CTS Ticket Pricing

It is pretty clear this business model is setup to sell booze and charge fees to a captive customer base. The races are just a sideshow to the big picture. Not saying anything is wrong with that, the bills have to be paid. Racers generally take exception to being nickel and dimed to death so it will be interesting to see. This business model may work for the country club type racers. FWIW, the economy in South Texas is as good as it will ever get right now. Money if flowing so I am sure it will help the racing community.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do sit here reading this whole thread thinking that something fishy is happening???? I have a feeling that someone with the COTA attitude took over and thinks that since F1 made a killing that they are going to be able to turn the track around and make a killing themselves.... At the same time I see it as a huge turn off for fans that enjoy short track racing for a reasonable price.... JMO....

If this is going to be the prices I do not think I will be attending any of the races at CTS. The food, snacks and drinks cost enough already. Then to have to pay those prices just to get in the gate? I don't think so.

Let me give you a diehard fans point of view. I have been going to THR/CTS since it opened .I will be more than happy to pay the prices now listed. I also plan on attending races at HMP,SAS , and CC Speedway. I will check out Cotton Bowl and I 37 when the schedules allow it .My main concern is after seeing these raised prices, where is the money going? Is it going back to the race teams or is it going to "improve" the facility? I can tell you one thing,my racing dollar is stretched as it is. I am not going to the carnival if the money is not spent on the track and drivers. Hope to see my racing friends as always this year. The Cone heads have spoken. :unsure:

Ok...wow...my first car cost less then two nights at CTS would and I'm only 27! I've paid more then that to go to races before but not much and not often. To put this in perspective SAS's first race in 7 years that HAD to pay for itself to exist was $25 for a two day Grand-Stand pass with free parking and a good selection of cheap food/drink. I have some reservations about paying $20 to go 100 miles to see some racing on Saturday night but with parking at $5 there oughta be 20 or so cars per class, it better be one helluva concert and the champaign at the "Trophy Presentation Champaign Toast" sure as hell should be on the house.

Let me give you a diehard fans point of view. I have been going to THR/CTS since it opened .I will be more than happy to pay the prices now listed. I also plan on attending races at HMP,SAS , and CC Speedway. I will check out Cotton Bowl and I 37 when the schedules allow it .My main concern is after seeing these raised prices, where is the money going? Is it going back to the race teams or is it going to "improve" the facility? I can tell you one thing,my racing dollar is stretched as it is. I am not going to the carnival if the money is not spent on the track and drivers. Hope to see my racing friends as always this year. The Cone heads have spoken. :unsure:

I would guess the money will go to both, although the facility is in the middle of renovations as we speak. A lot of money is being spent to make it a first class facility in every way.

The big picture for Central Texas Speedway is to provide racers and fans alike a place to race for years to come. With the formula 1 track here, Austin is on the map as a racing hub. And oval racing is alive and well.

I haven't heard anything about payouts but I'll bet the Saturday night guy's will be be compensated very well.

I'm getting my stuff ready to race.

I don't comment on here very often, but I've been going to the local tracks since Ricci Ware was the only game around, and while I realize that the cost of doing business is always going up my first thought when I saw these prices was that he can [edited out by Nick Holt, 01/10/13] . First off the parking fees are completely ridicules, I can't even drive my lowered truck ( sets like most small cars) across the lot without dragging thru the numerous holes so what am I paying for? Then $32 for a show with maybe 7 or 8 Late Models, 11 or 12 Modifieds and having to drive out to Kyle 2 nights to see it all? I'm about as hardcore of race fan as you'll find, and I'll spend money for 3 or 4 beers and something to eat, but this is beyond reason. Just because F1 got $500 for a ticket doesn't mean that the average race fan will spend stupid money for what amounts to a weekly quality show. I enjoy all types of racing and have access to a car I can run at the dragstrip for not much more money than it will cost me to go watch this show. We'll go to SAS when they run and the rest of the time we'll go have some fun at the dragstrip. Good Luck. Oh ya and sorry Nick if I stepped over the line here.

My guess would be you will have to qualify to make the show. Like East cost tracks. Fastest 20 to 25 in each class makes the show. The rest race in the B main. Winners get big purses cause the fans love the show and keep coming back for more.

Sponsors are happy cause the fans buy their products. Drivers are happy because the sponsors give them more money. The Fans like it because the drivers put on a great show and they get to know them and twitter about them and facebook stuff. All on a first class track and facility

Sounds like a better show to me.

If the show is good most people will pay the price. Maybe CTS is planning to have something extra that no one knows of yet. I think it would be best to wait and see before hammering them to bad on their decisions. I do agree paying for parking is rediculous though.

If the show is good most people will pay the price. Maybe CTS is planning to have something extra that no one knows of yet. I think it would be best to wait and see before hammering them to bad on their decisions. I do agree paying for parking is rediculous though.

It's not just the racing fans who will be paying for parking but all of the venues that come to the facility. They will be having a concert series there in 2013 just like they are having a racing series. There will be activities going on weekly.

The parking fee's are universal for everything. This will finance the paving of the parking lot. As I mentioned in another post, their is a lot of money being spent on upgrades to the track.

QTX is open everyday but Sunday. Anyone can check it out. If you have never been on the track QTX will put you in one of their"s Pro Karts and send you out

My guess would be you will have to qualify to make the show. Like East cost tracks. Fastest 20 to 25 in each class makes the show. The rest race in the B main. Winners get big purses cause the fans love the show and keep coming back for more.

Sponsors are happy cause the fans buy their products. Drivers are happy because the sponsors give them more money. The Fans like it because the drivers put on a great show and they get to know them and twitter about them and facebook stuff. All on a first class track and facility

You have to have enough cars to run a show like that. The only time I've seen that type of car count at Kyle was the Big Shot races several years ago. If they are going to pay BIG money 8 times a year to bring in BIG car counts thats different, but I'm not holding my breath until someone with the checkbook steps up and promises BIG money. Call me cynical but, to have enough cars to worry about a B-Main you first have to fill the A-Main and that hasn't happened at Kyle in quite awhile. At least not in the fast classes. Don't get me wrong I'd be thrilled to go see 8 shows over the season with 20 or 25 late models and then that type of cost would not be unreasonable, but East Coast prices don't work with Central Texas car counts. At least not with the car counts we've been seeing.

HERE WE GO WITHT HE EAST COAST THING! TO ME YOUR FANS ARE WHAT MAKES A TRACK A SUCCESS AND I THINK PRICES WONT HELP. BUT THEN AGAIN IVE BEEN WRONG A FEW TIMES. JUST REMEBER IF YOU DONT HAVE FANS YOU WONT HAVE DRIVERS.JMO!

HERE WE GO WITHT HE EAST COAST THING! TO ME YOUR FANS ARE WHAT MAKES A TRACK A SUCCESS AND I THINK PRICES WONT HELP. BUT THEN AGAIN IVE BEEN WRONG A FEW TIMES. JUST REMEBER IF YOU DONT HAVE FANS YOU WONT HAVE DRIVERS.JMO!

I agree, if you don't have fans you don't have drivers and if you don't have a reasonable number of drivers you won't have fans. It takes both.

It's not just the racing fans who will be paying for parking but all of the venues that come to the facility. They will be having a concert series there in 2013 just like they are having a racing series. There will be activities going on weekly.

The parking fee's are universal for everything. This will finance the paving of the parking lot. As I mentioned in another post, their is a lot of money being spent on upgrades to the track.

QTX is open everyday but Sunday. Anyone can check it out. If you have never been on the track QTX will put you in one of their"s Pro Karts and send you out

Ok...I'll bite. Besides change the name and raise prices what is Self doing to double or triple car counts? I'll pay $42 to watch two nights of racing with 15 or 20 cars but so far all we've seen are plans to raise prices? THIS is the business plan we waited for?

If you actually think about it, it's going to be more economical now. Before you were paying 25 dolllars to get in the pits and 12 dollars to get in the stands two weekends a month. Now you are only paying 35 dollars a person in the pits and 20 dollars a person in the stands once a month. Therefore you are saving 15 dollars a person in the pits and 4 dollars in the stands...Plus you get more racing in one night then you did in the two weekends you ran before when you were running 10 laps a night. We will be there.

Archived