Terry Dickerson seeks your 'Fall Brawl' input...

NickHolt

Terry is wondering aloud about what class(es) to add to the USRA SLM/USRA ARTS 'Fall Brawl' event on November 19th.

He thoughts were that the Street Stock/Super Stock/Sportsman class or the THR/SAS/TSRS Late Models or perhaps the USRA TAMS modifieds might work, but wanted me to ask for your opinon before making a final decision.

Obviously he would like a high car count if he did decide to bring in another class.

Nick Holt

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He didn't really say, but I got the impression that one or two is what he has in mind. I may be speaking out of school here, but I bet if there were enough cars in just about any class wanting to run he would consider adding them.

Nick

I got a call also, but we can't commit to it. We've got to start rebuilding the car at some point. It's not a definate "no", but pretty close. I'd have to talk to Cary and Dad about it.

But to answer the question, I think the SS/Sportsman cars do put on a great show and would be a good addition.

I would like to see them ALL out there ( Its going to be a longgggg winter). I would think that the SS/SS/S class would be the one that brings in more cars. And they put on a real good show. Just thinking out loud but maybe Terry could use this date as a TEST date. Try a few different rules and see how they work out for next year. And I bet if enough Golf Carts showed up Terry would take them all on.

it would be nice if the Texas Super Sprinter Association was still around(are they) it was fun watching winged sprint cars scooting around that track about 15 years ago. i know wishful thinking.

It seem to me in the past that the USRA(formerly ROMCO) super late models ,the Tams Modifieds, and the TSRS was the big draw for the crowds at SAS. Quick short program everyone was done early a couple of years ago

I think all the USRA Series should race. It might be a little cool, we can get out of there early, I don't know why I said that I always stay till the show ends. Well maybe it will be good for the one's that leave early or first timers. Maybe this could be a yearly event, since Oktoberfast is not what it used to be, it's a big event for all the locals and that's good; as far as the purse for the super late models and no out of towners any more. Next year it could probably be a 2 day event and have a few more support classes. Lets just hope we get enough feed back and it doesn't matter who comes as long as they show and a good car count.