Sport Mods @ I 37

txhotmod

Phone calls to the track may be the right way....but that's ASSUMING someone actually answers the phone.......<_<

Headers and Licensing info is black/white in the IMCA rules....no "grey" areas!!! If ANY track is turning a blind eye, I suggest contacting Regoinal Director, Davey Plato @ Boyd Raceway......then that track won't have to worry about rules anymore.

Lots of people read Lone Star Speedzone and, yes, it's a sure way to get your point across to the racing community when you're all pissed off about something. Post something negative about a track or a call or just about anything and there will be others who join in to create a bash party...

Although the words usually vary, bitch sessions more or less get started like this...

"Poor me. I have been terribly wronged by the track and I want the world to know. By me posting my bitch on here maybe I can force the track to change something to meet my idea of what's right or wrong.... "

Yes, that is indeed a very effective tactic. It does get the track's attention and sometimes changes result because of all the bitching and moaning.

But folks, that's not what Lone Star Speedzone is intended to do. Discuss issues calmly and in a positive manner? Sure. Bitch and moan. Nope.

Nick

Yes it should be handled with the track. But when it goes in one ear and out the other ear of the track and you keep getting blown off by the track then what do you suggest.

Yes it should be handled with the track. But when it goes in one ear and out the other ear of the track and you keep getting blown off by the track then what do you suggest.

Yes, bitch sessions are removed. Yes, rants are removed. However, if talking to the track doesn't bring the results you had hoped for, Lone Star Speedzone is not "Plan B."

In the past - in my case, in the distant past... LOL - a group of concerned drivers might request a meeting with the track officials where things could be discussed in a calm, positive manner with the people who have the authority to make the changes you are trying to achieve.

Have you tried that approach?

Nick

For some reason there is always griping about this track. When I do go there I always get the impression they appreciate me being there. It almost seems like people want them to shut down. I just don't get it.

thanks poorboy.... I'm on call tonight, so i'm not out there... i have said this before, but it has only been a year and a half. still plenty of time to get done what they set out to do... wish i could be there tonight...

best to everyone tonight!

Mark

p.s. poorboy, do you remember growing up there would always be a group that would instigate fights? alot of times it would be over nothing, but they would start or say crap just to see if that other person would fight back. amazing that grown ups do the same things...

maybe everyone quit bitching about what the track does wrong and give them a pat on the back for having the 2nd best purse around here, if i didn't work saturdays we would make more trips up there, and for anyone who thinks that outlaw limiteds rules at sts are different besides the headers need to go read over the rules again, if the ones bitching about the headers would ever run any header besides the junk imca header would want to throw them away

For some reason there is always griping about this track. When I do go there I always get the impression they appreciate me being there. It almost seems like people want them to shut down. I just don't get it.

Dont get me wrong I want the track to succeed all so and I will do everything i can to help. (just ask) and i will show up to help. here is my number

Shane

210-364-5929

Besides that I never mentioned a specific track. I just asked Nick a question on this thread.

Dont get me wrong I want the track to succeed all so and I will do everything i can to help. (just ask) and i will show up to help. here is my number

Shane

210-364-5929

Besides that I never mentioned a specific track. I just asked Nick a question on this thread.

Yep. And I answered.

Nick

TOOOO MUCH I HAVE TO SAY WAY TO MUCH I HAVE A QUESTION AND ONLY A QUESTION WHAT MADE THE MODS NOT HAPPEN ANY MORE ??? AND WHY IS THE SPORT MOD CAR COUNT GOING DOWN?THOSE QUESTIONS IM AM SURE THE TRACK IS ASKING THEMSELVES <_< IT WAS A LOT OF FUN GOING AND RACING ON FRIDAY NIGHTS HEADING SOMEWHERE ELSE ON SAT :rolleyes: AND NOW HOW IS THE RACING AT I37 WITH THE MODS SOMEBODY COME UP WITH A PLAN CAUSE THE ONE THAT IS OUT THERE IS NOT WORKING I HAVE STARTED BUILDING A CAR SOLD A CAR AND I HAVE TO ASK MYSELF FOR WHAT SO SOMEBODY CAN TELL ME THE RULES HAS CHANGED U CAN NOW DO THIS AND THAT OH AND THATS OK GO AHEAD HECK RUN THAT TIRE GO RUN THAT SET ALSO COME ON LETS GET SOMETHING SET IN STONE FOR EVERYONE THATS THE WAY THE TRACK WILL LIVE :P:D I AM NOT BASHING NO ONE AND I AGREE WITH U ON THE HEADER BUT WHERE WILL IT STOP :(

Hey mr densmore, how can I get ahold of ya. I really need your help with our late model. Adding 600 lbs to a late model has really thrown me for a loop. Really thinking about the 4 link next year but can ya help me with the leaf set up for now? Thanks, drew.

TOOOO MUCH I HAVE TO SAY WAY TO MUCH I HAVE A QUESTION AND ONLY A QUESTION WHAT MADE THE MODS NOT HAPPEN ANY MORE ??? AND WHY IS THE SPORT MOD CAR COUNT GOING DOWN?THOSE QUESTIONS IM AM SURE THE TRACK IS ASKING THEMSELVES <_< IT WAS A LOT OF FUN GOING AND RACING ON FRIDAY NIGHTS HEADING SOMEWHERE ELSE ON SAT :rolleyes: AND NOW HOW IS THE RACING AT I37 WITH THE MODS SOMEBODY COME UP WITH A PLAN CAUSE THE ONE THAT IS OUT THERE IS NOT WORKING I HAVE STARTED BUILDING A CAR SOLD A CAR AND I HAVE TO ASK MYSELF FOR WHAT SO SOMEBODY CAN TELL ME THE RULES HAS CHANGED U CAN NOW DO THIS AND THAT OH AND THATS OK GO AHEAD HECK RUN THAT TIRE GO RUN THAT SET ALSO COME ON LETS GET SOMETHING SET IN STONE FOR EVERYONE THATS THE WAY THE TRACK WILL LIVE :P:D I AM NOT BASHING NO ONE AND I AGREE WITH U ON THE HEADER BUT WHERE WILL IT STOP :(

[edited out by Nick Holt, 6/27/09] i just think we need one set of rules and stick to them and then the car will come......

Phone calls to the track may be the right way....but that's ASSUMING someone actually answers the phone.......<

What do you mean by that jay? I keep the track phone with me 24/7. I 99 % of the time always answer it, even at 2 or 3 in the morning, when drivers want to "talk". Sometimes they call even later than that and I still answer the phone. If it's something that I can't answer, then I will have jim or eric call that person.

I just wanted to make that clear.

Ok,one set of rules....Is that OUTLAW or IMCA????Frank T

hay frank IMCA if it is a sanctioned track or outlaw if it is a outlaw track just say if the track need to start the season with one set of rule and stay with them all season and don't go back and forth..... just put them out there and say here are the rule that we are running and that is that it make it easier for all of us to run and not be constantly changing stuff the run there that is all i am saying

Archived