.good luck to both i just hope for the fans sack. that one of them runs on fri,1 on sat. if both on the same night no croud,so,so cars.who got the most money to throw away. who suffers. the fans. half as$ shows means more baseball in cc tx. is what that means. the tracks better be thinking right now about there so called investment.avertising dollars are real scarest right now with that baseball team here. look at all the free press they get alone . $25, 000 for just the suites alone.and they sold out marketing-marketing-marketing. its the same old tracks with same old song in dance.look at the snow ball chamber of commerce to greet racers.but it took someone to talk to those poeple. think out of the box.

Guest lidllarry

Yes sir JJS,

You have a very good point there. Once again, if they sold out those high dollar suites, there is cash available. The economy is in real good shape right now. They have sold out of $100,000 suites at the SBC center for the Spurs. Getting the C of C involved somehow sounds interesting. Go get em JJS.

jjs, i don't think it's about a track war some people just wanna race and have a good time..it's not about getting rich racing, just getting paid a little to be able to continue to do what we love to do race and put on a good show for the fans! and people are gonna support tracks that are fun to race at, when you don't look forward to going the fun is gone, and it helps to get a little respect from owners and management. :ph34r:

jjs, i don't think it's about a track war some people just wanna race and have a good time..it's not about getting rich racing, just getting paid a little to be able to continue to do what we love to do race and put on a good show for the fans! and people are gonna support tracks that are fun to race at, when you don't look forward to going the fun is gone, and it helps to get a little respect from owners and management. :ph34r:

Other than dirt instead of asphalt......what will be different at Saratoga?

Same Management.....Same decision makers.

i have suported who has made me and my team welcome. the dirt track did that .i went there almost every sat. to help my cusin the last time it opened. lots of cars, i had fun there there just were not enough fans. please, dont get me wrong owen has a good racing head on his shoulders.and is racer freindly.anyway i can help just let me know. if i can i can. lots of luck and happy holidays

john henry

Archived