Sprint Cars 05-23-15

Memorial day weekend and once again Shady Oaks will be hosting the ASCS Gulf South Sprint car series. Support classes for this race are Dwarf/Modlites, Ltd. Late Models and Modifieds. After another long week of rain and more rain yesterday we will head toward next weekend with high hopes of the rain staying away from SOS. The property is wet and needs good sunshine to help dry. Although the forecast does not sound real good it is still a hit or miss week of rain. Lets pray we are in the miss area.

SEE YA AT THE RACES!!!

Most people I have talked to like the mod lites because how fast they are. There would be a better car count and more competitive cars to make better racing except the pay is so low at sos. Texana pays twice as much and has good racing and car counts. Houston area pays 1000 to win about every other week. If there are a bunch of e mods sitting around there must be a reason

I was just hoping that since STS rained out a two day event that a bunch of hungry racers like myself are itching to race that we could figure out a way to integrate Pure stocks, street stock , etc along with the sprint show.. Heck even Friday or Sunday is fine with me.. I hope am not alone in feeling like this beautiful three day weekend would be awesome with some stock car race too..I really dont care for the payout but would be nice.. Am most interested in track time and fun..Hopefully something will happen if not oh well didn't hurt to ask..

Big races need Pure Stocks and Sportsmods especially now that STS is rained out.They bring at the very least 20 cars each with them plus all their fans that come to see them.The other two would be lucky to bring 20 combined.Speaking from a fan point of view.

I went to a $1000 to win Modlite race at Battleground last year and they had 12 I think and the top two lapped up to 4th. I like them and they could be a good class, but Sport mods and Pures will bring around or over 20 but glad Modlites get their "Big Show" chance.

Archived