2020 Clash at Texana Huge success!

arob

Wow what an event!

First I loved the format. Fans get more bang for their buck as there were a ton of races to see each night.  You get to see your favorite class many times over there weekend. All three classes put on a GREAT show.

Sportmods ran their Feature Saturday night with no yellows. Job well done by that group. Kulhanek dominated most of the race but Whittington was closing fast. If we had five more laps would had been close. Lots of good battles going on behind the top two.

Modifieds were off to a similar start until 3 yellows at the end. Race was dominated by Chris Morris who was never really challenged.

Now the Factory Stock Main is best described as a heavy weight title fight. Collin Hodges , Daulton Faulkner, Jacob Wilborn, Donald Cain Jr. and the very impressive young Cameron Starry battle it out with position changes every lap it seemed until Starry got involved in a multi car pile up. Starry was strong all weekend and hung with the big boys all weekend. Not bad for 15 or so year old.The gloves started to come off as every restart got more physical. I was kinda hoping Wilburn would had won as it would had made a cool victory lane photo the way that car looked at the end. But Collin Hodges held of a HARD charging Dalton Faulkner for the win.

I strongly advise if you don't have Race on Texas get it to see the replay off this event. The Factory Stock Main is worth the cost itself.

I think the car count was 75 Factory Stocks , 42 Sportmods and 32 Modifieds or close to that.Results for both nights can be found at professionalmotorsportssolutions.com. Now it is onto the Jerry Whiteaker Memorial at South Texas Speedway Dec. 3,4 and 5 another event that should pull well over 100 cars in TWO classes. 

Edited by arob

It was a good one. You had to bring your big boy/girl  britches to race the Factory Stocks and from what I saw all did! For a fan the format was awesome. Gave us 13 races on Friday and 19 on Saturday with the addition of the Modifieds.And just three classes! Now that is value to the fan and what makes dirt racing great. You need to go to the Jerry Whiteaker Memorial at South Texas Speedway. Last year was great and fun event and the Factory Stock if I remember right is three times the amount to win than last year! Being that STS is a faster ,wider track this could be the show of the year if the same cast is there that ran TRP!

Edited by arob