281 Speedway shuts down

Josh42

This from Joe Spillman:

Now that the dust has settled and the enduro is done..we turned out the lights for the final time as promoters of 281 speedway. We've made great friends. We've made a few enemies...but I promise we left it all on the field...errr track. Thanks to those that believed in us. I could've never done this without Abigail Heather, she's worked way more hours than I ever have, I just make videos. So race on peeps and we will put a slider on you soon! Allgasnobrakes.

Joe and Heather put a lot of time, effort, BST into that place....Sadly that track has always had car/fan count issues for whatever reason, location probably the biggest. That being said I've been checking results at most tracks and they're not the only one hurting for car count in certain classes.....Times are changing, most kids are no longer interested in anything but phones/gaming. Then there's social media impact..... Joe was great at his weekly track promotion on fb live, but that wasn't enough to overcome the lack of fan interest there. I've known Joe a long time and I'm sure this has broken his heart and spirit....only for now.

It is a sad day.  I know a lot went into this decision and there are multiple factors.   But hopefully we can see 2 of the best promoters back at it again.