The "Fastest Race Announcer in Texas" race

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have had a great deal of fun the last several weeks leading up to this racing event for us announcer with all the trash talking. It has all been in fun as all of us announcers have one common goal..... to raise money for the Ryan Bard Safety Foundation. The verbal jabs and trash talk has been nothing serious with us all. But we all are serious to committ to our goals that will benefit the RBSF. We hope that the fans will come to Texas Thunder Speedway and take in all the action and at the same time you will hopefully enjoy the side attraction of us goofy announcers. A HUGE thanks to Texas Thunder Speedway for hosting the RBSF fund raiser. Thanks to Bill "Sarge" Masom for organizing and leading us with this effort. Also a HUGE thank you to the drivers that will be providing us the cars to race. Without them, this will not be possible. It is my pleasure to assist in the sponsorship of the trophies for the competitors and also provide a cash donation to the foundation under the name of All American Motorsports.

I extend my best of luck wishes to the other announcers that will compete tonight. I also wish for safe racing and that we bring all the cars back to the pit stalls without a scratch. Let's have fun and pursue the effort to turn something good out of something that was so terribly bad with the loss of Ryan Bard, the young racer that was the New Mexico State Champion in the IMCA Southern Sport Modified division.

Watch over us Ryan and have fun watching us as we race in your memory.

Oh, the trash-talking was all in FUN? Ooops, my bad.

Douglas, in answer to your question on the beverage side of things...... It's a pretty much "run what you brung" sorta deal. If it's cold, free, and resembles beer, well, ya got a winner.

We had a fine turnout last night, gave away a number of springs, had some great discussions, felt very welcome at TTS.

Archived