2006 Drivers Meeting - Battleground Speedway

TobaGuy

2006 Battleground Speedway Drivers Meeting

Registration will be open at 10:00 am - $25.00 for anyone wanting early registration.

Pit pad rentals will be available for 2006 Season.

November 5th starting at 12:00 PM @ the track…

12:00 pm – Pure Stock Drivers Meeting

1:00 pm – Thunder Bomber Drivers Meeting

2:00 pm – Hobby Stock Drivers Meeting

3:00 pm – Limited Modified Drivers Meeting

4:00 pm – Modified Drivers Meeting

5:00 pm – Misc. Discussion, Track Question / Answer Session

If you want to run a class such as street stock, late model, mini stock i.e. anything not scheduled and you need to represent yourselves in force at the 5:00 pm meeting.

My opinion is that the with track being smaller, it should add for better racing. Now it wont only be a track for the guys who can sink 15,000 into a motor and just take off from the rest of the pack. It will be a lot about set up and gears. I think shortening it is a great thing.

Everything from shortening to taking the banking out of the turns and making them wider was done to create better racing. Fast doesnt mean better action. We felt leaving it like it was would end up discouraging alot of drivers from coming back because the track was always tacky and those big motors would walk away.

I won a bunch of races in the street stock class at Battleground with nothing more than a balanced, stock crank, stock rod, and hyper explosive pistoned short block. Those high dollar motors didn't scare me.

I can't make the drivers meeting, but you guys need to consider a street stock class similar to what they’re running at wills. Yes those motor rules have gotten out of hand, but so has the limited mods and the outlaw umps. If you really want to make racing affordable, then go back to the original rules that were introduced for the limiteds.

The costs of racing seems to be going one direction for sure. However it has effected the street stock class with gator averaging around 16. It hasnt hurt the limiteds as that class continues to grow by leaps and bounds. Besides the hobby class is very close to the old street stock rules from years ago.

Stephan, what kind of B/S you guys going to have to deal with regarding the noise issues the previous management had? Not trying to start anything, just realize that was the inevitable downfall of the track when it reopened after the lease deal with HRP ran out. You can pm or e-mail me if that's better. Keep me up to date via e-mail with plans, press releases, results, etc. I'll get them spread around for ya.

Hey thanks for your interests, well for some reason like you and myself everyone assumed that noice was an issue that shut down the track. This is not true. Several different things played a role in the track closing, however nothing regarding noise shut it down. They did have a neighbor that was unhappy espicially after her first contact with the promoter at that time. She made it her personal vindeta to make life hard for the track. The county nor the city has any noice ordinance never has at any time. Of course like me I hard differently but this turned out to be only rumors. We will be proactive and mandate mufflers on all header type cars along with running an efficient program which needs to be done anyway in respect for our fans. As an update the race track is finished and ready to season a few months before 2006. Lots of improvements have been completed or are currently being worked on. I will stay in touch as we approach 2006.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived