Revised 2013 Race Schedule

Race #1 - May 11th / Shady Oaks Speedway

Race #2 - June 1st / Cotton Bowl Speedway

Race #3 - July 6th / Cotton Bowl Speedway

Race #4 - July 20th / Texana Raceway Park

Race #5 - August 31st / South Texas Speedway

Raindate - October 19th if needed.

Real simple everyone the July 6th race date has been given to Cotton Bowl Speedway. They will have 2 races this year due to the unfortunate closing of I37. Cotton Bowl Speedway the newest racing jewel in Texas has earned this by pulling off last years tall task of getting open in time to run the South Texas Street Stock Shootout for their Grand Opening! If I37 reopens at some point we will repropose the return of the series to I37 for 2014. We wish them luck in finding a potential buyer. July 6th is a great weekend due to no tracks running on that Saturday Night. So the exposure we had going to I37 will be even bigger at Cotton Bowl Speedway due to ASCS Sprintcars would have ran 2 nights prior to our Saturday night race. I know some have mentioned other tracks further away and ones we have not raced at. At this point we are still trying to keep this a regional series. Travel expense and hotels need to be optional and not manitory to participates. We are strong in numbers and so far our history prooves we are doing something right. We will continue this approach by surrounding ourselves with awesome drivers, sponsors and people. Hope everyone is excited with the return of Texana Raceway Park and the newest track Cotton Bowl Speedway. Shady Oaks Speedway made it very clear they are onboard and cant wait, along with South Texas Speedway who will continue putting on special events through out the year with their Big South Texas Shootout ending all racing in Dec. Plenty of racing to go around for the street stocks if you have questions fire away!

It was offered last year and CCS was this year. Its an interesting idea providing you get full participation to make it worth it. I just think thats the issue. If you dont get full participation then I think it will hurt your dirt participation. Its food for thought and something to discuss for 2014.

• 3 months later...

Well I'm not sure how it matches up but I do know an asphalt car won the shootout race at STS last year...Bobby Jack, I remember those days too and your bomber class with the Strikeforce group, the Nesloney's et al those were good times. Never forget the reaction you guys got at Ocktoberfast that year when you guys went 3 wide into 1 and made it out alive. Glad to see SAS back too. Hope CCS can get a car count, I know they're trying. Be nice to have both tracks doing well. I like this series too, the races we've seen at STS and TRP have been good and I like the way they're run (except the time trials) but that's just a personal thing from a fan's perspective.

THAT FIRST OCTOBERFAST RACE FOR THE CC SPEEDWAY BOMBERS WAS AWESOME, I WON THE RACE BUT AFTER THE HEAT WHEN WE WENT 3 WIDE MY WIFE WAS TOLD THAT YOU CANT GO 3 WIDE AT SAN ANTONIO. I LAUGHED AND SAID WE COULD PROBABLY GO 4 OR 5 WIDE, IT WAS SO BIG COMPARED TO CC. WE RAN STREET TIRES THEN MOST CLASSES NOW RUN RACING TIRES $$$$$$$$$$$ JMO

BOBBY JACK

Archived