Decades of Asphalt: C.C. Speedway 1995 / 96 Full Length Videos

RichardFord

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a little insight here! The car here that Bruce Beddoe won with was drug out of the brush that Tuesday. The car that Larry Smith won with the same night in super stock was Bruce and Rick Sinards car built in 1985. ( with updates) Both cars won several championships over the years with these two drivers . The set up over those ten years was greatly influenced by Rick Rapp. His wisdom will not be lost by several people! May he RIP!

(Late Model race June 8 1996). I remember this race (I think anyway). It was one of the most fun I had in a race. I'm driving the #4 car and if I am correct Carlucci Sr. was driving the one in front of me. His car was so loose but he stayed in it all the way around the track. I knew Sr. was a good driver but that race proved to me he was a great driver and knew how to get the best of his car. if I remember correctly I went and talked to Sr. later and he said Jr. had said something about the car being loose so he wanted to see what it was doing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a little insight here! The car here that Bruce Beddoe won with was drug out of the brush that Tuesday. The car that Larry Smith won with the same night in super stock was Bruce and Rick Sinards car built in 1985. ( with updates) Both cars won several championships over the years with these two drivers . The set up over those ten years was greatly influenced by Rick Rapp. His wisdom will not be lost by several people! May he RIP!

I had a chance to work with Rick for several years on his TIDA Late Model ( both of them ) and we had basically the same concept on how to make a pavement Late Model handle. He taught me some "seat of the pants" stuff and I shared some of my "physics and math" stuff with him. Together we won a LOT of TIDA LM races in spite of the lack of funding. Suspension Engineering knowledge is absolutely required if you race in a division where suspension adjustments are available to the competitor.

Nick

THAT v6 was fast ..first time I heard of right front spring on the left .left on the right the soft set up on that car was something else . rick .keys boys and maybe nick had their hands on that set up .was that the last race slick drove trying to win the championship and lost like by one point or two ..

Archived