2006 Tentative USRA Schedule Released

thats good....now what about the other drivers

maybe more races could be scheduled at sas. mr dickerson has both the truck series and sas right?

There's already 5 races scheduled @ SAS. Thats half the season. In 2004 the trucks had 6 different tracks on the schedule and ccms wasnt one of them.

Tracks:

THR

SAS

HMP

RED RIVER

ALTUS

TMS

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
maybe more races could be scheduled at sas. mr dickerson has both the truck series and sas right?

i got into a touring series for one primary reason........... {TOU-R-ING} ie (different tracks)?

The more that comes out the more it seems like HMP is using the $$$ saved from paying USRA and putting it into their own SLM Late Model Modified and Hobby Stock Classes. Sounds like they wanted to spend a set amount one way or another... But it is interesting that while Terry helped them out by paying a purse to the LM's their LM count went up vs. them running for trophies and now they decide to dump USRA at least that is how it seems... Sounds like a thanks for the help now get out of my yard type thing...

so what is it

the lack of total races or the lack of tracks that you will race at that bothers you

BOTH! ..........and thanx for your concern....

Well the facts are that HMP started more classes and that there is a hint they are moving another direction. Of course we don't know all the facts from both sides, but if both the deals were similar as last years and refusal to lease the track were turned down for whatever reason, that just shows it seems like "you do your thing and we will do ours". Houston does have several off weekends, not sure if there schedule is final or if they are having special events at the drag strip on those days, but why would you not take the money, than not making any money at all that off weekend. I think they are concentrating on building their weekly program at whatever cost, even if it hurts the Texas touring series, which is owned by someone who has their own track. We will have to see how this plays out. I go to all the USRA SLM races as a fan and I know I'm not the only one, I guess I will also be saving a little bit of money this season, even though I plan on going to more big SLM shows out of Texas this year.

Maybe the people who race in these series can call the owner and ask for more dates at what ever track, and if there is enough interest they can probably get it done. We still time since the racing season is still not here. As for half the races at SAS, it is probably the best place to run since he owns the place, maybe the purses will be higher this year. JMO

Looking @ the schedule there is 4 different times that Mods and Trucks have a substantial amount of off time. May 6 - June 24 that is seven very long weeks!!! June 24 - July 15 three more weeks!! July 29 - Aug 19 three more weeks!! And Aug 19 - Sept 23 five more long weeks without racing.

The three week off thing is not to bad but it does get bad when you have quite a few of them. But the worst part is five and seven weeks off, we have these cars to race and not sit on jackstands. At least the Mods can go run @ Redriver but the trucks have no where else to run.

Even better question. Will USRA have an experienced team in the media center at TMS promoting the racers like they did last year (if the experienced team has an open date on their busy busy schedule) or will it be a learning experience for the people involved?

Funny the same guy that couldn't even get to track on time would make such a statement. Oh ya, how about the info that someone was constantly asking for last year. JMFO

terrys post says it all about houston.we wanted at least 1 race there, but cant have every thing.I hope the post was put on their word for word.

john henry #97usra tams mod.

I gotta admit I left out a few "My only thang is... " and a couple of "Here's my deal, y'all.." and one or two "Here's my thang..." but thats pretty much what he said.

Nick

The shorter schedule allows make up races to be done. But the race dates at ccms and sas are further away and will put more strain on a small budget. Not having race dates at hms has made it hader to sell to some sponsors. What about TMS road course? Has anyone heard about the sponsors that were suppose to be at sas at the last race in 2005?

nope ........... that is wild bill. the biggest little man in the shortest shorts......never say die additude even if its on fire or the pitman arm is falling off from the exit of turn 2............ WILD BILL HAMILTON!

Maybe the USRA SLM's can have a combined non-points race with the All American SLM's(formely the Southern All Stars), they are working on a schedule. With so many open dates at SAS, that can be an ideal place for this type of race. Can get the money and sponsors from both parties and they could have a nice purse.

All American Racing Association Super Late Models

1300 Meridian St Supertrucks

Huntsville, AL 35801

(256)539-4484 FAX (256)539-9492

http://www.aasuperlatemodels.com/

who do i have to pay to keep my post from being taken off?????????????? JOHNNY KELLOUGH

No charge. I delete posts for free! LOL

The best way to not get deleted is to refrain from bashing, etc. We are trying to keep this place as civil and constructive as possible.

If you have a question about any particular post, feel free to PM or email me about your concerns.

Thanks.

Nick Holt

O.K. so we dont get to race houston right now(so the 2 people in the stands wont miss us), but looking back at last year we only ran 13 races and it was a very good and competitive season. Just because it is a little shorter this year as of now doesnt mean T.D. isnt working on something( he always is). I realize T.D. owned the series last year, but he got it kinda late to make it his own. In my opinion this will be the first year he has had full reign over the truck series with enough time to do something positive and i am sure it will take a couple of seasons to get it where he wants it. I am glad that there is a touring series that is affordable and fun to race in. No complaints here YET, So good-bye ARTS(and an extra 250.00) and hello USRA......Long live the King.

Archived