TRIBUTE TO THE TROOPS

i37DirtTrackMama

I-37 Raceway would like to remind all racers and fans of the special evening coming up on July 9th. The track will be hosting a special “Night at the Races” for our military and especially for the Wounded Warriors that are currently at the Intrepid Center which is located at Brook Army Medical Center in San Antonio. The Center, operated by the army, serves military personnel who have been catastrophically disabled in operations in Iraq and Afghanistan. The Center also serves military personnel and veterans severely injured in other operations and in the normal performance of their duties, combat and non-combat related.

One of I-37 racers, Andrew Hesler has organized this event and is taking his race car to the Intrepid Center on July 6 and to Fort Sam on July 7 for all those visiting his car to sign the race car. He has arranged to have the soldiers bussed out to the track so they can enjoy visiting the racers in the pits and get in on an evening of racing at I-37 Raceway. Several classes have drivers donating their winnings to the Intrepid Center from their night of racing. There is also going to be some special racing going on in several of the classes with drivers dropping to the back of the pack to see if they can work their way up to the front.

Money was donated at the last race with match challenges for additional money from small businesses with more money being donated for each match. It promises to be a very exciting night.

Gates open at 3:00 for the pits, 5:00 for the fans with the racing starting at 7:00. Come join the fun and patriotism by honoring our brave soldiers and enjoy an evening of exciting I-37 Raceway racing.

If questions, please give us a call.

Tribute_tot_he_Troops.zip

That car on the left is "HOOKED" up!

Looks good Drew & I-37. What an awesome tribute and an expression of thanks to our troops.

I plan on calling a buddy of mine who is a Wounded Warrior.

Drew,

Get you some green stuff this weekend. Sorry I have been traveling so much...

Mark

That car on the left is "HOOKED" up!

Looks good Drew & I-37. What an awesome tribute and an expression of thanks to our troops.

I plan on calling a buddy of mine who is a Wounded Warrior.

Drew,

Get you some green stuff this weekend. Sorry I have been traveling so much...

Mark

Mark...np....bills come first...call me today anytime....thank u again!

I personally want to thank everyone from fans to drivers who have made this event bigger than we ever could dream it to be...and its only the beginning. I am very humbled by all the support that has been given from helpin with our car to drivers callin me to partake in the challenge to all the buisnesses that donated last saturday night...to those who have given from out of state..what an honor it has been...Thank u again...all of you

Ron Jagmin and the men of his Community Bible Church of San Antonio have volunteered to bring their large grill and help with the grilling of our "Charlie Burgers" on race night. If anyone else has volunteer ideas or donations they would like to make for this worthy project, please let us know.

I just spoke to Drew about 15 minutes ago. They were pulling up to Center for the Intrepid.

I also just spoke with Jim. This weekend is going to be a great one. Excited all the way around.

Agaain, great job Drew and I-37. Wishing all the racers the best this weekend.....

Mark

Joe,

I just spoke to Jeremy Hernandez a few minutes ago. He was going to call Drew to get some info for today's event. I will try to take my good camera and get some pics to post up....

Mark

I have pictures...LOL

Drew,

I had drivers from texas thunder asking me about this, good job getting the word out.

Joe

Are you coming this weekend Joe? Bring some buddies if you are!!!!

Jamie,

Where are the pictures posted at? I thought I looked through all your JB Hotshot pics, but maybe I didn't look in the right place?

Mark

They aren't on my website but they are on the Facebook fan page.

Thank you Mark for all u have done...thank you to I 37 for allowing us to do this..I cant say enough what everyones help means to us...I am very humbled ..

Wow.... That is one hell of a good job on the graphics... Best I have seen all year... I wish I didnt have a prior commitment to be in Houston to be there to see how things went at the track... Good job all around... Need to figure out a way to make it an annual event in my opinion...

Thank you Mark for all u have done...thank you to I 37 for allowing us to do this..I cant say enough what everyones help means to us...I am very humbled ..

Wow.... That is one hell of a good job on the graphics... Best I have seen all year... I wish I didnt have a prior commitment to be in Houston to be there to see how things went at the track... Good job all around... Need to figure out a way to make it an annual event in my opinion...

We are goin to do this every year..Already planning next year..Thank you for all your support!

Archived