SAS website

Mark39

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I was tOld San Antonio speedway will be a special event track having 4-5 events a year he told me it was not economical to have a regular season which really if you have a bunch of fans and get a lot of money off of those event I could see it turning around to a season again another thing is the site was updated saying all the basic needs that the track will need to run the octoberfast including generators portable lights portable bathrooms and concessions

Having just 3 or 4 races a year is good enough. Atleast you would get to look forward to racing there again. And it also gives the racers time to save up, get their cars ready and looking nice for those big races to compete at the same level as others instead of winging it by on some weekends just for points.

The website is blank. SAS should never have been closed, but politics and Toyota caused this situation. Everyone says they want it open again, well heck so does everybodythat ever raced there. With the economy being what it is today it is next to impossible. But we can get F1 built. No pun intended to F1. It is really a shame that their is not enough sponsorship to bring the old gal back to life. The same thing with Texas Motor Speedway. Oh well JMO, and that is all for today. LOL.

It wasn't Toyota that caused the track to close. Toyota has a 3 mile radius around it's factory that specifically states that nothing will be done to the dirt within the confines of that 3 mile perimeter, it is an Ag exemption. SAS fell in at 1.2 of the 1.5 mile radius according to the "StarLight Agreement" between Toyota & the City of SA. But greed and plain "Good 'Ol Boy politics" got in the way and "Boom" code compliance shows up, and a facility that has been running for 30 years is now uninhabitable. Phillip Cortez was the major push behind this deal and he and the other "city crooks" caused the tracks closure. Lenny66 :angry:

The website is blank. SAS should never have been closed, but politics and Toyota caused this situation. Everyone says they want it open again, well heck so does everybodythat ever raced there. With the economy being what it is today it is next to impossible. But we can get F1 built. No pun intended to F1. It is really a shame that their is not enough sponsorship to bring the old gal back to life. The same thing with Texas Motor Speedway. Oh well JMO, and that is all for today. LOL.

It wasn't Toyota that caused the track to close. Toyota has a 3 mile radius around it's factory that specifically states that nothing will be done to the dirt within the confines of that 3 mile perimeter, it is an Ag exemption. SAS fell in at 1.2 of the 1.5 mile radius according to the "StarLight Agreement" between Toyota & the City of SA. But greed and plain "Good 'Ol Boy politics" got in the way and "Boom" code compliance shows up, and a facility that has been running for 30 years is now uninhabitable. Phillip Cortez was the major push behind this deal and he and the other "city crooks" caused the tracks closure. Lenny66 :angry:

Totally disagree with toyota not at fault. Maybe it was indirectly, but it was the first nail

Its saturday & no racin. Immagine the looks on phose guys face if all us racers each loaded our mowers/weedeaters & showed up today to help! I realy want this track tunnin again. Any takers?

Economically a few races a year would be better than the weekly show. The weekly show was struggling at the end out there with lack of support. Seems like there is a lot of interest and could be good turnout in . pits and stands. Either way good to know there is someone trying to make something happen.

Its saturday & no racin. Immagine the looks on phose guys face if all us racers each loaded our mowers/weedeaters & showed up today to help! I realy want this track tunnin again. Any takers?
forgive me. I just watched "we bought a zoo" so im feelun inspired and a little emotional. Lol. Let me try this n a way we racers wull undetstand. Ima load my riding mower & take it out there. I dint think anyone has a faster mower than mine. ANY TAKERS?

i sent a email through their website , the responce i recieved back was they are planning a organized day of cleaning , and would let me know when that might be, said they had to finalize details i guess. jus excited to get something back from them in that quick of time , i sure hope their efforts are sincerely the real deal . even if it is for 1 last race at the best track in texas. everyone misses that place and we all want to see this happen! :D

forgive me. I just watched "we bought a zoo" so im feelun inspired and a little emotional. Lol. Let me try this n a way we racers wull undetstand. Ima load my riding mower & take it out there. I dint think anyone has a faster mower than mine. ANY TAKERS?

I am at the track now talkung to people. I hete to tell u it aunt that bad. Tgis is gina happen yall. The racung surface liiks alot better than I thought. I am takung many pics. Gona needa little help uploadung. Very busy iut here.

K. Got plenty of picks. Got alot if info. From the things I was told im pretty certain & confident this will happen. I need to send these picks to someone who can upload them. I cant figure out how to do it on my phone

They did a lot of mowing, and even took out a lot of grass and weeds off the racing surface! They busted some butt out there today for sure! It's a Awsome feeling to see a change in the place after driving by it everyday on my way home seeing it run down! It gives a lot of hope!!

GUYS I WAS OUT THERE YESTERDAY WALK THE HOLE TRACK GOT SOME REALLY GOOD PICTURES I POSTED THEM ON MY FB PAGE I WILL POST THEM ON HERE TOMORROW. SOUNDS LIKE THEY WERE OUT THERE TODAY DOING A LOT OF CLEAN UP.THEY HAVE A FOR SALE SIGN UP AND I CALLED TO FIND OUT IF IT HAD BEEN SOLD OR LEASE THE COMPANY THATS BEEN TRYING TO SALE IT HAD NO IDEA ABOUT ANY OF THIS NOT EVEN THE WEBSITE. SO HE WAS GOING TO DO SOME CHECKING.HE DID SAY THAT THE BROTHER AND SISTER WHO OWN THE LAND HAVE BEEN BATTLING OUT ABOUT SALEING OR LEASING. SO WHO KNOWS. HE TOLD ME HE WOULD CALL ME FIRST THING MONDAY MORNING AND LET ME KNOW WHAT HE FOUND OUT. ;)

GUYS I WAS OUT THERE YESTERDAY WALK THE HOLE TRACK GOT SOME REALLY GOOD PICTURES I POSTED THEM ON MY FB PAGE I WILL POST THEM ON HERE TOMORROW. SOUNDS LIKE THEY WERE OUT THERE TODAY DOING A LOT OF CLEAN UP.THEY HAVE A FOR SALE SIGN UP AND I CALLED TO FIND OUT IF IT HAD BEEN SOLD OR LEASE THE COMPANY THATS BEEN TRYING TO SALE IT HAD NO IDEA ABOUT ANY OF THIS NOT EVEN THE WEBSITE. SO HE WAS GOING TO DO SOME CHECKING.HE DID SAY THAT THE BROTHER AND SISTER WHO OWN THE LAND HAVE BEEN BATTLING OUT ABOUT SALEING OR LEASING. SO WHO KNOWS. HE TOLD ME HE WOULD CALL ME FIRST THING MONDAY MORNING AND LET ME KNOW WHAT HE FOUND OUT. ;)

I sent all the pics I took today to alexander01 so he can post em. I saw alot of progress out there today that gives me alota hope. Dont know that theyd b allowed on the property w/big equiptment doing wat they were doing w/out a lease.

Cool! Keep us posted!

Archived