Resignation

ccmotorspeedway

My last post as CCMOTORSPEEDWAY.

As of 11/28/05 I have resigned from all duties at CCMS. I will no longer be involved with Corpus Christi Motor Speedway in any capacity.

I would like to thank a few people that helped me keep CCMS going each week. Marcia Brownlee my head scorer, could not have done it with out you. The opportunity to become friends with you, Bill, and Chance made the past 2 years extremely enjoyable. I hope CCMS can continue to hold the Chance Brownlee Memorial. Tony, Carol Ann, Kevin, Tom, Freddie & Crew, Ginny, Kari, Jimbo, Mike Riley, Steve Grantz it has been a pleasure and I hope we can all do it again some day.(Sorry if I forgot anyone.)

I wish Dr. Gregg Godfrey all the best in his future with CCMS and thanks for giving me the opportunity.

Drivers, crews, and fans thanks for putting up with me and showing up each week even though you may not have liked the calls or you disagreed with the way something was done, all of you make racing great in Corpus Christi.

TPS, USRA, ROMCO, TAMS, Allison Legacy, TDCA, TSRS thanks for always being respectful and professional, all of you were excellent to work with and are true professionals.

Tommy Wynd and Chuck Perry you guys made working at the track fun and I can’t say thanks enough for all the work you guys did to make the track a success, we will have fun destroying again in the future.

Thanks again,

Owen Pittman

Mr. Owen Pittman

I met you for the first time this year, Owen. I really enjoyed working with and was looking forward to you next year. You said it best I did not agree with your spin rule but I know it now. I wish you nothing but success in your next endeavor. God bless you & keep you!

Sincerely,

Holleywood

Owen,I am sorry to hear you are leaving CC Motor Speedway.I thought you did a great job as track manager especially with the Thunder Cars.I know we are the most diffucult of groupes to deal with because of the diversity of cars.You have always done what you promised, even paying extra for a high car count.Most mini drivers race for chump change or throphies only in the case of jr.minis upstate.You made me feel like a real racer whenever I raced there.Im not even mad anymore about you stopping a race to put me in the back for a start just because I kicked up a little dirt on the edge of the track.Good luck with whatever you do in the future.It will take someone special to fill your shoes.Thanks for a couple of great seasons. G.B.Carter Texas Thunder 77

Owen,

Sorry to you see leaving the track. It has been a great two years working with you. You are an amazing man with wonderful talent. Your leaving will be a huge loss to CCMS. I know that I annouced my retirement, but I will still miss you greatly. Take care of yourself and keep in touch.

Marcia Brownlee

Your Number 1 Scorer

It is a crying shame that such a great track promoter has been run off from CCMS, I don't see how that place will keep the doors open with out a good knowledgable Promoter.

Racers Beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evolution

There is no rumor to it it is TRUE FACTS South Texas Speedway "The Dirt Track" is opening in 2006.

Dirts for racing and Asphalt is for getting there

Owen,

I'm sorry to hear you're leaving CCMS, especially since you've been such a valuable part of South Texas asphalt racing for the past few years. I wish you the best of luck at Saratoga.

Archived