Latest on BBS?

NickHolt

Does anyone know if practice is on for this Wednesday at BBS?

Someone told me they went by the track this weekend and that only about a third of the rotten boards have been removed from the grandstands. He said he didn't see any new boards installed in the grandstands either.

I hope things are right on schedule and that BBS will be celebrating their July 4th Grand Opening as planned, but that's only a week from Friday!

Nick Holt

OUCH,

That bites. I just checked their website, and it still says that practice was supposed to be on for today.

Maybe next week.

Hey JR, did it look like they had done some work on the place? Cary said he goes by there on his way to work every day, and he hasn't seen anyone working at all.

Chase

To JR Meredith and everyone else who went out to BBS last night..

I may not have ever been a driver myself, but I know that it takes a lot of effort to make time in your busy schedule to get out and race...so, I'm really sorry you guys wasted your time and effort to get out to BBS for a supposed "practice," only to have none of the BBS officials be courteous enough to (1) let you know there would be no practice and (2) NOT EVEN SHOW UP and have the COMMON COURTESY to tell you in person that there'd be no practice...

Outside of what's been posted on here, I have heard nothing but BAD things about BBS and its organization. I talked to some people at THR last Saturday, and they all just gave me info that further cemented the fact that BBS is very un-organized..

For local-racing sakes, I hope BBS proves me wrong..but right now, I don't see it...

Its not a very good way to get started in the racing business. I feel bad for the guys that showed up to support the track and found themselves shut out. I would have second thoughts. Now I go back to an earlier post where I was asked if I would race there. Are they going to be there if I show up? I hope the Meredith racer gets to live his dream of racing there.

I agree Snooky if they would have let someone like Chuck Licata know the word would have gotten out to the guys.Atleast someone could have put the effort into going out and telling the racers in person instead of showing up to a locked gate.

Good race this past weekend Snooky after all the banging going on I'm glad to see all four tires still on your car at the end.

Archived