USRA announces schedule change for Nov 19

:lol: on the banquet joke

Jay

Nick, why are you quoting me? I just refocused his question. His premise is either right or wrong. Simple. There is no bashing in my post.

Jay

The MAN SAID WE WERE HAVING THE BANQUET AT TMS AFTER THE RACES... OOPS SORRY MY CAPS SEEM TO BE LOCKED! HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS...

Nick,

It's not for me to get in their p###ing match over matters of credibility so I'll butt out and leave the "who shot John?" to the tsrs/usra folks.

I was just disappointed that "series" pavement racing is not coming to Dallas/Fort Worth. It's a luxury for us to drive just a few minutes to see the races and our friends.

Jay

I appreciate the fact that schedule changes impact all of us, but the decision has been made to cancel the TMS event and replace it with an event (format yet to be determined) at San Antonio Speedway. It's time to move on and let the series directors iron out any differences of opinions, if any.

Mr. Holt, you appreciate the fact that schedule changes impact all of us, but its time to move on..... I have a $5000 a year sponsor that was going to TMS with several of there employees. Several others in the truck series had sponsors that were going as well..... The #5 truck had 50 Down Syndrome kids coming to the race, now we are trying to figure out what to do for these kids. How do you tell them that their not going and be able to get over it or move on? You may can get over it or move on, but then what do you have invested in it? All the teams I talked to was looking forward to racing at TMS, several had rooms booked and lost money on that..... If it was solely the slm's that didnt want to run TMS, then why wasnt this addressed at the beginning of the year and cancelled then......

just an outsider but i heard the same thing jp

they where set to run TMS but tsrs had to move a race from thr to sas to guarantee they would be able to race at TMS they bent over backwards for the TMS race only to not be included at sas for the so called big one could it be a money thing or could horns have locked only 2 people know that! seems no one is talking I would be pissed

Dont bother correcting me I am always wrong anyway

maybe she got tired of all the immature mullet bullshit and sold out?.....and if that's the case he can do with and run yall where and when he wants to....but whadda i know?

arts22,

The only people who actually know the actual circumstances about the TMS date going away are Mary Ann Naumann and Terry Dickerson. Instead of venting about it in a public forum, why not call Mr. Dickerson or Ms. Naumann, or both?

I probably sound like a broken record, but if you have a personal issue (in your case a $5,000.00 one) with someone it only makes good sense to take it up with them.

Thanks.

Nick Holt

Nick, are you saying there was a conflict of interest between the two?

No. I am not saying that. Someone earlier in this thread did though. And I told that person to do exactly what I am suggesting that you do - that you take it up with the folks who made the change instead of trying to second guess (or worse) what actually happened. Both Ms. Naumann and Mr. Dickerson have published phone numbers. Give them a call.

I was not involved with any of the discussions, negotiations, agreements about the TMS race or its cancellation, so to ask me stuff about it won't do anyone much good.

Nick Holt

Nick, are you saying there was a conflict of interest between the two?

No. I am not saying that. Someone earlier in this thread did though. And I told that person to do exactly what I am suggesting that you do - that you take it up with the folks who made the change instead of trying to second guess (or worse) what actually happened. Both Ms. Naumann and Mr. Dickerson have published phone numbers. Give them a call.

I was not involved with any of the discussions, negotiations, agreements about the TMS race or its cancellation, so to ask me stuff about it won't do anyone much good.

Nick Holt

I didnt understand why you were telling me to call Ms. Naumann..... My original post was not directed towards venting or what is going on behind closed doors. It was directed to your post about us MOVING ON. Losing a sponsor isnt good for anyone and when your from north or northeast Texas its hard to sell your series to them when all your races are in San Antonio, Austin, or Houston. TMS was a BIG selling point to land sponsors. BUT more than the sponsors theres 50 kids that had their hopes up about going to a race and now we have to tell them its not going to happen, thats not going to be easy!!!!!

My original post was not directed towards venting or what is going on behind closed doors. It was directed to your post about us MOVING ON.

Sorry that I misunderstood your post. I had no idea you would be taking execption to my suggestion that we all move on..

Nick Holt

You know what instead of everyone bitching about not racing at TMS just be glad you got a race you can run in san antonio. Yeah I wanted to run TMS more than any of you but now we're not oh well. They could of not scheduled this race but they did so just be happy that you do get to race.

Seems to me that TD is doing exactly that MAN does all the time and that is take a vote by the drivers.

I think tsrs is just feeling jipped because they sold the farm to race at TMS and now that the thing aint happening they are all miffed and looking for someone to blame. It was a bad deal to begin with and now they all regert it. I mean what race promotor or sancitoning body would turn their schedule upside down like that to add one race?

So why didnt MAN step up and take over promotion of the race? Seems to be there would be a few car clubs or SCCA racers in the area that could be contacted to step in and fill the USRA slot. After all she is a promotor. She only had to find 30 cars or so and with the lure of TMS it sure seems like it should be fairly possible. Heck I bet she could get 20 THR street stocks to make the haul in a heartbeat.

Marc,

Can you turn it a little bit the other way. It is getting mighty ripe over here!

Ok heres my question. When Jon Garrett had the races at TMS, no one other than ARTS ran? Correct or incorrect? This was for two years?

Now Terry D. told us that the deal for TMS was signed, sealed and delivered for 3 years.

I don't understand how TSRS's involvement has any impact on USRA. I would have loved watching the guys/gals with TSRS run on the road course.

BTW, Nick instead of Us calling Terry D.; shouldn't he be calling us?

You know what instead of everyone bitching about not racing at TMS just be glad you got a race you can run in san antonio. Yeah I wanted to run TMS more than any of you but now we're not oh well. They could of not scheduled this race but they did so just be happy that you do get to race.

i agree, quit cryin and be glad that there was another race scheduled on the same date and the race date wasnt dropped completely. you gotta look at the whole picture as to why it was dropped and not think that it was dropped just because terry and the whole usra crew didnt want to run it. its not just the drivers that have to spend money to race.

After deleting a post or two, I am considering closing this thread unless everyone gets back to being civil.

If anyone has issues with the Nov 19th schedule change, please take them up with Terry Dickerson or Mary Ann Naumann.

Thanks.

Nick Holt

Thats funny coming from you..... Shoulda put whinning and crying in there too!!!!

Archived