ATTENTION LLM DRIVERS & CAR OWNERS

hray

AGREE 100%. WHERE ARE THOSE 15 CARS. WE DO NOT DRIVE AS FAR AS YOU ALL DO, BUT WE DO DRIVE FROM PLEASATON.Andrew Hesler and the team drive down to have a good time and to be around a bunch of guys that like to race, and race hard. We do not need to keep beating on the rules. Lets all race and promote the track and our class.As for myself(John Lawrence) I really enjoy being around all the teams in our class. And you are right, NO one car is dominating the class, which really makes things interesting. Again nice going to Ron and your team. Good job.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok look I'm not saying this because I work at STS but I say as a fan. LLM are the last of what call the wedge late models of the old days at Riverside. I would not like LLM not running. The class puts a show on. Rusty believe me I understand about driving long distance to race. Just don't give up just yet!!!

100% Agree! Saturday see what cc local cars add up too. i want to thank ALL the cc and us out of town cars for supporting STS and our class. Good intentions does not help put on a show. Lets drop the rule bashing and race.With our rules we have now, NO one car is dominating our class. Two weeks of racing, TWO WINNERS,ONE LIGHT CAR,ONE HEAVIER CAR, ONE 4 BARREL,ONE 2 BARREL IF I am not mistaken.Correct me if I am wrong.Looks like rules might be working.

rusty i agree...the rukes are working but they are gonna change based on tech last wk which blows because i have a bad feeling about it...im willing to sit at the mtg and listen to whatever the topic is about..i financially can travel more than what we r now...however..i think racing other tracks is a good thing but not to leave sts as a whole...with that being said...we dont need to get into a when and who before this time made whatever car counts...without us...the class would die...without the cc cars, we were having 10 to 12 cars weekly at 37....but thats in the past...so please..lets all have open minds but lets all support the track that has us rt this minute and thats sts....again rusty we will go to the meeting...about the rules...well everyone has made that such a fubar situation that they are changing and we have no say in it...we did that to ourselves...with all this being said...rusty has an idea..we all should allow him to speak as we want everyone to hear us...im sure he understands where everyone sits rt now but we need to let him talk. if what he has to say doesnt fit any of us then so be it...im done talking about all of this because its just turning me off to everything....noone listens with an open mind in the first place because 9 times out of 10 the ideas go against what the rest of us have or dont have and yaddy yaddy ya...now we are at the mercy of the track...not ourselves....ill see yall saturday...

Whos the spokes person for the class?? Racing at other tracks is not a problem , but when thes no

purse or points fund no one shows! SOS told me already this year they had no money for our class!

They would be more than willing to run us if someone brings money to support it!!!!

I've got 1 more thing to say and then as far as I'm concerned we can shut this thread down. The thread was addressed to LLM drivers/owners to schedule a meeting to "explore possible race dates at other tracks". It has never been about anything negative about STS or Ken Hobbs (other than CC is just too darn far away from New Braunfels).

So far in this thread I've been told:

I'm trying to kill the class

I'm trying to kill STS

I'm disrespecting Ken

I can't split the class

There is no purse money at other tracks

STS is the only track that has supported our class/no one else wants us

etc., etc., etc.

I've supported STS and this class more than most of you that are making the accusations and definitely more than all those fantom CC cars out there. I've always liked STS and that's why we did not put up a fight when I37 closed, even though there were other offers on the table. I also knew Owen from TAMS days and knew we would get a fair deal.

As far as disrespecting Ken, this forum is to promote racing in TX and that's percisely what my intentions are. I have not said anything against him personally - I don't even know him - and if he has any thoughts on this topic, he's perfectly able to post on here the same as anyone else. I've not talked to him about this topic but I have PM'd other concerns to him and he has responded to my satisfaction. If he has concerns about this topic, he knows how to contact me.

Very few of you even know what you're talking about. Our class is well respected by other tracks, primarily because we put on a good show that the fans like, but also because we police ourselves and conduct ourselves with respect. Most of us are seasoned racers. Contrary to what's been posted here, other tracks would make room in their schedules and provide purse money for us to come race.

So, we'll continue to support STS, we'll continue to spend more money than we have (until we kill the goose), and we'll keep trying to promote racing in TX. If the goose dies though, next year may be a different story.

I'm done!

If someone wants to promote a race at another track, set it up with the track, have purse money set up and schedule on off night of sts, spread the word with the class at the races. We can discuss it this weekend before the races if anyone wants to come by my trailer. Thanks to everyone for their passion for racing.

#23 Kevin

Gentlemen

Lets try something different.My name is Don Moore, I am the Dad of Shane Moore #18 LLM and granddad of Shawn Moore,#18 SS. Lets call season 2014 done. Everyone race where they want to,Rules and distance as they are. Now lets talk about 2015. I will met with any group, any time, any place,and see if we can get together as a group on racers, to see if we can find as much common ground as possible to insure that we get to keep racing. Lets meet just to find that ground first, them we can work on other problems,such as payout,rules,etc.

We need each other to make that happen. It will be impossible to get the CC drivers to come to San Antonio to meet. Just as impossible to get the San Antonio drivers to come to CC. I will meet with any group and relay that information to other groups in hope of coming together as a group. Look at the Street Stock car count after they found common ground. They now have more tracks to run.

I do not want to control anything about this. I have enough to do now. Our family has always had a home track. We do not have to, just always have.

In my 55+ years in business, the 2 most important rules I know for success are PLAN & ORGANIZE. Lets try it. Get in touch with me if you are interested.

Don Moore

Phone 210 393 4767

email dtmoore@wildblue.net

or like me on face book

I hope it works out for you guys. I don't know about 15 CC cars but the field is about 50/50, CC cars would include the 88 (he's midway but has raced in CC for years), 77, 23, Z71, 71, 91 if he still has his car, 5-0 when he's available, 17 and maybe a couple others I may be missing, but either side won't make it without the other half. I'd hate to see the class go away and again thank you to the SA guys that make it a full show.

77,23,z71,71,91,5-0,17, 66 , 5 ,88 too! 10 cars thinking theres a few more , then some being built!

class was here before i 37 shutdown!

remember that its a sts class of cars!

but hey if few of us have the funds lets just go to full blown late models!!

Bobby Jack, you are right. We all need each other for this class to make it. I can list 15 cars from sa area. Are they going to come? Who knows.Not ever one can come every week. Thats why we have to bond together and support our class. Would be nice if some one could call all the drivers Friday before race day and get a show or no show for the next night of racing .Just saying.Trying to be creative to pull class together .

Why don't we do it on this forum. We could start a topic called "LLM Roll Call" on the Wed. before ea race. If you intend to race you have to post yes (only the driver could post to avoid confusion) by midnite Fri. That way if there's not going to be 8 cars we won't get caught driving down and not getting to race.

LLM Drivers and Crew,

I have and will always let you race. I would never turn you away. You are welcome at STS. The problem comes however when you talk about payouts. Race tracks in general cost a lot of money to run. As a owner you must make enough money each week to cover all the costs including payroll, payout, Electricity insurance ambulance etc... When a class brings in less than 8 cars the payout is much bigger then the amount the cars bring in so the track loses money. A track can only lose money for so long. I support this class and want it to grow.

Thank you,

Ken Hobbs

Yes, thank you Ken. Ken stated at the beginning that any class with less than 8 cars would race a main only and get their entry back. Also, it doesn't really matter how many cars are from this area or that area. It only matters the ones that show up to put on a show for the people in the stands. That's the reason I show up and also so us "oldtimers" can act like youngsters again. Let's put this to bed now and just go racing.

Richard

EXCEPT...Ron is not allowed....there is a weight limit on the foot...Rons is too heavy because of the ingrown toenails so he is not allowed...LMAO...now thats funny and you know it..

Ken... That means alot..and we will be there every weekend.. 1 car 100 cars...we are there....now if i could just figure out how to drive the damn thing....think they would allow a gps in the cars?

I wont make this weekends race because of work and a family get -together, but my car will be finished by May 24th race and I do plan on making the rest of the scheduled races. so add me to the list. Thanks Ken for clearing up the grey area and keep up the hard work ! B)

• 2 months later...

If any one could help me out it would be much appreciated. I have been trying to find the rules for our class and have had no such luck thus far. Though I will not be able to race the remaining 2014 season. I would however like to get this new motor built for the start of 2015.

Thanks in advance,

Chuck Conte

I am a driver there at sts. But I would have to say llm are my favorite to watch . You guys run the hell out of them cars and put on a great race . So whatever the issue is I hope you guys can get them resolve and continue to put on show for us as fans . Just something to keep in mind is comprised because everyone thinks a different it what makes the world go round . S

Archived