2015 Central Texas Speedway Rules

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess you can tell we must all be really bored.. I just sold a portable shed I had out front, to make room to build a shop for the cars. Starting saturday I have to level the ground out front build the forms pour concrete, order the metal frame and roof then build the sides of the shop. Once I get that done I'm going to start looking for a lift for one side then I'm going to have eye bolts in the floor on the other side to straighten frames with. I guess I'm in this for the long haul!! Also getting a welder this weekend that I'll have at the track this year as well as the generator to go with it. Only 120v but it's a Lincoln and should do what ever we need there I hope. I think I have wanted to do this my entire life so I'm going all in!!

So trucks.. What is the specification by "GM" or the track on duration and lift of a the camshaft.. Which should remain stock? Is it stock, if not ,, where's my barrier?

Chris... I swapped those two files.

Please make sure that I have them all posted now. I had some problems making the swap and I may have accidentally deleted a set of rules. Let me know.

Nick

To answer a couple of previous questions.....Yes Legends will be racing at CTS in 2015.

On the truck rules there is a clear list on the GM 602 engine that lists all parts that do not have to be the original GM parts, the rest of the engine must be original GM parts and fit the specs of the GM Circle Track Crate Engine Technical Manual part #88958668.

Thanks

Chris

So camshafts must remain stock and meet specs of 668. No re-work.

And I'm assuming slotted rotors are illegal, not for cooling purposes, but they could be considered lightened. And I say not illegal for cooling purposes because I'm assuming we can run brake fans, ducting etc.. If there's no rule on cooling of the brake system.

As far as the exhaust rule goes that is probably a rule I should rewrite. It is the intention of the Sport Compact class to be an entry level basically stock racecar. That said on the exhaust it is the lowest part on most vehicles and seems to be the first thing to be crashed, bent, smashed, or destroyed on the cars in an off road excursion, that seems to happen quite often in an entry level class. I feel that if the oem size exhaust pipe is used and it makes it beyond the driver it is sufficient and most economical for a sport compact. That said don't get any ideas with transmissions, gear ratios, computer programming, throttle bodies, fuel injectors, or I could go on and on.

Thanks

Chris

As far as the exhaust rule goes that is probably a rule I should rewrite. It is the intention of the Sport Compact class to be an entry level basically stock racecar. That said on the exhaust it is the lowest part on most vehicles and seems to be the first thing to be crashed, bent, smashed, or destroyed on the cars in an off road excursion, that seems to happen quite often in an entry level class. I feel that if the oem size exhaust pipe is used and it makes it beyond the driver it is sufficient and most economical for a sport compact. That said don't get any ideas with transmissions, gear ratios, computer programming, throttle bodies, fuel injectors, or I could go on and on.

In other words stock means stock?? Crap, now I have to unprogram the transmission, regear the computer and take out the extra injectors I put in the throttle body that's hooked to the nitrous!! I figure if you're going to spend the money on extra illegal parts for our class, why not move on up to TPS.. Payout is better, more races each year and a good class to step up to. That's our plan.. One more year here then movin on up!!

Thanks

Chris

Archived