LABONTE LEAVING GIBBS...FINALLY

wkr77

Everything at the #18 trailer was discounted this weekend...

We were guessing that he was on his way out when we saw the specials.

Mel

It makes sence....BL likes the Cowboys, JGR redskins lovers.....

Kinda like water and electricity! :blink:

Latest silly season-

-Busch to the 2,

-McMurray to the 97, since Martin is coming back, number could be 28.

-Sorensen in the 41

-Mears in the 42,

-Terry in the Aikman car for the first 5 races and road courses to build points so Raines can take it over.

-Yeley in the 18, regardless of what Bobby does.

-Hamlin to 11

-Schrader to 21

-Marlin to 14, old #10 team.

-Riggs to new #10 team with evernham

-Waltrip #55 with Bill Davis

-Stremme to 40, will have lonestar beer for 17 races.

-Brent Sherman to 49

-Clint Bowyer to 07

These are the latest, and all are done deals.

maybe he's going to petty so he can get kyle's valuable driving advice? maybe richard will fire kyle's ass and put bobby in the 45.............for adam's sake.....

honestly, how rough are the waters out there when a past champ from 4 yrs ago is negated to settle for petty? i would rather buy a hot dog,a coke and a ticket and watch from e46 seat 213- watching the race and talking about the good ol' days before i'd embarASS myself like that..........but then again i'm not a "true racer"

Kinda think that Petty is an option only because Robbie Loomis is headed there. It can only get better with Loomis, and Loomis and the Labonte brothers go way back.

Petty also has Freddy Fryar there, so maybe they are thinking about performance instead of counting their money.................

it's a shame that he is leaving jgr, to go to petty.........kyle was saying before that he might be in the 43 next year because they couldnt secure sponsorship for both cars, thats another reason they let green go.........would like to have seen labonte in the 07 car next season but boyer will be a good choice too...........

I know it is a tall order, but it would be cool to see the ole petty-blue 43 back in victory lane, and running competitive. Who better than BL to bring them back to glory. Lets see....Everenham motors, Loomis, Labonte. Stranger things have happened.

One other thing, I bet the powers that be in nascar would do anything in their power to get the 43 back in the winners circle.

Gonna be interesting.

Mel

Press Conference at Phoenix Tomorrow will announce Bobby Labonte as the new driver of the #43, with Cheerios and Betty Crocker as sponsors.

Bobby and Cheerios, Terry and Corn Flakes.........

Cereal wars??

Just how might the powers that be get the 43 back into winners circle?  They werent able to get the 24 and the 8 into the chase!

How about..... let'em run a bigger motor, catch them, fine them, dock some points, but let them keep the win....

OH WAIT...

Petty's already done that!

:D

• 4 weeks later...

The "STARS" sure seem to be lining up to go to work at Petty Enterprises.

LEVEL CROSS, N.C. -- Cup series champion crew chief Todd Parrott has been named crew chief for Petty Enterprises' No. 43 Dodge team and driver Bobby Labonte, it was announced Tuesday.

Robbie Loomis, executive vice president of operations for Petty Enterprises, made the announcement.

"While few can match him in knowledge and strategy, no one can match Todd Parrott when it comes to the desire to win," Loomis said. "Working together with Paul Andrews (crew chief for Kyle Petty's No. 45 Dodge) and the talent we have here, we feel we have the ingredients to return Petty Enterprises to Victory Lane."

Labonte is a Cup championship driver. Petty Enterprises has 10 championships going into the 2006 season.

Good Luck PE, would be cool to see the ol' 43 back up front.

Mel

B)

Archived